Cam Newton punishment

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #136
    Cam Newton reminds me of Magic Johnson. He re-difines the most important position in his sport; his size, his manifold skill set. A man cut out to be a champion. But while he will represent the holy grail for quarterbacks, really no one ever will be able to do as much as he does so well. Then there is big unflagging smile, the charm, the huge charisma. I think the NCAA may fee it needs to preserve a clean legacy and image for him, for the good of the game. He's irresistable.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #137
      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      Cam Newton reminds me of Magic Johnson. He re-difines the most important position in his sport; his size, his manifold skill set. A man cut out to be a champion. But while he will represent the holy grail for quarterbacks, really no one ever will be able to do as much as he does so well. Then there is big unflagging smile, the charm, the huge charisma. I think the NCAA may fee it needs to preserve a clean legacy and image for him, for the good of the game. He's irresistable.
      He definitely has charisma to spare. He also says the right things.

      I still feel that sooner or later, he is going to get nailed. The vote speaks volumes about the Heisman trust, which isn't surprising since it is likely that a majority of them were on the take.

      I was really surprised how poorly Moore fared. I guess that shows the respect the voters really have for Boise. it is too bad because I think he deserved to finish higher than last place.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #138
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        He definitely has charisma to spare. He also says the right things.
        Like during his ESPN interview when he said:

        I am a person who has did nothin' wrong.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • old_gregg
          scaly man fish
          • Nov 2009
          • 16915

          #139
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Like during his ESPN interview when he said:

          I am a person who has did nothin' wrong.
          LOL. or that comment during the acceptance speech when he was talking about how much his dad did behind the scenes. NO SHIT, CAM.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #140
            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            Cam Newton reminds me of Magic Johnson. He re-difines the most important position in his sport; his size, his manifold skill set. A man cut out to be a champion. But while he will represent the holy grail for quarterbacks, really no one ever will be able to do as much as he does so well. Then there is big unflagging smile, the charm, the huge charisma. I think the NCAA may fee it needs to preserve a clean legacy and image for him, for the good of the game. He's irresistable.
            I feel such a bond of brotherhood with SU right now, I am on the verge of tears. I told my brother and two friends late last week that if Cam Newton turned out to be a good NFL player he was destined to be the next Magic Johnson, hopefully without the HIV.

            SU the next time I am in Seattle martinis on me!
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
              Time to camp
              • Nov 2008
              • 26082

              #141
              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Like during his ESPN interview when he said:

              I am a person who has did nothin' wrong.
              We were in the car last night when the Heisman was given away, listening Newton had a line that was literal LOL. He said "My parents do a lot of things behind the scenes that nobody knows about."

              Either he is a comedic genius in addition to his football skills, or just shattered the unintentional comedy meter.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

              Comment

              • Eddie
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 8098

                #142
                Watching this game last night I discovered the REAL reason that Cam's dad wasn't in attendance. It took me some time, but I figured it out.

                My first clue. As they showed closeups of the players I just shook my head at how UnderArmour had at least 4 (maybe 6) different insignias on the Auburn helmets. To the point that it was distracting. One on above the facemask, one on the facemask right below the eyes, another on the side of the facemask where it attaches to the helmet. All I could think was "I'm so glad Nike doesn't do that". As the game went on, I noticed that it was really only Cam's helmet that had these (I could be mistaken, I just remember seeing a bunch of other players who didn't - and then they flashed to Cam again and he did.)

                Then, as the game is ending Cam runs around behind the bench looking for a gatorade towel to drape over the top of his shoulder pads before going out to shake hands and ultimately be interviewed post-game. I've never seen that before. I haven't watched too many Auburn games - has he gone looking for a towel to drape over his shoulder pads after any other games this year?

                I figure Daddy was off working out a deal with UnderArmour and Gatorade to make sure Cam got paid for all of his work during the game last night.

                Comment

                • Donuthole
                  Official Outgayer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 25266

                  #143
                  Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  Watching this game last night I discovered the REAL reason that Cam's dad wasn't in attendance. It took me some time, but I figured it out.

                  My first clue. As they showed closeups of the players I just shook my head at how UnderArmour had at least 4 (maybe 6) different insignias on the Auburn helmets. To the point that it was distracting. One on above the facemask, one on the facemask right below the eyes, another on the side of the facemask where it attaches to the helmet. All I could think was "I'm so glad Nike doesn't do that". As the game went on, I noticed that it was really only Cam's helmet that had these (I could be mistaken, I just remember seeing a bunch of other players who didn't - and then they flashed to Cam again and he did.)

