New voice for Utah FB/BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New voice for Utah FB/BB

I didn't see any mention so I thought I would link it. This is a good thing. It will make radio broadcasts bearable again.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ice-for-U.html
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    I didn't see any mention so I thought I would link it. This is a good thing. It will make radio broadcasts bearable again.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ice-for-U.html
    Bill Riley is an upgrade? Yikes. Who has been doing it?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Bill Riley is an upgrade? Yikes. Who has been doing it?
      Mike Lageschulte, and yes it is an upgrade.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Bill Riley did some Mtn basketball broadcasts last year, didn't he? If he is who I think he is, I thought he was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
          Bill Riley did some Mtn basketball broadcasts last year, didn't he? If he is who I think he is, I thought he was fine.
          That would be him.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
            Hopefully this keeps him away for Mtn. broadcast and other things that I watch or listen to.

Comment

That would be him.
              Wasn't Riley doing the Play-by-play for the Utes when John Beck shot lightning out his arse at RES? Or was that still Marcroft?
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Wasn't Riley doing the Play-by-play for the Utes when John Beck shot lightning out his arse at RES? Or was that still Marcroft?
                Reilly

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Yep. I enjoy listening to a replay of his call almost as much as the Wrubel call.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Riley did BYU stuff on KSL when he first came this market and he was terrible. But that was quite a few years ago so I imagine he has improved with experience.

Comment

I think 04 was Marcroft last year and as senile and crazy as he was he was still fun to listen to.
                      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Mike Lageschulte, and yes it is an upgrade.
                        Lageschulte was awful. I don't think I ever listened to Riley call a game. Although I disagree with Riley from time to time he is one of my favorite radio guys in Utah. I really like his show.
                        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Yep. I enjoy listening to a replay of his call almost as much as the Wrubel call.
                          Absolutely. The initial elation (one play from 5th straight victory!), the disappointment, the renewed hope (albeit brief) that Harline was actually an ineligible lineman, followed by the ultimate deflation and realization as to what just happened.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Absolutely. The initial elation (one play from 5th straight victory!), the disappointment, the renewed hope (albeit brief) that Harline was actually an ineligible lineman, followed by the ultimate deflation and realization as to what just happened.
                            The single greatest play in RES history.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                              Hopefully this keeps him away for Mtn. broadcast and other things that I watch or listen to.
                              You have Greg Wrubbel, you aren't any better off.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                              X