BYU-SDSU Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CardiacCoug
    вот так штука
    • Nov 2008
    • 11013

    #31
    That was a helluva kick by Payne. It would have been good from 50+ easily and he's kicking at sea level.

    That was terrible, overly conservative play calling there leading up to the field goal. Hopefully the explanation for the poor play today is that we've been preparing for TCU.

    Comment

    • CardiacCoug
      вот так штука
      • Nov 2008
      • 11013

      #32
      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
      Because Bronco wants to win by 21 rather than 14?

      EDIT: I'm a hack. http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showpo...09&postcount=2
      Great minds think alike I guess. Cool.

      Comment

      • cougjunkie
        *Banned*
        • Nov 2008
        • 23223

        #33
        Can someone tell me why the Defense was awful all game and then they turn it up on the last two drives when it matters and looked dominant? Pendelton was nails in the 4th quarter, Logan had a big breakup as well.

        I really like our offense but I think we dealt with serious cramping if you noticed the second half we had Vokolahi, Freeman and Thorson all 3 backups in the game.
        Last edited by cougjunkie; 10-17-2009, 06:54 PM.
        *Banned*

        Comment

        • Coach McGuirk
          1
          • Nov 2008
          • 12109

          #34
          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Come someone tell me why the Defense was awful all game and then they turn it up on the last two drives when it matters and looked dominant? Pendelton was nails in the 4th quarter, Logan had a big breakup as well.

          I really like our offense but I think we dealt with serious cramping if you noticed the second half we had Vokolahi, Freeman and Thorson all 3 backups in the game.

          we were saying the same thing. All of the sudden we had the defense that showed up against OU. Baffling.

          Comment

          • SCcoug
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 7625

            #35
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Come someone tell me why the Defense was awful all game and then they turn it up on the last two drives when it matters and looked dominant? Pendelton was nails in the 4th quarter, Logan had a big breakup as well.

            I really like our offense but I think we dealt with serious cramping if you noticed the second half we had Vokolahi, Freeman and Thorson all 3 backups in the game.
            I thought the same thing. Depending on which D shows up next week I like our chances. If it is the first half D we'll get a FSU repeat.

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #36
              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              Great minds think alike I guess. Cool.
              I've never been accused of having a great mind, but I won't argue with a doc.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #37


                Two of my best friends from high school, Bobby (on the left) and Hal.
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • JohnnyLingo
                  La Naranja
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 3976

                  #38
                  Thank you, San Diego QB, for throwing short passes when you need two scores and you have two minutes left in the game.

                  Heaven knows you had no success throwing deeper downfield against BYU.

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #39
                    Good news: Max Hall had his 2nd straight game with no ints. Also BYU had their second straight game with no turnovers.

                    Hall now has 16 td passes on the season. BYU has scored the second most touchdowns in the country behind only Texas Tech.
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • Sizzle
                      #ThisIsY
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 9004

                      #40
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Good news: Max Hall had his 2nd straight game with no ints. Also BYU had their second straight game with no turnovers.

                      Hall now has 16 td passes on the season. BYU has scored the second most touchdowns in the country behind only Texas Tech.
                      And at worst he is now tied for the NCAA lead in ints thrown at 10 with the SDSU qb.

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #41
                        Win 500 in program history, moves us to 21 ahead of Utah...State.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #42
                          Not pretty. Hope we look better next week.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • Hot Lunch
                            Out of Office
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7842

                            #43
                            Very ugly win.

                            Defense was awful.

                            O line was awful. Max was hit a ton tonight and BYU couldn't run the ball for shit.

                            Hopefully they were just looking past Suck Dawg State.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

                            Comment

                            • cougjunkie
                              *Banned*
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 23223

                              #44
                              More bright spots:

                              SDSU 16 carries for 20 yards. (BYU only had 1 sack in the game so those are not really weighing down the stats)

                              Max Hall had a PE of 169.14

                              JJ Dilugi had his 2nd straight game with more than 60 yards receiving, he also averaged 28 yards on 3 kickoff returns.

                              10 different players caught passes for the 3rd straight game.
                              *Banned*

                              Comment

                              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                                Time to camp
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 26082

                                #45
                                Just learned next week is on Vs. crap. I hope Justin.tv has it somewhere, maybe Donut could host it and do commentary, I would enjoy that.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

                                Comment

                                Working...