The Official 2026 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37973

    #256
    Originally posted by grapevine View Post
    Trib no longer requires a paywall. Who read Gordon Monsons article bitching about the game being played in the first place? Like Ricks clobbering all the Arizona schools. It is routine to play schools like that to get a big payout. Hurts the psych and on and on. BYU will schedule games like that to help other teams.
    Uniquely bad article from Monson, and that is quite an accomplishment. This line was pretty bad:

    This game never should have been played. Is there an echo in here?

    Any BYU fan who enjoyed it is the same person who would have laughed at the end of “Old Yeller.”
    Maybe I should re-watch Old Yeller, I might have missed some pretty good laughs.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Idon'tgnawonmywife
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2012
      • 145

      #257
      Originally posted by falafel View Post

      He is going to be a beast. So fun to watch.
      Do you feel like he's going to live up to his name????

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69676

        #258
        Originally posted by grapevine View Post
        Trib no longer requires a paywall. Who read Gordon Monsons article bitching about the game being played in the first place? Like Ricks clobbering all the Arizona schools. It is routine to play schools like that to get a big payout. Hurts the psych and on and on. BYU will schedule games like that to help other teams.
        Yeah, no thanks. I would prefer a root canal.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37973

          #259
          Originally posted by Idon'tgnawonmywife View Post

          Do you feel like he's going to live up to his name????
          A big task, but he's got a great last name to go with it!
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • BigPiney
            Huge Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12364

            #260
            Originally posted by falafel View Post



            Maybe I should re-watch Old Yeller, I might have missed some pretty good laughs.

            It really is good times.

            Comment

            • Green Monstah
              Royal Rooter
              • Aug 2010
              • 13953

              #261
              Moa out for the season. Ugh. I hope DeVaughn Eka can step it up.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

              Comment

              • BigPiney
                Huge Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 12364

                #262
                Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                Moa out for the season. Ugh. I hope DeVaughn Eka can step it up.
                Good thing we didn't get any RBs in the portal.

                Comment

                • Green Monstah
                  Royal Rooter
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 13953

                  #263
                  Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

                  Good thing we didn't get any RBs in the portal.
                  Technically, ins't Jornee Tonga a transfer? Maybe not. But I get your point. I don't think a lack of RB help was for lack of effort, though.

                  Preston Rex RB2!!!!!
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                  "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                  Comment

                  • Pelado
                    Bald not naked
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 21139

                    #264
                    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    Moa out for the season. Ugh. I hope DeVaughn Eka can step it up.
                    Damn. Hoping all the other RBs can be productive even when not facing teams named Utah Tech.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

                    Comment

                    • Donuthole
                      Official Outgayer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 25266

                      #265
                      Moa officially the most brittle Polynesian in history.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                      Comment

                      • Joe Public
                        8.1 YPC
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 8524

                        #266
                        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Moa officially the most brittle Polynesian in history.
                        Has he passed Famika Anae?
                        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                        "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                        Comment

                        • BigFatMeanie
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7113

                          #267
                          WSJ article about college athletes buying homes. Heavily features Fifita and others from Arizona:



                          I like the NIL era because I think BYU has a big enough fan/booster base to be consistently competitive against all but the bluest of blue-bloods, but it’s hard to wrap my head around the idea of young adults making millions. For that matter, why not have high school kids profit from NIL? They basically already pay under the table in Utah these days with the open transfer rules.

                          Comment

                          • BlueK
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2011
                            • 7189

                            #268
                            BYU only favored by 7.5 today at home? Nonsense. Cougs win by at least double that. Probably another year of the gambling lines consistently underrating them.

                            Comment

                            • Green Monstah
                              Royal Rooter
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 13953

                              #269
                              I’m actually nervous about this one. U if A has had this game circled all offseason. They’ve made it their Super Bowl.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                              Comment

                              • Joe Public
                                8.1 YPC
                                • Apr 2011
                                • 8524

                                #270
                                Let’s go, KPop.
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                                "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                                Comment

                                Working...