                  Then, as the game is ending Cam runs around behind the bench looking for a gatorade towel to drape over the top of his shoulder pads before going out to shake hands and ultimately be interviewed post-game. I've never seen that before. I haven't watched too many Auburn games - has he gone looking for a towel to drape over his shoulder pads after any other games this year?

                  I figure Daddy was off working out a deal with UnderArmour and Gatorade to make sure Cam got paid for all of his work during the game last night.
                  Are you really complimenting Nike on their discretion re: logo saturation? Really? You may want to rethink that.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                  There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #144
                    Hopefully Auburn enjoyed its one night of partying because now the scrutiny really starts to heat up.



                    The FBI has interviewed the person who reported Cecil Newton Sr.’s pay-for-play scheme to Mississippi State. The Mississippi secretary of state’s office has also interviewed people involved in it.

                    Those are just all the more reasons to wonder about the legitimacy of Auburn’s national championship.

                    Not that Cecil Newton Sr. apparently cares. For someone who the NCAA found tried to sell his son, he’s never admitted any wrongdoing, at least publicly.

                    If anything, his appearance at Monday night’s BCS Championship Game spoke plenty about him. It was an act of blatant defiance.

                    One that once again raises questions about Auburn’s commitment to adhering to NCAA rules. Before the game, Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs told reporters that Cecil Newton Sr. would not be in attendance by mutual agreement.

                    But by being here, Cecil Newton Sr. was once again right in the middle of everything, as he’s seemingly been all season. It’s a stigma that Auburn’s tried to rid itself of, but one that was reinforced forever Monday night.

                    Following X-rays on his back after the game, an aching Cameron Newton climbed on the back of a golf cart with an Auburn official. Asked what it was like to embrace his father after the game, the official told him not to answer the question.
                    ...
                    Newton’s silence Monday night was just as telling as his father’s. It’s yet another reason why much of college football is asking whether Auburn will keep its national championship.

                    “Yeah,” defensive tackle Zach Clayton said. “I think so.”


                    But only time will truly tell.
                    I think it is interesting that Auburn players themselves aren't sure whether they will be allowed to keep their championship. This seems to indicate that there is a lack of confidence/trust in the Newtons and their dealings, even amongst his own teammates.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Paperback Writer
                      Signature won a Pulitzer
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 5211

                      #145
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Hopefully Auburn enjoyed its one night of partying because now the scrutiny really starts to heat up.





                      I think it is interesting that Auburn players themselves aren't sure whether they will be allowed to keep their championship. This seems to indicate that there is a lack of confidence/trust in the Newtons and their dealings, even amongst his own teammates.
                      The lack of confidence is more than just with Cam Newton as he was not the only player that Auburn bought. And I'm not saying that other programs are pristine, just that they are not recorded on wiretaps by the FBI while they break NCAA rules. Like Reggie Bush, Cam Newton will be punished by signing a lucrative NFL contract (wonder if he will keep his Heisman). I predict Auburn will be punished more severly than USC.
                      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #146
                        So old Cecil wasn't supposed to be at the BCS Title game. But here he is hugging Cam. Wah-oh:



                        Rivals is the best resource for recruiting and high school sports. Find all of your favorite team's information or browse our advanced player database.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #147
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          So old Cecil wasn't supposed to be at the BCS Title game. But here he is hugging Cam. Wah-oh:



                          http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...experts-306263
                          Yeah, I wonder where he got his ticket and how he paid for it, as well as travel and lodging. Werent those tickets going for several Gs? Auburn already stated that they did not give him tickets.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • pellegrino
                            miserere me
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 12100

                            #148
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Yeah, I wonder where he got his ticket and how he paid for it, as well as travel and lodging. Werent those tickets going for several Gs? Auburn already stated that they did not give him tickets.
                            maybe the booster that bought sponsored Cam had a soft spot for Cecil.
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

                            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                            pelagius

                            Comment

                            • Flystripper
                              Degenerate Gambler
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14089

                              #149
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Yeah, I wonder where he got his ticket and how he paid for it, as well as travel and lodging. Werent those tickets going for several Gs? Auburn already stated that they did not give him tickets.
                              you can buy lots of ticked with + 200k
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

                              Comment

                              • LA Ute
                                Receiver of Memory
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 19512

                                #150
                                Someone said on one of the sports talk stations this morning that one reason he hoped Oregon would win was to allow the winner of the game actually to keep the title and the trophy, and not have to give them back in 2-3 years.
                                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                                ― W.H. Auden


                                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                                Comment

                                Working...