Ranking Utah

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PaloAltoCougar
    Semper infra dignitatem
    • Nov 2008
    • 16938

    #61
    I'm looking forward to seeing how Utah does in 2011, and I don't know what to expect (in that regard, given the projected returnees, is Utah expected to be better or worse in 2011 than the upcoming season?). I'd place them most likely between 3rd and 5th, given what little I know.

    I've always wondered how BYU would do with a full PAC-10 schedule, and this will come close to answering that question (I don't mean to offend the Utes by the assumption that BYU and Utah are fairly evenly matched, but I believe it to be true).

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #62
      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      I'm looking forward to seeing how Utah does in 2011, and I don't know what to expect (in that regard, given the projected returnees, is Utah expected to be better or worse in 2011 than the upcoming season?). I'd place them most likely between 3rd and 5th, given what little I know.

      I've always wondered how BYU would do with a full PAC-10 schedule, and this will come close to answering that question (I don't mean to offend the Utes by the assumption that BYU and Utah are fairly evenly matched, but I believe it to be true).
      lol
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • PaloAltoCougar
        Semper infra dignitatem
        • Nov 2008
        • 16938

        #63
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        lol
        Given the recent zeitgeist, in which CUF brothers have taken up arms against each other, I did not want to fan the flames. I'm all about healing. It's my way.

        Comment

        • BoylenOver
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 9146

          #64
          Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          I'm looking forward to seeing how Utah does in 2011, and I don't know what to expect (in that regard, given the projected returnees, is Utah expected to be better or worse in 2011 than the upcoming season?). I'd place them most likely between 3rd and 5th, given what little I know.

          I've always wondered how BYU would do with a full PAC-10 schedule, and this will come close to answering that question (I don't mean to offend the Utes by the assumption that BYU and Utah are fairly evenly matched, but I believe it to be true).
          We have four seniors among our entire defense in 2010, and only two of them (Christian Cox and Justin Taplin-Ross) are expected to start in the base 4-3 (I would guess that Lamar Chapman sees time in nickel or dime, while Neil A'asa will be among the rotation), so the defense will be stacked. The offense will lose Wide, Asiata, Shaky, and a few starters on the offensive line, but Wynn will be a junior.

          Considering the head coaching records of Bronco and Whit (Bronco has 3 more wins), I don't think it's unfair to say they're evenly-matched.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #65
            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            What makes you think Kyle is a lifer? Joining the Pac 10 certainly increased those chances. And he's a great coach don't get me wrong, but the Pac 10 has a number of them. Shoot there are assistant coaches that I think are better than Kyle in the Pac 10.
            I gotta be honest here, I'm not really sure who the better head coaches in the P10 are than Whittingham. Forget assistants.

            Right now Whitt is a better HC than:
            Wulff
            Sark
            Kiffin
            Erickson
            Stoops

            I would probably put him ahead of Tedford, Harbaugh and Riley also. Skippy has better credentials but not in the last 10 years, and Chip started off with a bang, but one year does not make a great coach.

            I think there could be an honest argument made that Whittingham is the best HC in the Pac 12.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            Working...