Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Omaha 680
    replied
    Originally posted by Applejack View Post

    I regret not playing usu. especially since we’ve traded up for sdsu and northern Illinois.
    Regional rivalries are important and losing them is the worst part of realignment. I would love to play Utah, Utah State, and Boise State every year but obviously not possible at this point. I would be happy to play Utah every year and alternate Utah State and Boise State though. One of the three should always be on the schedule.

    Leave a comment:


  • Applejack
    replied
    Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

    He's either laute, or laute's brother.

    Edit: I'm a little sad about not playing USU. I've liked that series and the tradition.
    I regret not playing usu. especially since we’ve traded up for sdsu and northern Illinois.

    Leave a comment:


  • SteelBlue
    replied
    3 of the last 7 was a convenient way to not have to say 3 of the last 10.

    Leave a comment:


  • myboynoah
    replied
    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post

    Wilner is a homeless man's Skip Bayless- a blowhard troll. Can't stand the dude.
    He's either laute, or laute's brother.

    Edit: I'm a little sad about not playing USU. I've liked that series and the tradition.
    Last edited by myboynoah; 05-12-2022, 05:20 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Art Vandelay
    replied
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

    I liked this response:

    Wilner is a homeless man's Skip Bayless- a blowhard troll. Can't stand the dude.

    Leave a comment:


  • Donuthole
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

    Exactly. Check out the replies. What an insanely stupid tweet.
    I liked this response:

    Leave a comment:


  • falafel
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

    Exactly. Check out the replies. What an insanely stupid tweet.
    I can't remember the last time I went to Twitter and came away feeling better than when I opened the app.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by falafel View Post
    I'm struggling to figure out what the extraordinary lengths are. Running to join a competitive conference?
    Exactly. Check out the replies. What an insanely stupid tweet.

    Leave a comment:


  • falafel
    replied
    I'm struggling to figure out what the extraordinary lengths are. Running to join a competitive conference?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    This guy. smh.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omaha 680
    replied
    USC and now the USU game are both cancelled for 2023. That leaves us with:

    9/2 Tennessee
    9/16 @Arkansas
    11/18 Southern Utah

    Moving SUU to 9/9 would be a perfect non-conference schedule but they already have a game that day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omaha 680
    replied
    Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

    Those first two for sure. Maybe throw in USC for another easy PAC game.
    LOL yes! Unfortunately the USC game is thanksgiving weekend. I'd like to keep it but as I said above the reality is we need two non conference home games and I don't think that weekend will be accommodated in a 14-team Big 12.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bo Diddley
    replied
    Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

    With the UNLV series being cancelled, 2023 appears to be down to six games (three more to cancel). What do you want to keep from:

    Tennessee
    @Arkansas
    @UCF
    Southern Utah
    @USC
    @Utah State

    I still want to keep the first two.
    Those first two for sure. Maybe throw in USC for another easy PAC game.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omaha 680
    replied
    Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Will be nice to change the name of this thread or lock it in 2023. The remaining two games in the Virginia series have been cancelled. Assuming a 9 game big 12 schedule, that means there are still 7 games on the 2023 schedule to unload. The Thanksgiving weekend game at USC is fun, but the reality of keeping it with a big 12 schedule is low. Assuming the first three games on the schedule remain, 2023 would be Tennessee, @Utah State, and @Arkansas + 9 Big 12 games. Gotta believe we would get out of the Utah State game in that case and either move the home game with Southern Utah to that date in September or get another FCS team. It would be rough to have two SEC teams out of conference in our first year of Big12, but I wouldn't want to mess with a home date against Tennessee and I'm guessing the Ark buyout is big being they come to Provo first next year.

    If the 9 game conference schedule is a reality, I would like to see Utah every year, one unique FBS team, and a mwc/fcs team out of conference. I'd love to have an 8 game conference schedule to have the above plus alternating Boise/Utah State, but I value silly old-fashioned regional rivalries more than most.
    With the UNLV series being cancelled, 2023 appears to be down to six games (three more to cancel). What do you want to keep from:

    Tennessee
    @Arkansas
    @UCF
    Southern Utah
    @USC
    @Utah State

    I still want to keep the first two.

    Leave a comment:


  • myboynoah
    replied
    Plus they beat the uofutah on regular basis. Those cowards won't schedule them anymore. Gotta love that.

    Leave a comment:

Working...