The Official 2026 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25268

    #121
    Utah's schedule is the perfect schedule for a new coach and a program with a lot of new players. I expect them to be in the B12 hunt once again.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • SteelBlue
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 8189

      #122
      I'm really curious to see what the Big 12 looks like on the field after the poachings. It feels like there's a real risk of a backwards slide as top coaching talent keeps getting "promoted." Solid programs like Iowa State were absolutely gutted and backfilled with G5 talent. I don't follow Utah recruiting to know how they bounced back from the hits they took when Whitt left but I know there weren't equals sitting in the portal to make up for some of those losses. I know OSU is basically N. Texas now. That might be good, but it also might be a good G5. We need at least 5 teams the country agrees are good. Losing that status for ISU is a rough hit for the Big 12.

      Comment

      • The_Tick
        Made something of myself
        • Nov 2008
        • 7295

        #123
        Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
        I'm really curious to see what the Big 12 looks like on the field after the poachings. It feels like there's a real risk of a backwards slide as top coaching talent keeps getting "promoted." Solid programs like Iowa State were absolutely gutted and backfilled with G5 talent. I don't follow Utah recruiting to know how they bounced back from the hits they took when Whitt left but I know there weren't equals sitting in the portal to make up for some of those losses. I know OSU is basically N. Texas now. That might be good, but it also might be a good G5. We need at least 5 teams the country agrees are good. Losing that status for ISU is a rough hit for the Big 12.
        I hear what you are saying. Indiana was JMU last year and this year with a transfer QB and just won the Natty. It can be done.

        Comment

        • Joe Public
          8.1 YPC
          • Apr 2011
          • 8525

          #124
          ISU is not a solid program, but they did have their best coach ever for the last several years and were on the top 25 radar.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

          "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

          Comment

          • USUC
            Chronic Poseur
            • Apr 2010
            • 8793

            #125
            Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

            I hear what you are saying. Indiana was JMU last year and this year with a transfer QB and just won the Natty. It can be done.
            I mean, it can be done with Mark Cuban money. Not sure ISU had that type of investment.

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37987

              #126
              Originally posted by USUC View Post

              I mean, it can be done with Mark Cuban money. Not sure ISU had that type of investment.
              Is Mark Cuban an NIL investor in Indiana football?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • USUC
                Chronic Poseur
                • Apr 2010
                • 8793

                #127
                Originally posted by falafel View Post

                Is Mark Cuban an NIL investor in Indiana football?
                https://apnews.com/article/college-f...d908e830ff57a3

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37987

                  #128
                  Thanks.

                  This seems like further fuel for the argument that the current NIL landscape isn't sustainable long-term. Otherwise, college sports just become billionaire donor's minor league franchises.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • MartyFunkhouser
                    Disciple of RNGesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18754

                    #129
                    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Utah's schedule is the perfect schedule for a new coach and a program with a lot of new players. I expect them to be in the B12 hunt once again.
                    I do not understand why Utah and BYU isn't played the last week of the season. The Big12 has one of the best rivalries out there and they seem intent on downplaying.

                    Also, eff BYU. I hope you lose every game.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

                    Comment

                    • All-American
                      Right, as Usual
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 15665

                      #130
                      Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

                      I do not understand why Utah and BYU isn't played the last week of the season. The Big12 has one of the best rivalries out there and they seem intent on downplaying.
                      The Big XII are SEC/B1G cucks. They don't want to compete for viewers on rivalry day.

                      Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                      Also, eff BYU. I hope you lose every game.
                      I respect that.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                      Comment

                      • Pelado
                        Bald not naked
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 21142

                        #131
                        Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

                        I do not understand why Utah and BYU isn't played the last week of the season. The Big12 has one of the best rivalries out there and they seem intent on downplaying.

                        Also, eff BYU. I hope you lose every game.
                        They think the rivalry gets more play nationally if it isn't going up against a bunch of other big rivalries. Kind of like the Red River Rivalry.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

                        Comment

                        • Applejack
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • 3813

                          #132
                          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Utah's schedule is the perfect schedule for a new coach and a program with a lot of new players. I expect them to be in the B12 hunt once again.
                          [high five]

                          the Utes and cougars lucked out by not having tech on the schedule. It may come down utah-byu, again*. If the MidXII had any self respect, that game would be the last game of the season.

                          * assuming arizona is not a juggernaut, which they may be.

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69706

                            #133
                            Originally posted by Applejack View Post

                            [high five]

                            the Utes and cougars lucked out by not having tech on the schedule. It may come down utah-byu, again*. If the MidXII had any self respect, that game would be the last game of the season.

                            * assuming arizona is not a juggernaut, which they may be.
                            "MidXII". Ha. You guys can't help yourselves.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37987

                              #134
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                              "MidXII". Ha. You guys can't help yourselves.
                              This conference is below the UTES, but eventually they will be appropriately respected.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • Applejack
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2012
                                • 3813

                                #135
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                                "MidXII". Ha. You guys can't help yourselves.
                                It is mid!* Look at the big10 teams that feasted on our schools' players and coaches. And don't get my started about the locales!! Ames? Lubbock? Waco? CINCINATTI? Wherever Kansas state is.

                                *(APPLIES TO FOOTBALL ONLY)

                                Comment

                                Working...