Utah at Pitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    Hey, you don't mess with one of Momma Bears cubs. Remember that when you are at home for the Holidays and BYU is playing on ESPN 8s Wonder White Bread Bowl on December 18th to kick off bowl season.
    Will they break into updates of the table tennis world championship during the game?
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
      I think you might be mixing up the turnpike (I-76) with 322 or I-80. The turnpike doesn't get within 75 miles of State College (but I-80 does).
      It looks like my description wasn't very clear. We took the turnpike up to Harrisburg then went northwest on the 322. There was gameday traffic on the turnpike starting just outside the Harrisburg exit and all along the 322. If Penn St has a home game that same day you could hit traffic for both Penn St and Pitt along the turnpike.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

It will be nice to get a break from the grueling conference schedule and play a .500 Big East team.
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Like last year, Ray Graham is the best player on the Pitt team. Sunsieri is struggling. We need to play tough against the run and get pressure on the qb. On offense, obviously we need to limit turnovers. Duh. This is a Ute team where the repairs to what is wrong is not complicated. This is a good chance to fix those things, on the road, with no conference implications. This game is a possible pivot point for our season. A win over Pitt leading into the easier part of out conference slate will go a long way to getting the UTES back on track. A flop and we may get even deeper into our own heads.

Comment

Utah opens +6.5 after getting way too much love from Vegas at home in consecutive weeks.
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              Utah opens +6.5 after getting way too much love from Vegas at home in consecutive weeks.
              On the road, early start, two time zones away, no offense but I may still take Pitt and give the points.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                On the road, early start, two time zones away, no offense but I may still take Pitt and give the points.
                I've been worried about this game all along.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                  Like last year, Ray Graham is the best player on the Pitt team. Sunsieri is struggling. We need to play tough against the run and get pressure on the qb. On offense, obviously we need to limit turnovers. Duh. This is a Ute team where the repairs to what is wrong is not complicated. This is a good chance to fix those things, on the road, with no conference implications. This game is a possible pivot point for our season. A win over Pitt leading into the easier part of out conference slate will go a long way to getting the UTES back on track. A flop and we may get even deeper into our own heads.
                  Yeah, for the reasons you list this has gone from a game we've all been a little worried about to one we're really worried about.
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                    Yeah, for the reasons you list this has gone from a game we've all been a little worried about to one we're really worried about.
                    I don't think you should worry. I've got a feeling, and I've learned not to ignore those feelings in my life.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      I don't think you should worry. I've got a feeling, and I've learned not to ignore those feelings in my life.
                      Thanks, Brandon.

Comment

This game may end up being a comedy of errors for both teams. Utah has been decent against the run this year (until the D stays on the field all game) and that is where Pitt's strength is. I seem to remember Pitt having some big receivers, so that could be problematic.

If Utah doesn't turn the ball over, or at least limits its turnovers and gets a few itself, I can see the Utes getting back to .500.

BO is right, at the least, we need a split in the Pitt/Cal road swing...it sure would be nice to get this one and get back on track.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                          This game may end up being a comedy of errors for both teams. Utah has been decent against the run this year (until the D stays on the field all game) and that is where Pitt's strength is. I seem to remember Pitt having some big receivers, so that could be problematic.

If Utah doesn't turn the ball over, or at least limits its turnovers and gets a few itself, I can see the Utes getting back to .500.

BO is right, at the least, we need a split in the Pitt/Cal road swing...it sure would be nice to get this one and get back on track.
                          Fixed it for you.
                          "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                            Fixed it for you.
                            Haha...I think I'll be sitting with Pitt fans at the game...my opening line as I take my seats..."you guys are going to love playing us, we're very generous with our turnovers."
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              Pitt had 98 total yards against Rutgers last week. They are terrible but I agree they still win this game.
                              *Banned*

Comment

I know the overall sentiment towards Jon Hays was that he didn’t play that badly. I couldn’t disagree more. Granted, given his first start, it’s about what you’d expect from a rookie but his three INT’s turned what probably was a close game that came down to the final few minutes into a laugher for the Sun Devils. True, Hays has a stronger arm than Wynn, and his arm strength was evident as he threw a 40 yard pick down the sidelines. Don’t need that. A strong arm means squat if your throws aren’t accurate. Utah doesn’t need a QB to win the game for them. They need a game manager, someone who throws the ball away when nothing is there, someone who scrambles and picks up 4 yards when it’s available. Wynn get’s that, Hays does not yet.

Hays needs to let the defense win games, by simply throwing the safe short routes, slants, quick hits to the tight ends and let your playmakers pick up yardage. I’d rather see 3-4 three and out’s vs. 3 turnovers. Hays isn’t talented enough to pull that off.

Comment

Working...
                                X