Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego State Radio guys going off on BYU

http://www.xtrasports1360.com/cc-com...KLSD-AM&TRACK=

You have to fast forward to about the 16 minute mark... but talk about a joke. Comments include:

Wherever you go in Provo, Utah you see BYU and next to it honor. And I just can't tell you how hypocritical that entire university is.
    BYU is the dirtiest, slimiest, most ill-behaved football team they play every year. The comments they make, the racial comments they make would get you arrested or at the very least beat up in most parts of the country. BYU is nothing but a front for utter hypocrisy.
    Now calling for Holmoe and Mendenhall to be suspended for Chad Bunn being allowed to be in the booth. Then going off on how the clock was run and how BYU has no honor because that happens. Granted, the official on the field caught it.

Now going off on women's basketball being cheap in women's basketball and being the most dirty women's basketball team ever.

Now claiming that the "N" word was uttered multiple times in the stadium.

Now calling all Aztec fans to show up when BYU plays in Cox this winter and show BYU "no respect" because that is what they deserve.

His cohort is telling him he is not out of line. Telling him is being very reasonable.

Seriously, this is great and worth the listen. What a bunch of no-name hacks.

Bringing Dick Harmon on now. Should be interesting...
    Last edited by Sizzle; 10-15-2010, 11:35 AM.

Welcome to sports-talk radio in Vegas. Whenever BYU and UNLV play in football or basketball, this is exactly the theme of the local sports-talk radio shows usually for a few days leading up to the game and then for a few days after. When UNLV loses, the vitriol is amplified, of course.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

What a bunch of hacks. LOL. That is awesome.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

This guy is unreal.

This is what happens when you get your ass kicked by one team year in and year out. SDSUs best team in 20 years and BYUs worst and we still win. That has to sting.

Hans Olsen has the coach of the Utah Blaze on with him this week and I think the Blaze Coach summed it up best:

Yes they botched the call and who knows what would have happened if SDSU gets the ball right there. However that does not change the fact that after the botched call BYU scored 5 plays later. Not only that but it does not change the fact that BYU kicked their ass upfront all game long. Face it you got dominated on both sides of the ball take your medicine and move on.

Brady HOke keeps bringing it up too which is funny its been a full week should he not be focused on Air force right now?
        *Banned*

Comment

Sometimes I wish I could sit on a program with these guys while they are going off.

I would have asked. If the call hadn't happened, would SDSU have won?

I would ask. Why are you so worked up. Beating BYU this year isn't that big a deal. If SDSU were more than a mediocre team, one call wouldn't have mattered.

Then in parting I would have said. Hey guys, if SDSU comes up one short of making a bowl game, I will talk to the admin. about letting you go instead of us. They will consider it. They prize the sportsmanship trophy above anything else.

Comment

I haven't been to a lot of BYU games in Provo, but has anyone hear in the last decade heard fans or players dropping the N word?

It seems like the default way to crap on BYU. I'd be pretty shocked if this were true on a broad scale (yes, there are always idiots in the stands).
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by RedSox View Post
              I haven't been to a lot of BYU games in Provo, but has anyone hear in the last decade heard fans or players dropping the N word?

It seems like the default way to crap on BYU. I'd be pretty shocked if this were true on a broad scale (yes, there are always idiots in the stands).
              I have NEVER heard that word at any game, let alone a BYU game. It's obviously made up, and we've heard that ridiculous allegation from other teams as well-- namely UNLV. It's just not a Mormon thing to say. We may say faggot but never the N word.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                I have NEVER heard that word at any game, let alone a BYU game. It's obviously made up, and we've heard that ridiculous allegation from other teams as well-- namely UNLV. It's just not a Mormon thing to say. We may say faggot but never the N word.
                The only place I've ever heard that word is Xbox Live.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  We may say faggot
                  I heard that one on Saturday, and the guy who said it got an earful from the fans around him. So it's not like it's kosher if it is being said either...

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                    I heard that one on Saturday, and the guy who said it got an earful from the fans around him. So it's not like it's kosher if it is being said either...
                    I'm happy to hear that.
                    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

This guy's argument is iron clad. I, for one, believe him.
                      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        This guy is unreal.

This is what happens when you get your ass kicked by one team year in and year out. SDSUs best team in 20 years and BYUs worst and we still win. That has to sting.

Hans Olsen has the coach of the Utah Blaze on with him this week and I think the Blaze Coach summed it up best:

Yes they botched the call and who knows what would have happened if SDSU gets the ball right there. However that does not change the fact that after the botched call BYU scored 5 plays later. Not only that but it does not change the fact that BYU kicked their ass upfront all game long. Face it you got dominated on both sides of the ball take your medicine and move on.

Brady HOke keeps bringing it up too which is funny its been a full week should he not be focused on Air force right now?
                        I agree completely with that assessment of the call. It was a terrible call and any attempts to justify that it was the right call are ridiculous, but the call didn't determine the game. SDSU had the ball with a chance to drive to win the game and they couldn't even get a 1st down. Hell, they couldn't even get 1 yard.

The way that SDSU is focusing on this is going to destroy their season. I wouldn't be surprised if they fall apart from this point forward. Move the hell on and focus on beating Air Force.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Air Force is going to wax their ass.

BTW, I thought it was funny that Harmon in the interview said that Bunn supplies lots of people with tape including Steve Fisher.

I cannot wait for basketball to start. I hope Jimmer goes in there again and drops 50 on them. The call by these two hacks to have all the fans and students show up at the basketball game to disrespect BYU is awfully ironic. What call did they get screwed for the awesome display of class they gave BYU last year?
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                            I agree completely with that assessment of the call. It was a terrible call and any attempts to justify that it was the right call are ridiculous, but the call didn't determine the game. SDSU had the ball with a chance to drive to win the game and they couldn't even get a 1st down. Hell, they couldn't even get 1 yard.
                            What they're missing is that there were also two missed facemask penalties on the play which would have nullified the fumble anyway, had they been called. They were clear on the replay. So, had the play been overturned (which it should have under the rule) it would have resulted in BYU being screwed by SDSU getting the ball when they should have been penalized instead.

Yeah, it was a horrible call by the replay official, but it ended up offsetting another missed call which should have negated the fumble anyway.
                            If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by RedSox View Post

I think it happens about as frequently as BYU fans get beer poured on them at RES.

BYU can bring out such vitriol. I know it is petty of me, but this is one thing I love about being a BYU fan. From the religion to the conservative institution that does not value academic freedom, it must kill some folks for BYU to routinely pound them. They view the LDS culture, and BYU, as such ancient artifacts from a bygone world and to have to endure these milk-drinking, soft do-gooders to pound their teams in the ass year after year must suck. They are left with my favorite rallying cry: "they are a bunch of hypocrites!"

If anyone sees Bronco, thank him for me. These types of comments trully complete me.
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                              X