AP is out. You guys'll be relieved

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hot Lunch
    Out of Office
    • Nov 2008
    • 7842

    #16
    Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    also moved ahead in Coaches poll. This wont be the only time either. BSU has already reached their high water mark at 3. It is all down hill from here, regardless of how well they do.
    Boise has one game left on it's schedule and it is the night after Thanksgiving. They won't receive a lot of love until then. That is the problem with playing in a pathetic conference.
    "Take it to the Bank"

    Comment

    • Jacob
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 6801

      #17
      Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
      I didn't realize polls should account for games played 13 months ago.
      You way this as if OSU had done something to warrant a higher ranking than Boise.

      Comment

      • ewth8tr
        Reverend of Irreverence
        • Nov 2008
        • 2347

        #18
        Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        You way this as if OSU had done something to warrant a higher ranking than Boise.
        LOL, first, it's Oregon, not Oregon State. And second, didn't they just beat up on #9 Stanford last night?
        "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

        Comment

        • Coach McGuirk
          1
          • Nov 2008
          • 12109

          #19
          Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
          LOL, first, it's Oregon, not Oregon State. And second, didn't they just beat up on #9 Stanford last night?
          I think he might be saying tOSU.

          Comment

          • ewth8tr
            Reverend of Irreverence
            • Nov 2008
            • 2347

            #20
            Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
            I think he might be saying tOSU.
            Damn
            "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

            Comment

            • Portland Ute
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 5647

              #21
              If either TCU or Utah goes undefeated and the other finished with at least 10 wins, they will pass Boise in the BCS standings by season's end.

              *Unless Oregon State or VaTech wins their conference (not likely)

              Utah faces #5 TCU and what may be a top 20 (if not 25) team in AFA. They also get a high profile game late in the year on the road against ND (who sucks, but is a name)

              TCU faces what will probably be a #7 or 8 Utah team. They also face AFA.

              BSU has what? A schedule that is as bad if not worse than Utah's to this point. The strength of their schedule fades as the season goes on until Nevada.

              I really think an undefeated Utah or TCU passes Boise in the BCS standings.

              IN that case, I truly hope that tOSU or Oregon goes to the BCS championship game, opening up a spot in the Rose Bowl. There is no doubt that Utah would be chosen ahead of Boise for the Rose bowl. TCU? Probably not...Boise would get the nod ahead of them.

              Comment

              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                Time to camp
                • Nov 2008
                • 26082

                #22
                Coaches poll only had 58 of the 59 votes this week, Mike Stoops could not be reached. I guess he was on vacation. The coaches really take this thing seriously.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #23
                  Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  Coaches poll only had 58 of the 59 votes this week, Mike Stoops could not be reached. I guess he was on vacation. The coaches really take this thing seriously.
                  http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm
                  It's a good thing they don't use that poll for the BCS rankings.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Hot Lunch
                    Out of Office
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7842

                    #24
                    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    Coaches poll only had 58 of the 59 votes this week, Mike Stoops could not be reached. I guess he was on vacation. The coaches really take this thing seriously.
                    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm
                    This is one of the reasons why I have said in the past that the coaches poll is worthless.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

                    Comment

                    • RC Vikings
                      Known Heterosexual
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 8789

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                      There is no doubt that Utah would be chosen ahead of Boise for the Rose bowl. TCU? Probably not...Boise would get the nod ahead of them.
                      I would like to hear your reasoning for this.

                      Comment

                      • Coastal Ute
                        Monkey Feelings
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 613

                        #26
                        Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                        I would like to hear your reasoning for this.
                        Probably has something to do with Utah going to the PAC next year. Not sure if I agree with that.
                        "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

                        "Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
                        -John Heisman

                        Comment

                        • Goatnapper'96
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10924

                          #27
                          Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                          So Boise beats Oregon last year, brings back 20 starters, beats NMS 59-0 yesterday and Oregon jumps them in the poll today. Makes perfect sense to me.
                          I am no lover of BSU, but I think if they are undefeated at the end of the year nobody with a loss should be ahead of them for consideration for the BCS Championship. Until somebody beats them everyone should enjoy a big glass of STFU!
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

                          I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #28
                            USC and Texas out. Florida looked like crap. The mighty have fallen.

                            I think fans of Troy are still in denial mode: everyone has to rebuild eventually.

                            Oregon looks great. If they are the ones that are going to carry the torch, so be it. I just want to see the PAC own the rose bowl. Do not lose the rose bowl to the b10. And of course, it would be nice if Oregon went to Glendale and won the whole thing. Someone else besides SC has to step up and dominate over a long stretch, not for a season or so. The PAC looks nice thisnyear, though.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Portland Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 5647

                              #29
                              Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                              I would like to hear your reasoning for this.
                              More fans. Pac12 next season. Among other things. They can put a PAC12 team in if they can't put the PAC10 or Big10 team in.

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                                This is one of the reasons why I have said in the past that the coaches poll is worthless.
                                Was his grad assistant to busy this weekend?
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...