The Pac-12 participation thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #451
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    BCS expires in 2014. By that time, MWC and CUSA will have merged. That would leave only 10 Div 1 football conferences.

    Also, I didn't know you were a proponent of at-large bids. I guess you are a fan of teams winning a title without winning their division or conference. Interesting.
    Please provide proof that I've ever said that I am against at-large bids in a tournament.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #452
      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
      Please provide proof that I've ever said that I am against at-large bids in a tournament.
      Why would I do that? I just said that I didn't know you were a fan of them, which means it is possible that you are.

      So which non-conference champ or non-division champ were you hoping won the title last year? Alabama?
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #453
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Why would I do that? I just said that I didn't know you were a fan of them, which means it is possible that you are.
        Fair enough.

        So which non-conference champ or non-division champ were you hoping won the title last year? Alabama?
        In football? There is no playoff in football, so I didn't want to see anyone win the fake national championship.
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #454
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          • LA Ute
            Receiver of Memory
            • Nov 2008
            • 19512

            #455
            Pac-12 football boosting Utah economy, report says:

            A study commissioned by the University of Utah has concluded the school's first football season
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden


            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

            Comment

            • myboynoah
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 21719

              #456
              Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
              Pac-12 football boosting Utah economy, report says:

              http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53...tball.html.csp
              LOL

              That's a UofUtah report.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

              For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

              Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

              Comment

              • LA Ute
                Receiver of Memory
                • Nov 2008
                • 19512

                #457
                Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                LOL

                That's a UofUtah report.
                Do you question the data?
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden


                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                Comment

                • LA Ute
                  Receiver of Memory
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19512

                  #458
                  Wilner thinks Stanford might hire Mark Madsen.

                  RE http://bit.ly/w65jDc
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden


                  "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                  "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                  Comment

                  • Scorcho
                    Junior Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 835

                    #459
                    Sun Devil Stadium is decreasing seating capacity and getting a roof.

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #460
                      Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
                      Sun Devil Stadium is decreasing seating capacity and getting a roof.

                      http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/04/0...52&feedID=3609
                      Both seem like good ideas. Games in September and October there can be awful and no matter the opponent there are always empty seats.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • UtahDan
                        *
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14496

                        #461
                        Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
                        Sun Devil Stadium is decreasing seating capacity and getting a roof.

                        http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/04/0...52&feedID=3609
                        Were any donation funds used, or do the roof improvements come from the sale of merchandise and such?

                        Comment

                        • Blueintheface
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 15382

                          #462
                          Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
                          Sun Devil Stadium is decreasing seating capacity and getting a roof.

                          http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/04/0...52&feedID=3609
                          Poor Devils. Just 2 championships in 34 years will take it's toll.

                          When Utah wins its 3rd before they do, will they downsize even more?
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #463
                            Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
                            Sun Devil Stadium is decreasing seating capacity and getting a roof.

                            http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/04/0...52&feedID=3609
                            The roof is a good idea. Since nothing can be done to improve the ugliest view of any PAC 12 football stadium, slapping a roof on top to block the view is the best solution.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                              Time to camp
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26082

                              #464
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              The roof is a good idea. Since nothing can be done to improve the ugliest view of any PAC 12 football stadium, slapping a roof on top to block the view is the best solution.
                              I love seeing Camelback from ASU.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

                              Comment

                              • Scorcho
                                Junior Member
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 835

                                #465
                                Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                                Were any donation funds used, or do the roof improvements come from the sale of merchandise and such?
                                some of the funding comes from a Stadium Business District Fund. I suppose that's some sort of tax in Tempe for restaurants and bars close to the Stadium.

                                Comment

                                Working...