The Official BYU vs Utah rivalry thread........

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PaloAltoCougar
    Semper infra dignitatem
    • Nov 2008
    • 16940

    #901
    Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
    There is part of me that thinks we gave up on some level after TCU, but I'm not sure whether that is an encouraging or discouraging thought. I don't think our trajectory was good this year, but it is hard to feel too bad about a top 25 ranking, 10 win season and rivalry win. A bowl win would be nice too, particularly since I am worried that Kyle lost this team somewhere along the way. It would be nice to see that is not the case.
    Assuming KW does his usual great job of bowl prep, along with the fact the Utes probably won't have a formidable foe, I think Utah will get a very solid win and restore a lot of the early season momentum, and they'll feel a whole lot better heading to the new conference.

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #902
      One other compliment for the Cougars, they completely shut down Shaky and the return game tonight. Seemed to have a nice game plan.
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • THE UTES ROCK
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2010
        • 1

        #903
        Afterburners

        Afterburners
        Attached Files

        Comment

        • UtahDan
          *
          • Nov 2008
          • 14496

          #904
          Originally posted by THE UTES ROCK View Post
          Afterburners
          This seems to confirm the idea that the ball might not have been headed in the right place anyway.

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #905
            Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
            This seems to confirm the idea that the ball might not have been headed in the right place anyway.
            You can tell where the ball is heading from that picture? Also where is this theory being brought up?
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • UtahDan
              *
              • Nov 2008
              • 14496

              #906
              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              You can tell where the ball is heading from that picture? Also where is this theory being brought up?
              I think CJ said it. Doesn't the angle and trajectory look funny? You're right, I really have no frame of reference. Just looks funny to me.

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #907
                This is sweet CUF has finally arrived we get Ute fans to post and run!!!!!!!!!!

                Congrats JL.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69746

                  #908
                  Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  This is sweet CUF has finally arrived we get Ute fans to post and run!!!!!!!!!!

                  Congrats JL.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #909
                    Just saw highlights on sportscenter they showed the Bradley play and said:
                    "Bradley fumbles, but replay shows his knee was clearly down however the fumble stands. "don't you just love replay technology" (in a very sarcastic tone).
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • venkman
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2199

                      #910
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Just saw highlights on sportscenter they showed the Bradley play and said:
                      "Bradley fumbles, but replay shows his knee was clearly down however the fumble stands. "don't you just love replay technology" (in a very sarcastic tone).
                      Saw that too. Hard to argue the replay guys didn't eff this one up.
                      "Remember to double tap"

                      Comment

                      • DrumNFeather
                        Invisible Swordsman
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 8854

                        #911
                        Originally posted by venkman View Post
                        Saw that too. Hard to argue the replay guys didn't eff this one up.
                        Perhaps we have our own Chad Bunn.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                        Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69746

                          #912
                          Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                          Perhaps we have our own Chad Bunn.
                          I called it during the review:



                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Will the ghost of Chad Bunn come back to haunt us?
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • DrumNFeather
                            Invisible Swordsman
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 8854

                            #913
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            lol nice...

                            The only thing I could see during the replay that I've heard some officials say before is that while the ball wasn't "out" before his knee was down it was "moving" before his knee was down. Which, when I was talking to UD I admitted was a grasping stance.
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                            Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                            Comment

                            • LA Ute
                              Receiver of Memory
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19512

                              #914
                              I kind of thought Brandon Burton made a great play at the end of the game and ought to get some credit for that. You make the short field goal and the call on the fumble doesn't matter.
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden


                              "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                              "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                              Comment

                              • Coach McGuirk
                                1
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12109

                                #915
                                drewjay Jay Drew
                                During Bronco's interview, fans were yelling things like F-BYU, religious slurs, homophobic slurs, etc. Ugly scene, embarrasing for U.

                                drewjay Jay Drew
                                Bronco was far enough under the overhang that he didn't get hit with the ice, snow, etc. Just the people trying to interview him got soaked.


                                drewjay Jay Drew
                                Utah A.D. Chris Hill watched at least part of the crowd-taunting-Bronco deal, and a woman with him (wife?) said, "they shouldn't do that."



                                Good Job, Utes.
                                Last edited by Coach McGuirk; 11-28-2010, 12:37 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...