Week 8 open thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #106
    Originally posted by Babs View Post
    Don't you ever wonder what it would be like to be a fan of a team that does stuff like that?

    I'm predicting rematch for the conference title.
    Hopefully they replace the goalposts before then, otherwise it will be all touchdowns and safeties.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Babs
      Not a Lawyer
      • Nov 2008
      • 17128

      #107
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Hopefully they replace the goalposts before then, otherwise it will be all touchdowns and safeties.
      Fortunately they're away next week, so they've got some time to order replacements.

      Comment

      • Jarid in Cedar
        CS Institutional Memory
        • Jun 2009
        • 13234

        #108
        Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
        Could/should Mizzou jump Boise and TCU and be number 2? I say yes after watching this game. Mizzou is a really good team on both sides of the ball.
        Oregon will be one and Auburn will be two.

        My ADR6300 is desperately seeking the elusive wapiti.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

        -Rick Majerus

        Comment

        • BoylenOver
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 9146

          #109
          Originally posted by Babs View Post
          Don't you ever wonder what it would be like to be a fan of a team that does stuff like that?

          I'm predicting rematch for the conference title.
          I predicted the same thing before the start of the season:



          Feel free to ignore the Florida and Miami predictions while you're there.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

          Comment

          • LA Ute
            Receiver of Memory
            • Nov 2008
            • 19512

            #110
            Originally posted by Babs View Post
            Don't you ever wonder what it would be like to be a fan of a team that does stuff like that?

            I'm predicting rematch for the conference title.
            Sorry, Babs. I hope OU does get that rematch.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden


            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #111
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Where are those students taking the goalposts? Seems like a fun idea at the time until you get to the parking lot and realize you don't know what to do with these large metal poles.
              They are going to saw it up in nice one foot lengths and sell them on eBay. Or, at least, that is what I would do.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Babs
                Not a Lawyer
                • Nov 2008
                • 17128

                #112
                Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                They are going to saw it up in nice one foot lengths and sell them on eBay. Or, at least, that is what I would do.
                wouldn't you make twice as much at 6" lengths?

                What's truly remarkable, that I have yet to hear any of the commentators commentate, is that three Big 12 South teams went down to North teams today. And the South teams that managed to win? A&M, Tech, and Baylor. Like that one guy said, the times, they are a'changin'.

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #113
                  Auburn makes the big move tomorrow?
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • Babs
                    Not a Lawyer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 17128

                    #114
                    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    Auburn makes the big move tomorrow?
                    http://www.bcsknowhow.com/projected-...-bcs-standings
                    I should think. The human voters will be thrilled to have a justification - any justification - for voting SEC top three again, and the computer will have a heyday with SoS.

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #115
                      Originally posted by Babs View Post
                      I should think. The human voters will be thrilled to have a justification - any justification - for voting SEC top three again, and the computer will have a heyday with SoS.
                      Maybe Jeremiah Masoli will still have a little Duck in him next week.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • Babs
                        Not a Lawyer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 17128

                        #116
                        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        Maybe Jeremiah Masoli will still have a little Duck in him next week.
                        Fight on, SC! (Sorry, HFN, but I can't help it. I feel sorry for the Trojans.)

                        Comment

                        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                          Time to camp
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26082

                          #117
                          Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          Fight on, SC! (Sorry, HFN, but I can't help it. I feel sorry for the Trojans.)
                          regon:
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment

                          • Uncle Ted
                            The Big 12 money shot.
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 28853

                            #118
                            Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            wouldn't you make twice as much at 6" lengths?
                            It looks like they went with even smaller pieces than 6" lengths...

                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Babs
                              Not a Lawyer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 17128

                              #119
                              Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                              jeez. Have some pride, people.

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #120
                                Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                                What the heck? Who happens to have multiple hack saws on hand in the parking lot of a football game?

                                The utes and Boise fans can scratch mizzou off their hit list. No team this desperate will be going undefeated.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...