THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pelagius View Post
    YOhio, I am surprised we haven't seen a review from you about "Teen Beach Movie." I think it is at least as deserving as the "Pregnancy Pact" which you reviewed. (And given I mentioned the Pregnancy Pact I think it remains topical for this thread ... hard imagine there hasn't been one involving Urban Meyer's players).

It's not shady/devious enough to make the thread. Sorry..

Comment

• TOSU comes in ranked #2 in the pre-season polls. Can Urban keep this team focused? Can the Buckeyes FINALLY get a win over the SEC? I hope so.. The schedule is favorable.

Comment

• It helps that the Big 10 is one of the softest conferences in the land.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
          It helps that the Big 10 is one of the softest conferences in the land.
          Dude, the rise of Northwestern!
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

It helps that the Big 10 is one of the softest conferences in the land.
            Can Urban and the Buckeyes remove that? I believe the falling of the Big 10 and specifically the Buckeyes started on 1/8/2007 at the hands of Urban. Now that he has come back home, and with his stellar record, will he be the one to help turn it around for the Buckeyes and eventually the Big 10? I can only hope..

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              TOSU comes in ranked #2 in the pre-season polls. Can Urban keep this team focused? Can the Buckeyes FINALLY get a win over the SEC? I hope so.. The schedule is favorable.
              No.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• When i saw this thread bumped, I thought someone else had been arrested. turns out it was just a football-related post.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  When i saw this thread bumped, I thought someone else had been arrested. turns out it was just a football-related post.
                  Like Sark, Urban wouldn't punish them. So might as well talk football.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                    Can Urban and the Buckeyes remove that? I believe the falling of the Big 10 and specifically the Buckeyes started on 1/8/2007 at the hands of Urban. Now that he has come back home, and with his stellar record, will he be the one to help turn it around for the Buckeyes and eventually the Big 10? I can only hope..
                    It's been soft for a while. The whole "Ohio State sucks in their bowl games" thing is overplayed, they've beaten some good squads over the last decade in bowls. They just didn't get it done in the championship games. It's not like they lost to bad teams or anything. When you play good teams you lose sometimes. That said, they probably didn't deserve to be in one of those championship games., the year they lost to Illinois at home then played the 10-2 LSU team in the title game, who also didn't deserve to be there. That was the argument for playoffs that year because everyone had 2 losses. You could have easily made the argument for 8 squads in the title game that year.

I think it's hard to go undefeated back to back, so I'm not sure they can do it. They'll drop a conference game against someone at some point. I'd be really surprised if they're undefeated.
                    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      When i saw this thread bumped, I thought someone else had been arrested. turns out it was just a football-related post.
                      Just wait a day or two.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I think it's clear by now that posting in this thread to support the Buckeyes is an endorsement of Obama's 2012 re-election.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          No.
                          Dontre Wilson will help make it a reality...

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...-dontre-wilson

Comment

It's been soft for a while. The whole "Ohio State sucks in their bowl games" thing is overplayed, they've beaten some good squads over the last decade in bowls. They just didn't get it done in the championship games. It's not like they lost to bad teams or anything. When you play good teams you lose sometimes. That said, they probably didn't deserve to be in one of those championship games., the year they lost to Illinois at home then played the 10-2 LSU team in the title game, who also didn't deserve to be there. That was the argument for playoffs that year because everyone had 2 losses. You could have easily made the argument for 8 squads in the title game that year.

I think it's hard to go undefeated back to back, so I'm not sure they can do it. They'll drop a conference game against someone at some point. I'd be really surprised if they're undefeated.
                            While you make a fine point in that the Buckeyes are the shinning beacon in the Big 10 conference ( ), the 2 national title games were major blow-outs. That hurt their legitimacy of how good they are and it doesn't help when the other members of the conference blow their bowl games. If the Big 10 wants to change this, it will be in their OCG's and who they schedule and the Bowl games...

It will take time to turn the tide... However, I can only hope the Buckeyes pave their own path to redemption...

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Just wait a day or two.
                                I will not even provide a snickery response in order to ensure I don't jinx them..

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                I think it's clear by now that posting in this thread to support the Buckeyes is an endorsement of Obama's 2012 re-election.
                                Man.. that is THE best attempt to stop me so far.. I am having a major internal battle right now..

Comment

Working...
                                X