The Uniform Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    The uniform carousel at BYU has been fun the past few seasons, but I'm ready for some consistency. I'm also ready to permanently retire the navy helmets because they look awful. I was really hoping for a classic royal road combo this week against Texas. Instead we get the navy. I could understand it if we are channeling Taysom's domination the last time we visited Austin, but if that is the case why not a white helmet?

I understand the players and the young people in general like the crazy combos so they aren't going away. But could we have maybe half the games be standard classic home/away royal combos and the other half be for adventures? I don't even know what our "official" uniform is at this point.
    Doesn't your arm get tired, shaking it around in the air like that?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

Doesn't your arm get tired, shaking it around in the air like that?
      Yes. And my fist from clenching. And my voice from yelling at you to get off my lawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        The uniform carousel at BYU has been fun the past few seasons, but I'm ready for some consistency. I'm also ready to permanently retire the navy helmets because they look awful. I was really hoping for a classic royal road combo this week against Texas. Instead we get the navy. I could understand it if we are channeling Taysom's domination the last time we visited Austin, but if that is the case why not a white helmet?

I understand the players and the young people in general like the crazy combos so they aren't going away. But could we have maybe half the games be standard classic home/away royal combos and the other half be for adventures? I don't even know what our "official" uniform is at this point.
        I kinda agree. And I don't think that your comment came off as an angry old man. Being a European football fan, I've had the idea that teams should just stick with three uniform combos per season: home, away, and a special 3rd for when the other colors clash too much with the opponnent or for special games like rivals or neutral site games. I'd be down for that. A different uni every game just feels a little silly to me.
        "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react." - Charles Swindoll

Comment

• Texans new uniforms. Not too shabby! I wish they could get rights to the Oilers uniforms, which were pretty much perfect.

Comment

• Broncos new uniforms are tough. Perfect for a QB career resurrection.

Comment

• Lions black uniforms are fantastic. Love the blue helmet with the black lion.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                Broncos new uniforms are tough. Perfect for a QB career resurrection.

still very ugly

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Broncos new uniforms are tough. Perfect for a QB career resurrection.

What does 5280 mean on the helmets?
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

One mile in elevation. Mile high city.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Denver calls itself the Mile High City because it is exactly 1 mile (5280 ft) above sea level.
                      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Number of starting QBs since Manning retired.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

One mile in elevation. Mile high city.
                          Oh. Duh.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Number of starting QBs since Manning retired.
                            Actually, this sounds more believable.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                            X