Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Bronco is as stupid as some of his fanbase.

Honest question, when was the last time BYU beat a ranked opponent? Was it Oklahoma or have they beat one since?
    #15 Texas last year.

I also don't get the angst over this.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Honest question, when was the last time BYU beat a ranked opponent? Was it Oklahoma or have they beat one since?
      Honest question: what would have been the "smart" answer?
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        #15 Texas last year.

Texas was ranked when you guys played them last year?

Edit: I see that they were. BYU can take the credit for getting both their DC and Head Coach fired.
        Last edited by Hot Lunch; 09-24-2014, 12:34 PM.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

They were actually ranked this year too. Donuthole replied three weeks ago, but I mistakenly deleted his post thinking I was editing my own. Sorry DH.
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Not sure why this is stupid. He wasn't saying he wants to play them in the NC game. Just that that is the team he'd like to have a home:home with. I don't see what is wrong with that.
            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
            - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

• Originally posted by lambdacoug View Post
              Not sure why this is stupid. He wasn't saying he wants to play them in the NC game. Just that that is the team he'd like to have a home:home with. I don't see what is wrong with that.
              Me either. If I could pick a home and home with anyone it'd likely be Bama too. Tuscaloosa would be a cool roadie. And Bama is a team that would never play in Provo.

My other choices would be USC, UCLA, Notre Dame or Stanford. But we have had and have them on the schedule already.

Edit: LSU would be awesome too. I'd love to see BYU play in Death Valley and have the Tigers at LES.
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• It's nice to know that even though the game is not being played this year, everything is still right in the universe.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Edit: I see that they were. BYU can take the credit for getting both their DC and Head Coach fired.
                  People forget that Texas was 30 minutes away from winning the Big 12 conference last year. It was a 3-3 game at halftime before Baylor blew it open.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Independent Scheduling rumors

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post

This year. Boom.

EDIT: Got beat to the punch. Bummer.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

People forget that Texas was 30 minutes away from winning the Big 12 conference last year. It was a 3-3 game at halftime before Baylor blew it open.
                      You seem to be forgetting that the Big 12 was awful last year.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        And the Pac-12 is awful this year. So what?
                        *Banned*

Comment

How many PAC 12 stickers do you have on your car?
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, we can't all be the SoS champions of the world like you guys are every year.
                            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Hey, yeah, that's right! First time I've heard that.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

#15 Texas last year.

I think Texas was 25th in the coaches poll when we played this year too

Comment

Working...
                                X