Chambers Done?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10450

    #46
    I heard that in addition to being in trouble with Bronco he had some pending HC issues that had the potential to hang him up. Take this with a grain of salt.

    Comment

    • Maximus
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 6027

      #47
      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      So? There are all sorts of teams that play lousy schedules that didn't have anywhere near the same offensive output as BYU over that span of time.
      With 5 NFL offensive players?

      Comment

      • myboynoah
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 21719

        #48
        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        You should ask Jeff Lebowski, nikuman, happyone, Tim or myboynoah about Japanese sayings. They all have significant experience in Japan and would probably be able to answer your Japanese idiom questions better than Sizzle.
        出る杭は打たれる
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

        Comment

        • Bastage
          Junior Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 298

          #49
          Here's OC's side of the story:

          http://universe.byu.edu/node/11559

          This week’s incident, Chambers said, stemmed from a prank. He said he jokingly packed up items from Jake Heaps locker and delivered them to coaches and told them Heaps “wasn’t putting the team first because he [Jake] wasn’t thinking of the team first.”
          He should be suspended because of his terrible idea for a prank.

          Comment

          • New Mexican Disaster
            Suomalainen
            • Nov 2008
            • 4549

            #50
            Originally posted by Bastage View Post
            Here's OC's side of the story:

            http://universe.byu.edu/node/11559



            He should be suspended because of his terrible idea for a prank.
            Geez I hope there is more to it than that.

            Edit: I would be glad for OC that there was not more problems and sorry that BYU could come off looking (justifiably) thin skinned. But I am going to guess that there will be another side to the story.

            Comment

            • byu71
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22070

              #51
              Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
              Geez I hope there is more to it than that.

              Edit: I would be glad for OC that there was not more problems and sorry that BYU could come off looking (justifiably) thin skinned. But I am going to guess that there will be another side to the story.
              I hope it ends up being a kid with a huge ego and a coach who was tired of babysitting him. No villains here is my wish.

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #52
                Originally posted by Bastage View Post
                Here's OC's side of the story:

                http://universe.byu.edu/node/11559



                He should be suspended because of his terrible idea for a prank.
                So OC confirms the locker incident. I think quite clearly it wasn't a prank, he just didn't know how else to CHA.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #53
                  * I've been told that it was offensive coordinator Robert Anae's call to boot O'Neill Chambers off the team, and that Mendenhall merely supported the decision.
                  While the "prank" that Chambers pulled on freshman QB Jake Heaps was part of the reason Chambers is gone, and perhaps the final straw, it was "his overall negative attitude around other players" that played a big role in his ouster.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • Blueintheface
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 15382

                    #54
                    I will quickly start a "ReHire Anae" thread now.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #55


                      Chambers said he and Heaps are friendly toward each other and the locker incident was merely a joke. “Me and him are cool,” Chambers said of Heaps. “We don’t have any issues. They [the coaches] made it seem like I was hurting him.”

                      Chambers also said coaches blamed him for being the root of the problem even though Chambers believes the problem lies elsewhere.

                      “It’s bigger than me,” he said. “I don’t wish anything bad towards the team. I wish they would figure out the real problem.” Chambers said he believes the real problem behind the team’s recent woes, and especially Heaps’ struggles, are coaching deficiencies.

                      “The coaches were making it harder for him, and were hindering Jake’s progress,” he said.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • MarkGrace
                        Grooveshark dick tease
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 31546

                        #56
                        I don't get what part of this he views as a joke.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #57
                          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          I don't get what part of this he views as a joke.
                          He's a nutcase. I just thought it interesting that he blames the coaches for Heaps' development. Or lack thereof.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69753

                            #58
                            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            He's a nutcase. I just thought it interesting that he blames the coaches for Heaps' development. Or lack thereof.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • TheBYUGuy
                              Friend of Rodin
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 1442

                              #59
                              Since Chambers was suspended the first time and I read his comments about it, I've been thinking that he is Chad Ochocinco Lite. He has all the attitude, some of the creative genius, but nowhere near the ability to produce.

                              Comment

                              • statman
                                Rabblerouser
                                • Aug 2009
                                • 2799

                                #60
                                OC is a vampire. Set to drain.

                                In spite of his rage he's still just a rat in a cage...

                                Comment

                                Working...