Heaps

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • WashingtonCoug
    Monsters like me
    • Jan 2009
    • 1489

    #211
    Originally posted by UteStar View Post
    Just to keep everyone updated:

    Quarterback Ratings, 117 QBs

    #90 Jordan Girly Man Wynn, 118.2
    #110 Jake Heisman Heaps, 100.5
    The big issue with this is that Wynn has a running game and good receivers. What's his excuse? If I remember right everyone says his arm is fine, so don't give me that crap.
    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
    —Abraham Maslow

    Comment

    • smokymountainrain
      Impressive Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22593

      #212
      Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
      I know those are bad stats, but he did have a pretty severe case of the flu in that game. He nearly didn't play.

      I will say though that his stats were padded heavily by having possibly the best WR prospect in the Nation. Kasen Williams was incredible.
      Speaking of Kasen Williams, where is he playing? Is he at UW?
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

      Comment

      • WashingtonCoug
        Monsters like me
        • Jan 2009
        • 1489

        #213
        Yeah he's at UW now. He's getting decent playing time as a true freshman this year.
        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
        —Abraham Maslow

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #214
          Williams was only Jake's go-to guy his Sr. year (Kasen's Jr.). Before it was Simone.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • BigPiney
            Huge Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12368

            #215
            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            Speaking of Kasen Williams, where is he playing? Is he at UW?
            8 catches for 49 yards and 1 td at UW

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #216
              I'll tell you which freshman at UW is a total beast, Seferian-Jenkins. Kid is good.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • Sizzle
                #ThisIsY
                • Nov 2008
                • 9004

                #217
                Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                [YOUTUBE]XUK1wEHx4EY&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
                That is the first time I have seen that replayed, and let me say, holy shit that is a horrible snap. Heaps deserves blame for not just falling on the ball, but Terrence Brown, C'MON SON!

                Comment

                • il Padrino Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19161

                  #218
                  Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                  That is the first time I have seen that replayed, and let me say, holy shit that is a horrible snap. Heaps deserves blame for not just falling on the ball, but Terrence Brown, C'MON SON!
                  In the time between the PAT and the kickoff, Brown's mug was on the TV and the announcers were talking about he needed to get the bad snap out of his head. Brown looked like he wanted to crawl under a bench and hide.
                  "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                  "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #219
                    Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                    That is the first time I have seen that replayed, and let me say, holy shit that is a horrible snap. Heaps deserves blame for not just falling on the ball, but Terrence Brown, C'MON SON!
                    When Heaps went to shotgun on that play, I looked right at my brother and told him I was worried. Brown has been brutal -- even when the ball gets to Heaps it's still just an awful snap that looks like it's knuckle-balling all over the place.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • Omaha 680
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 11182

                      #220
                      Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                      That is the first time I have seen that replayed, and let me say, holy shit that is a horrible snap. Heaps deserves blame for not just falling on the ball, but Terrence Brown, C'MON SON!
                      Yeah, the ball squeezing out of Jake's hand like a bar of soap followed by the confusing barrel roll attempted recovery makes you forget the snap a bit. But the snap was indeed awful.

                      Side note: will we ever see any emotion out of Jake? I still want to believe in the guy and can't doubt his raw talent. It's not like I want him throwing temper tantrums, but I'd like to see him show some kind of disappointment after a play like that just so I know he still cares.

                      Comment

                      • old_gregg
                        scaly man fish
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 16915

                        #221
                        Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

                        Side note: will we ever see any emotion out of Jake? I still want to believe in the guy and can't doubt his raw talent. It's not like I want him throwing temper tantrums, but I'd like to see him show some kind of disappointment after a play like that just so I know he still cares.
                        that's on the short list of things i miss about max
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                        Comment

                        • Sizzle
                          #ThisIsY
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 9004

                          #222
                          Some other Heaps numbers:

                          Inside the 20: 4/9 28 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs 143.9 rating
                          From the 39-20: 18/29 180 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT 118.7 rating
                          Between the 40s: 30/60 290 yards 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 90.6 rating

                          Here is what is killer: 4 of Heaps 5 INTs have came inside of BYU territory giving the opponents prime field position.

                          3 of Heaps 5 INTs have came on 3rd down. On 3rd down as a whole, Heaps is 20/46 for 187 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs and a 64.6 rating.

                          1st and 2nd down he has been decent 69/112 for 668 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs (don't have the rating).

                          IMO, it underscores the importance of putting Hypes in good situations in first and second down. Make them predictable and he's struggled. Keep the defense off balance and he's been a lot better.

                          Comment

                          • BemidjiCoug
                            Junior Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 466

                            #223
                            Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                            I know those are bad stats, but he did have a pretty severe case of the flu in that game. He nearly didn't play.

                            I will say though that his stats were padded heavily by having possibly the best WR prospect in the Nation. Kasen Williams was incredible.
                            By the looks of him he has a severe case of the flu every time he gets hit. As a former lineman there was nothing that I hated more than when the QB would come back to huddle after being hit for the 5th time in the game looking like he was going to die.

                            I will echo earlier comments about Heaps good in the Green Jersey, but not a football player.

                            Comment

                            • BemidjiCoug
                              Junior Member
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 466

                              #224
                              Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              Side note: will we ever see any emotion out of Jake? I still want to believe in the guy and can't doubt his raw talent. It's not like I want him throwing temper tantrums, but I'd like to see him show some kind of disappointment after a play like that just so I know he still cares.
                              He always just looks like he is going to throw up or cry to me.

                              Comment

                              • KillerDog
                                a.k.a. K-dog
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 4196

                                #225
                                Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                                Some other Heaps numbers:

                                Inside the 20: 4/9 28 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs 143.9 rating
                                From the 39-20: 18/29 180 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT 118.7 rating
                                Between the 40s: 30/60 290 yards 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 90.6 rating

                                Here is what is killer: 4 of Heaps 5 INTs have came inside of BYU territory giving the opponents prime field position.

                                3 of Heaps 5 INTs have came on 3rd down. On 3rd down as a whole, Heaps is 20/46 for 187 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs and a 64.6 rating.

                                1st and 2nd down he has been decent 69/112 for 668 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs (don't have the rating).

                                IMO, it underscores the importance of putting Hypes in good situations in first and second down. Make them predictable and he's struggled. Keep the defense off balance and he's been a lot better.
                                These are the things I expect of a young quarterback. I will believe Heaps sucks when Doman works out his play calling issues and Heaps still sucks. As it is, I think Heaps is showing what you would expect of a young QB being forced to carry a load he isn't ready for in a new offense.

                                Comment

                                Working...