Official Utah inagural PAC-12 schedule thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hot Lunch
    Out of Office
    • Nov 2008
    • 7842

    #61
    Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Um, maybe we can borrow Andrew Rich and have him go headhunting, Andrew Rich-style.
    I am cool with that. I think Andrew is one of the best defensive players in the league. The dude is a stud.
    "Take it to the Bank"

    Comment

    • NorthwestUteFan
      אלוף
      • Oct 2010
      • 3384

      #62
      Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
      Hey, I get to drive to the Coliseum to watch the Utes play next fall.
      I have to wait until next year to see them in Qwest Field. That will be perfect! Then back to the new and improved Husky Stadium in 2014. Good times...

      Comment

      • Jarid in Cedar
        CS Institutional Memory
        • Jun 2009
        • 13234

        #63
        Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
        That was JIC's analysis, not DDD's. You'll have to take it up with Jarid.
        What HL said. the previous block problem gives me some pause. If you are evaluating the return game of each team, they are even.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

        -Rick Majerus

        Comment

        • Hot Lunch
          Out of Office
          • Nov 2008
          • 7842

          #64
          Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
          Come on now, junkie, I said that Chris Hill said in early September that at that time, it looked like USC might play at RES for the first home PAC12 game, but that remained to be settled and no one could bank on it. Check out the posts. You can get me on lots of stuff but not on that. You miserable vomitous mass.
          I am coming out for this game.
          "Take it to the Bank"

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #65
            Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
            I am coming out for this game.
            That is a brave thing to do. USC welcomes those of all sexual orientations, btw, so don't be afraid. You don't have to hide away.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #66
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Passing: advantage TCU
              Special teams: advantage TCU
              Defense: advantage TCU
              running: advantage Utah

              Prediction: Utah wins!
              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar
              I can’t wait to see this one in person. I see the Utes pulling off a minor upset.

              Utah 20 TCU 16
              ...
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • Hot Lunch
                Out of Office
                • Nov 2008
                • 7842

                #67
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                That is a brave thing to do. USC welcomes those of all sexual orientations, btw, so don't be afraid. You don't have to hide away.
                LOL. I should have worded that a little different.
                "Take it to the Bank"

                Comment

                • NorthwestUteFan
                  אלוף
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 3384

                  #68
                  Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                  I am cool with that. I think Andrew is one of the best defensive players in the league. The dude is a stud.
                  He works extremely hard, and is a stud on the field, that is completely true.

                  However if he keeps leading with his head he is going to either hurt somebody else or hurt himself. Badly.

                  One of my most horrifying and memorable plays was a big-time cheap shot. I can't remember who it was, but he played deep snapper for the U and it happened back in the late 90's (and he was over 320# IIRC).

                  He snapped the ball, and immediately sprinted at the 175# kick returner (flag, he left before the ball was kicked of course, but they didn't whistle immediately). He arrived, at full speed, at the returner about 0.375 seconds after the guy caught the ball. He hit the return man extremely hard and ran right through him like a freight train. Dude obviously didn't return the ball, or to the game. To his credit he held the ball. McBride was FURIOUS at his snapper.

                  (I don't ever really want to see this happen and i think fans who call for it are poor sports, so my post saying we need Rich to go headhunting was purely satirical)

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #69
                    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    LOL. I should have worded that a little different.
                    I will be there, too, but in a heterosexual capacity: Song Girl supporter.

                    You are welcome to pop by the tailgate for some tacos, steak, chicken, and tequila shots.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Hot Lunch
                      Out of Office
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7842

                      #70
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      I will be there, too, but in a heterosexual capacity: Song Girl supporter.

                      You are welcome to pop by the tailgate for some tacos, steak, chicken, and tequila shots.
                      I will see you there. I am always up for some Southern California tacos.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

                      Comment

                      • NorthwestUteFan
                        אלוף
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 3384

                        #71
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        I will be there, too, but in a heterosexual capacity: Song Girl supporter.
                        Do they think of you as the weird uncle Mother warned them about?

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #72
                          Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                          I will see you there. I am always up for some Southern California tacos.
                          From the look of your recent posts I thought you were more of a bratwurst and dog guy as opposed to the tacos.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • TheBYUGuy
                            Friend of Rodin
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 1442

                            #73
                            Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                            I wasn't "taking it up" with anyone. I was commenting.
                            Curious as to why you think TCU has the advantage in special teams.
                            OK, so you mentioned you were curious, but you didn't really want DDD or anyone to respond. That's fine.

                            Comment

                            • Hot Lunch
                              Out of Office
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7842

                              #74
                              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              From the look of your recent posts I thought you were more of a bratwurst and dog guy as opposed to the tacos.
                              I prefer the pink taco.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

                              Comment

                              • LA Ute
                                Receiver of Memory
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 19512

                                #75
                                Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                                I am coming out for this game.
                                We'll have a CUF party at my house. I am serious. Junkie can come if he promises to behave and to be nice to the dogs.
                                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                                ― W.H. Auden


                                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                                Comment

                                Working...