2012 BYU Football Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • byu71
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22070

    #496
    Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
    IIRC, 2010 BYU vs Florida State was on ESPNU.

    http://www.cougarboard.com/schedule....ll&season=2010
    That was before ESPN signed a deal with us and we became their flagship football team.

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #497
      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      That was before ESPN signed a deal with us and we became their flagship football team.
      True. But our contract only covers home/neutral games.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • byu71
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22070

        #498
        Look at this post over on CB. Guy would make a great political advisor to Obama.


        http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=8646240


        How many of you are still blaming Crowton for problems BYU may be having?

        I like how some guy has a reasonable response and the original poster comes back with, "you don't make sense, nuff said". LOL

        Comment

        • Indy Coug
          Heartless Bastard
          • Dec 2008
          • 18747

          #499
          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          Look at this post over on CB. Guy would make a great political advisor to Obama.


          http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=8646240


          How many of you are still blaming Crowton for problems BYU may be having?

          I like how some guy has a reasonable response and the original poster comes back with, "you don't make sense, nuff said". LOL
          The fact that BYU has gone 66-24 over Bronco's 7 seasons, with a higher career winning percentage than LaVell, and people find themselves having to defend Bronco is a far more interesting topic than whether or not it's Crowton's fault.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

          Comment

          • Donuthole
            Official Outgayer
            • Nov 2008
            • 25273

            #500
            Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            Look at this post over on CB. Guy would make a great political advisor to Obama.


            http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=8646240


            How many of you are still blaming Crowton for problems BYU may be having?

            I like how some guy has a reasonable response and the original poster comes back with, "you don't make sense, nuff said". LOL
            He posts here on CUF, too. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have him come over and defend his post.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #501
              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              Look at this post over on CB. Guy would make a great political advisor to Obama.


              http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=8646240


              How many of you are still blaming Crowton for problems BYU may be having?

              I like how some guy has a reasonable response and the original poster comes back with, "you don't make sense, nuff said". LOL
              LOL. By that logic, I guess LaVell's crappy recruiting was to blame for 02, 03, and 04.... I'd be pissed if I was Crowton.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #502
                Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                The fact that BYU has gone 66-24 over Bronco's 7 seasons, with a higher career winning percentage than LaVell, and people find themselves having to defend Bronco is a far more interesting topic than whether or not it's Crowton's fault.
                Excellent point.

                Comment

                • byu71
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22070

                  #503
                  Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  He posts here on CUF, too. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have him come over and defend his post.
                  I doubt it. I had a couple of debates with him on CB and actually via the Boardmail. He can't take being questionned. He ignored me and then ripped into me on his friends list.

                  Poor guy forgot he had me on his friends list and I saw what he was saying. No nutts. I hope he does still read over here.

                  Comment

                  • Donuthole
                    Official Outgayer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 25273

                    #504
                    Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    LOL. By that logic, I guess LaVell's crappy recruiting was to blame for 02, 03, and 04.... I'd be pissed if I was Crowton.
                    By his logic, LaVell's recruiting was also the source of BYU's squad for the 05 team as well. Crowton's recruits wouldn't have kicked in until 06 (you know, that year we beat Utah at RES and destroyed Oregon in the bowl).
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                    Comment

                    • Indy Coug
                      Heartless Bastard
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 18747

                      #505
                      Anyone being intellectually honest would acknowledge that BYU takes a very long time for their recruits to make their way through the program and that

                      1. The effects of bad recruiting classes can be felt a long ways into the future

                      2. BYU's success with JC recruiting (both in finding good talent and getting them into school) has been poor at best

                      3. BYU has a higher percentage of football players serve missions than ever before

                      So the net effect is that BYU does not do well in being able to fill in the gaps when a given recruiting class craps out. BYU needs to find a way to more effectively find quick fixes when situations like this arise.
                      Everything in life is an approximation.

                      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25273

                        #506
                        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                        Anyone being intellectually honest would acknowledge that BYU takes a very long time for their recruits to make their way through the program and that

                        1. The effects of bad recruiting classes can be felt a long ways into the future

                        So the net effect is that BYU does not do well in being able to fill in the gaps when the senior class craps out. BYU needs to find a way to more effectively find quick fixes when situations like this arise.
                        Conversely, of course, the effects of a bad recruiting class are not felt as immediately as at other schools. I'm not sure that one situation is worse than another.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • Indy Coug
                          Heartless Bastard
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 18747

                          #507
                          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Conversely, of course, the effects of a bad recruiting class are not felt as immediately as at other schools. I'm not sure that one situation is worse than another.
                          I guess it's all a matter of how quickly you can get it over with. There's something to be said about someone sneaking up behind you and shooting you in the back of the head as opposed to be tied up to a post and watching a car drive down to the end of the highway, turn around, rev its engines for several minutes and then watching it speeding towards you, gradually looming larger and larger on the horizon as it gains ramming speed.
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

                          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #508
                            Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                            BYU has 5 BCS opponents this year -- the most in school history.
                            I have to say as one who disagreed with independence from the beginning, this schedule isn't bad. Two good games in ND and GT later in the year, mixed with WAC/MWC caliber cream puffs. If Utah could be the last game of the season I would say it was a great schedule.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                              Time to camp
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26082

                              #509
                              Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                              I'm sure Hawaii is happy about it getting moved to Friday, starts 2 PM local time.
                              True Hawaii has never used bad start times for the road team as an advantage.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

                              Comment

                              • byu71
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22070

                                #510
                                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                I have to say as one who disagreed with independence from the beginning, this schedule isn't bad. Two good games in ND and GT later in the year, mixed with WAC/MWC caliber cream puffs. If Utah could be the last game of the season I would say it was a great schedule.
                                I agree with this. The problem or maybe it isn't a problem, is that it is really great for the TV fan, not so much for "some" of the go to the game fans. I say some, because I know there are lots of fans who love going to LES regardless of who we are playing.

                                However, for anyone to argue the enthusiasm level for the program isn't slipping is just disenjenuous and the home schedule is part of it.

                                Comment

                                Working...