"Dear Tom Holmoe" - the thread for saying stuff to Tom Holmoe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    I guess he'll have his day in court. Wasn't his firing due to how sexual assault allegations against the football team were handled? BYU should stay away from that, especially as he is suing USU.

    Bad timing for him if he is totally innocent as you say.
    It was about the reporting requirements.

    Leave a comment:


  • myboynoah
    replied
    I guess he'll have his day in court. Wasn't his firing due to how sexual assault allegations against the football team were handled? BYU should stay away from that, especially as he is suing USU.

    Bad timing for him if he is totally innocent as you say.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

    Didn't that guy just get fired by USU? And is suing them back?

    No thanks.
    Yes. Jerry didn't do anything wrong. Their new AD used the Blake Anderson scandal to get rid of him because he was a threat. Many feel that Jerry should have had her job. Jerry is a good guy and very capable.

    Leave a comment:


  • myboynoah
    replied
    Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

    Danny Ainge and Steve Young are both mid-60s, pushing towards 70. I don’t think they would apply nor do I think BYU would invite them to apply because I don’t think they are what BYU would be looking for other than name recognition (although Danny has more athletic administration experience than Steve)

    Chad Lewis and Brian Santiago are both in their mid-50s. My opinion is that Brian would be in the pole position over Chad. Chad has always been more of a fundraiser in the athletic department rather than involved as much in athletic administration.

    If Brian Santiago doesn’t get the job, and my guess is that he will, then BYU will likely not go with any big names from a sports fan perspective. They will go with a candidate that doesn’t have the name recognition but has the administrative skill set. Lot of people are mentioning Liz Darger as a possibility, which could happen.

    So my opinion on the likelihood of candidates from most likely to least likely is:

    1. Brian Santiago
    2. Liz Darger
    3. Someone that doesn’t have big BYU fan name recognition
    4. Any other candidate that comes to fans’ minds that does have BYU name recognition
    So The Pres says they are doing a nationwide search. Is that just talk? Is there anyone out there not currently in the BYU family (a la KY) that could/should be considered/hired?

    Leave a comment:


  • myboynoah
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    I think it will be Darger, Lewis or Santiago. It's possible they would bring in an experienced outsider like Jerry Bovee.
    Didn't that guy just get fired by USU? And is suing them back?

    No thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • BigFatMeanie
    replied
    Originally posted by byufan4ever View Post
    Any possibility of Chad Lewis, Steve Young, or Danny Ainge? Those are all big names, but are they even interested and do they apply? Would BYU fans be interested in having them?
    Danny Ainge and Steve Young are both mid-60s, pushing towards 70. I don’t think they would apply nor do I think BYU would invite them to apply because I don’t think they are what BYU would be looking for other than name recognition (although Danny has more athletic administration experience than Steve)

    Chad Lewis and Brian Santiago are both in their mid-50s. My opinion is that Brian would be in the pole position over Chad. Chad has always been more of a fundraiser in the athletic department rather than involved as much in athletic administration.

    If Brian Santiago doesn’t get the job, and my guess is that he will, then BYU will likely not go with any big names from a sports fan perspective. They will go with a candidate that doesn’t have the name recognition but has the administrative skill set. Lot of people are mentioning Liz Darger as a possibility, which could happen.

    So my opinion on the likelihood of candidates from most likely to least likely is:

    1. Brian Santiago
    2. Liz Darger
    3. Someone that doesn’t have big BYU fan name recognition
    4. Any other candidate that comes to fans’ minds that does have BYU name recognition

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyFunkhouser
    replied
    Dear Tom Holmoe,

    You were a good AD for BYU. For that, I hate you. I am glad you are retiring. I hope that your replacement sucks and you have to see the improvements you made at BYU burned to the ground.

    Best regards,
    Martin Funkhouser

    Leave a comment:


  • originalsocal
    replied
    Liz Darger would be the best, IMO. Second is Lewis. Hard pass on Santiago.

    Leave a comment:


  • Green Monstah
    replied
    Originally posted by byufan4ever View Post

    I need more details. What do you mean by "interviewed with?" Were you interviewing him or he you?
    He interviewed me for a job in the AD. The same week, there was a hullabaloo about full time BYU employees facing stricter scrutiny on faith-based issues, and so I withdrew my name from consideration. It also would have been an 80% pay cut, so there’s that as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bo Diddley
    replied
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post

    Have you considered Ozempic or Mounjaro?

    Leave a comment:


  • Shaka
    replied
    I think it will be Darger, Lewis or Santiago. It's possible they would bring in an experienced outsider like Jerry Bovee.

    Leave a comment:


  • byufan4ever
    replied
    Any possibility of Chad Lewis, Steve Young, or Danny Ainge? Those are all big names, but are they even interested and do they apply? Would BYU fans be interested in having them?

    Leave a comment:


  • byufan4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Three years ago, I interviewed with Tom. I could not believe how much energy he had. We were supposed to talk for 15 minutes and it turned into a hour.

    Guy loves BYU through and through. I pity his successor.
    I need more details. What do you mean by "interviewed with?" Were you interviewing him or he you?

    Leave a comment:


  • Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I wish. I love byu and byu sports. But the tent isn’t big enough for a guy like me.
    Have you considered Ozempic or Mounjaro?

    Leave a comment:


  • Green Monstah
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

    GM for AD!!
    I wish. I love byu and byu sports. But the tent isn’t big enough for a guy like me.

    Leave a comment:

Working...