The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #11746
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I have the exact same hat as brigham young. :rockon2:
    I have his beard...and his legendary sex drive!
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • Viking
      Banned
      • Jun 2009
      • 6470

      #11747
      Any sellers out there?

      Comment

      • dabrockster
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 10947

        #11748
        Originally posted by YOhio View Post


        HOLD strong BE. Hold STRONG!!!!

        Comment

        • Viking
          Banned
          • Jun 2009
          • 6470

          #11749
          [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQEgZNqa8jE"]Rush 2112 (Full Song) - YouTube[/nomedia]

          Comment

          • Viking
            Banned
            • Jun 2009
            • 6470

            #11750

            Comment

            • Viking
              Banned
              • Jun 2009
              • 6470

              #11751
              Party time. We're starting one day early.

              Last edited by Viking; 01-31-2012, 01:39 PM.

              Comment

              • lambdacoug
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2011
                • 3981

                #11752
                Originally posted by Viking View Post
                Party time. We're starting one day early.

                Spyro?
                Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                - Howard Aiken

                Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #11753
                  McMurphy sez: Look East, my friend.



                  Go to 12? If Louisville is No. 11, what school would be No. 12? BYU continually gets mentioned as a Big 12 target, but everything I hear -- and I mean everything -- from sources is "look east, not west" for the Big 12's 12th school.

                  If that's the case, Cincinnati would appear the most likely candidate as the 12th team, but the league hasn't seriously discussed a 12th member and the Bearcats have nowhere near the support of Louisville, making the move to 12 even more tricky.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • USUC
                    Chronic Poseur
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 8793

                    #11754
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    McMurphy sez: Look East, my friend.

                    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ding-expansion


                    I hate myself as much as McMurphy

                    Comment

                    • kccougar
                      9262
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7020

                      #11755
                      So if BYU has to play with only 9 teams then that opens up a whole lot of scheduling opportunities for BYU. No wonder we haven't released our schedule either. I read a month or so ago that Oklahoma would end up with three vacancies to fill for 2012.
                      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #11756
                        Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                        So if BYU has to play with only 9 teams then that opens up a whole lot of scheduling opportunities for BYU. No wonder we haven't released our schedule either. I read a month or so ago that Oklahoma would end up with three vacancies to fill for 2012.
                        I think Oklahoma and Texas have earned at least a home and home with BYU, although I would prefer to see a 2-1 with two trips to Provo. If they are going to scramble for opponents, time to seize the day!
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • kccougar
                          9262
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7020

                          #11757
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          I think Oklahoma and Texas have earned at least a home and home with BYU, although I would prefer to see a 2-1 with two trips to Provo. If they are going to scramble for opponents, time to seize the day!
                          I'd even be willing to go H-H-N with a game in Phoenix or Vegas.
                          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                          Comment

                          • Green Monstah
                            Royal Rooter
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 13955

                            #11758
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            McMurphy sez: Look East, my friend.

                            http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ding-expansion
                            **GM starts throwing up and sobbing and curses Heber J. Grant for putting the kibosh on alcohol consumption by faithful latter day saints**
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                            "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                            Comment

                            • dabrockster
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 10947

                              #11759
                              [QUOTE=TripletDaddy;760907]McMurphy sez: Look East, my friend.

                              [url]

                              :bsflag:

                              No way.. Why face the BE again for one of their members.. Seems more of a hassel and they will have to wait 2 years..

                              Comment

                              • byu71
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22070

                                #11760
                                I never get used to it. Thinking I am a much sought after commodity as a husband, baseball player, softball player, speaker at financial forums, etc., to only find out I am not as highly thought of by others as I think I am.

                                I can empathize with BYU fans. Maybe down deep this being continually passed over is the basis for my pain and BYU football.

                                Comment

                                Working...