Week 8 open thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hot Lunch
    Out of Office
    • Nov 2008
    • 7842

    #76
    Cam Newton for Heisman. The dude is a beast.
    "Take it to the Bank"

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #77
      Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      Cam Newton for Heisman. The dude is a beast.
      He is the front runner at this point.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • Babs
        Not a Lawyer
        • Nov 2008
        • 17128

        #78
        Gotta love Big 12 defense.

        Comment

        • Maximus
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 6024

          #79
          Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          He is the front runner at this point.
          to who?

          Comment

          • Jarid in Cedar
            CS Institutional Memory
            • Jun 2009
            • 13234

            #80
            Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            to who?
            LaMichael James
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

            -Rick Majerus

            Comment

            • USUC
              Chronic Poseur
              • Apr 2010
              • 8795

              #81
              Originally posted by Maximus View Post
              Iowa coach is an idiot. Horrible clock management.
              Stanzie has to take some of the blame for that last lob or pass or whatever you want to call it. He didn't give the receiver any chance of getting out of bounds. That sack by Wisconsin was huge and killed the momentum they were building. Iowa has been really good at coming back. Without that sack, I would have liked Iowa's chances of winning that game.

              Comment

              • Maximus
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 6024

                #82
                Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                Stanzie has to take some of the blame for that last lob or pass or whatever you want to call it. He didn't give the receiver any chance of getting out of bounds. That sack by Wisconsin was huge and killed the momentum they were building. Iowa has been really good at coming back. Without that sack, I would have liked Iowa's chances of winning that game.
                The problem was using the timeout instead of spiking it.

                Comment

                • USUC
                  Chronic Poseur
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 8795

                  #83
                  Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                  The problem was using the timeout instead of spiking it.
                  I agree. That ending was very Les Miles - esque. Wisconsin has been somewhat of a surprise to me. Looking at their schedule it is possible that they could win out from here on. The only loss comes from Michigan State. It'll be interesting to see how the Big-10 plays out. I could see it being a three way tie for first at seasons end.

                  Comment

                  • smokymountainrain
                    Impressive Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22593

                    #84
                    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    Cam Newton for Heisman. The dude is a beast.
                    Imagine if he hadn't transfered from Florida - for UF to follow up Tebow with a guy who is even better both running and passing would have been crazy. And as good as he is at Auburn, he'd be that much better surrounded by the athletes Florida brings in.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

                    Comment

                    • FN Phat
                      I ♥ gateway sex
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 8691

                      #85
                      Mizzou is making things interesting, keeping the Sooners at bay and looking score.
                      I'm your huckleberry.


                      "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                      Comment

                      • Jarid in Cedar
                        CS Institutional Memory
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 13234

                        #86
                        Missouri taking over.
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                        -Rick Majerus

                        Comment

                        • Babs
                          Not a Lawyer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 17128

                          #87
                          Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                          Missouri taking over.

                          Comment

                          • OrangeUte
                            Max Hall hates me.
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2294

                            #88
                            Tcu starting to open up the game against the Zoomies. Maybe AFA can make a comeback, but tcu's defense has been handling the game pretty well from what I have seen.

                            Comment

                            • OrangeUte
                              Max Hall hates me.
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 2294

                              #89
                              Originally posted by Babs View Post
                              I'm about to tune into the sooner mizzou game and see if he's right and mizzou is taking over.

                              Comment

                              • Babs
                                Not a Lawyer
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 17128

                                #90
                                Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                                I'm about to tune into the sooner mizzou game and see if he's right and mizzou is taking over.
                                Missouri may well take over, but they certainly didn't/hadn't at the point he posted.

                                Comment

                                Working...