Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The_Douger
    Athletic Supporter
    • Jun 2012
    • 5413

    #1501
    Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Local radio reporting BYU and Utah have come to an agreement to play 2013 in Provo and 2016 in SLC...

    Gonna be weird in 14 and 15 with no utah game.

    I wouldn't play them like that. Either sign for 2 or 4 years at a time, or don't play. We are already playing them early in the year, which doesn't help us at all and is our easiest portion to fill. At the very least we should play every year if we're willing to do that.

    It's all or nothing with me. If I was Tom, I'd just say "We won't be playing in anything if you don't want to play football every year, and we can revisit this in a few years."
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

    Comment

    • LiveCoug
      LA Ute loves me
      • Nov 2008
      • 18488

      #1502
      Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
      I can't wait for the Utes to point out this is a 2-1, just like Texas.
      Umm....

      Comment

      • San Juan Sun
        Kicked to the curb
        • Dec 2009
        • 9214

        #1503
        Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

        Gonna be weird in 14 and 15 with no utah game.
        It'll be just like going on a mission.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

        - Ty Cobb

        Comment

        • The_Douger
          Athletic Supporter
          • Jun 2012
          • 5413

          #1504
          Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
          I can't wait for the Utes to point out this is a 2-1, just like Texas.
          How so?
          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

          Comment

          • lambdacoug
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 3981

            #1505
            Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
            How so?
            Counting this year it'll make two games in SLC and one in Provo in the next 3 meetings. The Texas reference is because we had one game with them at Texas, then signed a 1-1 and everyone was saying it was a 2-1.
            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
            - Howard Aiken

            Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

            Comment

            • LiveCoug
              LA Ute loves me
              • Nov 2008
              • 18488

              #1506
              Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
              Counting this year it'll make two games in SLC and one in Provo in the next 3 meetings. The Texas reference is because we had one game with them at Texas, then signed a 1-1 and everyone was saying it was a 2-1.
              LOL. Not even close to the same thing.

              Comment

              • Maximus
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 6023

                #1507
                Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
                Counting this year it'll make two games in SLC and one in Provo in the next 3 meetings. The Texas reference is because we had one game with them at Texas, then signed a 1-1 and everyone was saying it was a 2-1.
                the texas series was 2-1. there is no comparison.We signed a 1-1 with utah for 2011/2012 and then another 1-1 for 2013/2016.

                Comment

                • lambdacoug
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 3981

                  #1508
                  Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  LOL. Not even close to the same thing.


                  I guess I should have used the sarcasm font...
                  Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                  - Howard Aiken

                  Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                  - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                  Comment

                  • Coach McGuirk
                    1
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12109

                    #1509
                    Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    LOL. Not even close
                    He rarely is.

                    Comment

                    • lambdacoug
                      Junior Member
                      • Oct 2011
                      • 3981

                      #1510
                      Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                      He rarely is.
                      :igiveup:
                      Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                      - Howard Aiken

                      Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                      - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                      Comment

                      • The_Douger
                        Athletic Supporter
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 5413

                        #1511
                        Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
                        Counting this year it'll make two games in SLC and one in Provo in the next 3 meetings. The Texas reference is because we had one game with them at Texas, then signed a 1-1 and everyone was saying it was a 2-1.
                        Right, but the last agreement was 1/1 in Provo/SLC. You're not making sense.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                        Comment

                        • Sullyute
                          a day late/a dollar short
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 3308

                          #1512
                          Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                          I wouldn't play them like that. Either sign for 2 or 4 years at a time, or don't play. We are already playing them early in the year, which doesn't help us at all and is our easiest portion to fill. At the very least we should play every year if we're willing to do that.

                          It's all or nothing with me. If I was Tom, I'd just say "We won't be playing in anything if you don't want to play football every year, and we can revisit this in a few years."
                          I guess it is a good thing that you are not Tom. Any games played past this year are like icing on the cake. Unfortunately, I think that unless more Ute fans complain to Chris Hill then a game every few years may be all we get.
                          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

                          Comment

                          • lambdacoug
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 3981

                            #1513
                            Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                            Right, but the last agreement was 1/1 in Provo/SLC. You're not making sense.
                            I was trying to be humorous about how I can't wait for some misguided Ute to claim this is a 2-1. I wasn't trying to be serious or make sense. *sigh*
                            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                            - Howard Aiken

                            Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                            Comment

                            • Coach McGuirk
                              1
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12109

                              #1514
                              Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
                              I was trying to be humorous

                              another problem you seem to have.

                              Comment

                              • LiveCoug
                                LA Ute loves me
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18488

                                #1515
                                Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
                                I was trying to be humorous about how I can't wait for some misguided Ute to claim this is a 2-1. I wasn't trying to be serious or make sense. *sigh*
                                Listen. It is NOT a 2-1! That is just silly to even say!

                                Comment

                                Working...