AP is out. You guys'll be relieved

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jarid in Cedar
    CS Institutional Memory
    • Jun 2009
    • 13234

    #46
    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Well we know the MWC is better than the Pac-10 they have proven that on the field the past few years.
    Which is why they invited us. They needed to improve their national rankings profile.

    My ADR6300 is enjoying the bye week.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

    -Rick Majerus

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #47
      Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
      Your defense just needs to slow the other team down and get some breaks when you have an offense that scores an average of 56+ points per game. I can't wait until the Ducks smack the crap out of USC.
      CJ might not like you very long if you start calling the Ducks his team. Just a friendly heads up.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #48
        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Well we know the MWC is better than the Pac-10 they have proven that on the field the past few years.
        BYU isn't in the MWC anymore, you don't have to feign interest in this argument anymore.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #49
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          Oregon pounded Tennessee which had LSU beat. UCLA slaughtered Texas which made it respectable against Oklahoma. Stanford killed Notre Dame, which may be the best team in the country with a losing record, and lost heartbreakers to Michigan and Michigan State. Iowa was top 10 and got beat up by Arizona. None of those Big 10 teams except maybe Ohio State have impressed me much. Same with the SEC outside Alabama.
          I love how Nevada beats the hell out of Cal but Arizona pulls out a last minute, one point win over the yellow bears thanks, in part, to a 51 yard up-for-grabs pass. Maybe the WAC >> PAC.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Green Monstah
            Royal Rooter
            • Aug 2010
            • 13973

            #50
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            This makes no sense, have you even watched a game yet this year?

            Tennessee is not good, Notre Dame is not good, Texas is obviously not good, and Iowa is always overrated.

            The Big 10 has five top 25 teams.
            The SEC has 6
            The Pac-10 has 3.

            It is still early I think a few of these teams are very overrated. In fact I put Arizona at number 9 as maybe the most overrated team in the country right now. I also think LSU is highly overrated as are both Michigan and Michigan State.

            Lot of football left to be played but as of right now it looks like the Pac-10 is a one horse race with Oregon dominating the clear cut number 2 team.

            Iowa is not overrated. Try watching their games. Yes, they lost to UofA on the road, but they've beaten everyone else soundly this year. "Iowa is always overrated" is a broken record. When they have down years, they fall out of the rankings fast.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

            "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

            Comment

            • Green Monstah
              Royal Rooter
              • Aug 2010
              • 13973

              #51
              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              Which is why they invited us. They needed to improve their national rankings profile.

              My ADR6300 is enjoying the bye week.
              Then why'd they invite the Buffs??
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

              Comment

              • Green Monstah
                Royal Rooter
                • Aug 2010
                • 13973

                #52
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Oregon pounded Tennessee which had LSU beat. UCLA slaughtered Texas which made it respectable against Oklahoma. Stanford killed Notre Dame, which may be the best team in the country with a losing record, and lost heartbreakers to Michigan and Michigan State. Iowa was top 10 and got beat up by Arizona. None of those Big 10 teams except maybe Ohio State have impressed me much. Same with the SEC outside Alabama.
                Beat up? Did you watch the game after the Second Quarter??
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                Comment

                • il Padrino Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19161

                  #53
                  Originally posted by RedSox View Post
                  Then why'd they invite the Buffs??
                  I'm guessing it's a yin and yang kind of thing.
                  "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                  "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #54
                    Originally posted by RedSox View Post
                    Then why'd they invite the Buffs??
                    Some of God's mysteries can only be answered in the Millennium.

                    My ADR6300 is having unauthorized sleepovers.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    • cougjunkie
                      *Banned*
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 23223

                      #55
                      Originally posted by RedSox View Post
                      Iowa is not overrated. Try watching their games. Yes, they lost to UofA on the road, but they've beaten everyone else soundly this year. "Iowa is always overrated" is a broken record. When they have down years, they fall out of the rankings fast.
                      I guarantee Iowa will lose at least 2 games in the Big 10 if not more.
                      *Banned*

                      Comment

                      • MartyFunkhouser
                        Disciple of RNGesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 18762

                        #56
                        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        BYU isn't in the MWC anymore, you don't have to feign interest in this argument anymore.
                        But Utah will be in the Pac-10 next year so get ready for multiple posts about the superiority of the MWC and every other BCS conference over the PAC-10.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

                        Comment

                        • Babs
                          Not a Lawyer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 17128

                          #57
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          USC and Texas out. Florida looked like crap. The mighty have fallen.

                          I think fans of Troy are still in denial mode: everyone has to rebuild eventually.
                          You do almost get the sense of a changing of the guard. Reminds me of 2000 or so when the Florida State and Nebraska dynasties passed the torches they had carried through the 90s.

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69742

                            #58
                            Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            You do almost get the sense of a changing of the guard. Reminds me of 2000 or so when the Florida State and Nebraska dynasties passed the torches they had carried through the 90s.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #59
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Seriously, what a muckraker!

                              :texas::usc::rockon2:

                              kie2:
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Babs
                                Not a Lawyer
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 17128

                                #60
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                Seriously, what a muckraker!

                                :texas::usc::rockon2:

                                kie2:
                                What?! You're the one that said it was time to let someone else carry the banner for awhile! How is that not passing the torch?

                                Comment

                                Working...