The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Guest

    #9706
    Sounds like a nice setup for Mizzou. I would much rather face Florida, South Carolina, and Georgia each year rather than LSU, Alabama, and Auburn. Missouri would actually seem to have a chance at the conference championship game occasionally in the East, not sure they would ever see it if they are in the West.

    Comment

    • Omaha 680
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2011
      • 11182

      #9707
      Originally posted by aCougarFONT View Post
      Sounds like a nice setup for Mizzou. I would much rather face Florida, South Carolina, and Georgia each year rather than LSU, Alabama, and Auburn. Missouri would actually seem to have a chance at the conference championship game occasionally in the East, not sure they would ever see it if they are in the West.
      Initially, yes. But as has been pointed out earlier in this thread, divisional dominance is cyclical. The Big 12 North was the class of the league for the first 5-6 years before the South took over. In the SEC, Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia dominated much of the 90s while LSU, Alabama, and Auburn were down.

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #9708
        Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
        There doesn't need to be an offer for there to be Letters of Intent and Memorandums of Understanding.

        Those happened.
        Now that's the kind of thing I'd like to see. I'll say straight out that I don't believe any such thing happened. At most BYU sent a BYU-generated package to the Big 12, like someone might do if applying for a job.

        What you need to ask yourselves is what was the vaunted list of conditions presented by BYU to the Big 12 comprised of? I understand your point, BYU is such a hot ticket it's not going to give up its independence for a pot of porridge. So, if intense back and forth negotiations really did occur over a wrenching six weeks, what did they talk about?
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • LiveCoug
          LA Ute loves me
          • Nov 2008
          • 18488

          #9709
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          Now that's the kind of thing I'd like to see. I'll say straight out that I don't believe any such thing happened. At most BYU sent a BYU-generated package to the Big 12, like someone might do if applying for a job.

          What you need to ask yourselves is what was the vaunted list of conditions presented by BYU to the Big 12 comprised of? I understand your point, BYU is such a hot ticket it's not going to give up its independence for a pot of porridge. So, if intense back and forth negotiations really did occur over a wrenching six weeks, what did they talk about?
          Thanks for FINALLY being straight up with us. We were wondering where you stood on this issue.

          Comment

          • PolyCougar
            Junior Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 242

            #9710
            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            Now that's the kind of thing I'd like to see. I'll say straight out that I don't believe any such thing happened. At most BYU sent a BYU-generated package to the Big 12, like someone might do if applying for a job.

            What you need to ask yourselves is what was the vaunted list of conditions presented by BYU to the Big 12 comprised of? I understand your point, BYU is such a hot ticket it's not going to give up its independence for a pot of porridge. So, if intense back and forth negotiations really did occur over a wrenching six weeks, what did they talk about?
            What kills me about you SU, is how people prod you back into the conversation all the time... I dig the way you argue, don't always agree, but dig the style. And actually, now that I've finished a few months of every emotion possible on the topic... I might agree with you to a point. I actually do think BYU is a hot ticket (for TV sets of lovers and haters), but that ticket is only hot because of the stipulations it holds.

            I do sit and wonder at times what it would be like if the church sold off BYU, and they let go of the honor code, played on Sunday (which I personally have never had a problem with), and a few other things... but then I thought, we'd just be the U of U south all of the sudden, and a lot of what brings BYU fans to the table would be gone. Proud of the Utes and being in the PAC, but glad BYU is still BYU even if it makes my school less attractive to the rest of the conferences. I think I learned my lesson on Tom Holmoe too, dude wants to play with the best... I'll trust him now.

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #9711
              Interesting to read the comments section to gauge what fans of other schools are thinking about the recent events of last week

              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • LiveCoug
                LA Ute loves me
                • Nov 2008
                • 18488

                #9712
                Was this posted yet?

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #9713
                  yes. last week.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • LiveCoug
                    LA Ute loves me
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18488

                    #9714
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    yes. last week.
                    I was talking about the comic, not the news...

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #9715
                      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      I was talking about the comic, not the news...
                      yes. last week.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • LiveCoug
                        LA Ute loves me
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 18488

                        #9716
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        yes. last week.
                        Link or it didn't happen!

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #9717
                          Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          Link or it didn't happen!
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • SeattleUte
                            Faith crisis consultant
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 20837

                            #9718
                            It's fake. He just added it.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                            --Jonathan Swift

                            Comment

                            • LiveCoug
                              LA Ute loves me
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18488

                              #9719
                              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              It's fake. He just added it.
                              No doubt about that!

                              Comment

                              • Coach McGuirk
                                1
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12109

                                #9720
                                We have movement,

                                #Mizzou Board of Curators will be in executive sessions at 3:45 Thursday and 10 a.m. Friday at UMKC.

                                Comment

                                Working...