Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was hoping I'd miss Hall after this season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was hoping I'd miss Hall after this season.

At this point, I highly doubt I will. I hope I end up eating those words.

edit.....I will miss his blocking.
    Last edited by CJF; 10-02-2009, 08:30 PM.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Originally posted by CJF View Post
    At this point, I highly doubt I will. I hope I end up eating those words.

edit.....I will miss his blocking.
    He is what he is and we live or die with him. I would like to see him finish at least one game this season without an interception but I don't think it's going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
      He is what he is and we live or die with him. I would like to see him finish at least one game this season without an interception but I don't think it's going to happen.
      Does he win the MWC Offensive POY with his 50/50 ratio? I know he's up one or two now, but you get the idea.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
        Does he win the MWC Offensive POY with his 50/50 ratio? I know he's up one or two now, but you get the idea.
        Only because he's a senior.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure what to think of Hall. He hits guys in the numbers and makes good decisions on nearly all of his passes, but has those 2 or 3 bad passes or poor decisions that usually result in INTs.

He has the 50/50 TD/INT ratio, but he also hits on 70% of his passes and has a very good 9.1 ypa. The team is averaging about 35 ppg under him and is 4-1 with a win over the number 8 team in the country, with the one loss on the defense rather than him. Ultimately, I guess I can't complain too much.

Oh and he will finish his career as the 2nd leading passer in BYU history, one of it's most efficient and possibly the winningest QB to ever suit up.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

I'm going to miss him just because I don't see anyone in the pipeline that will come near to Hall's ability next year. Riley Nelson has no arm and Jake Heaps won't be ready. I think we're in for major rebuilding next year.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
              I'm going to miss him just because I don't see anyone in the pipeline that will come near to Hall's ability next year. Riley Nelson has no arm and Jake Heaps won't be ready. I think we're in for major rebuilding next year.
              Get a JUCO.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Get a JUCO.
                The Huskies seem to be happy with the last successful Juco QB we had.
                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Get a JUCO.
                  Bronco will get a butterfly tattoo before he goes for a starting JUCO QB.
                  "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

I don't know anything about Nelson's arm, and they haven't exactly let him throw it the few times he's played, but I like what I've seen from him so far. He plays excited and he always seems pumped up. I like that. I think he's got a lot of drive.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yup. BYU will lose 4-5 games next year. Personally, it will be a bit refreshing as the fanbase doesn't appreciate winning.

I could care less if Hall throws 2-3 ints in every game this year but Utah and TCU. If BYU wins the turnover battle, I think they will beat both. BYU's defense isn't great but it is good enough to keep those teams from scoring like they did last year. The offense, specifically the turnovers, will be the key. I think BYU could lose the TO battle and win every other game they play.

My edit is that I think knowing this is why I really expect Heaps to start. I think if Heaps starts next year and he is healthy in 2011, he is likely to be a better qb than Nelson will be in 2011 if Nelson is the starter next year. I think Mendenhall takes his lumps next year, especially if he wins another MWC title (i.e. beats TCU in Provo).
                      Last edited by Goatnapper'96; 10-02-2009, 09:47 PM.
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        Yup. BYU will lose 4-5 games next year. Personally, it will be a bit refreshing as the fanbase doesn't appreciate winning.

I could care less if Hall throws 2-3 ints in every game this year but Utah and TCU. If BYU wins the turnover battle, I think they will beat both. BYU's defense isn't great but it is good enough to keep those teams from scoring like they did last year. The offense, specifically the turnovers, will be the key. I think BYU could lose the TO battle and win every other game they play.
                        I'm not so sure about that.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I think Harvey Unga is the best offensive player in the conference. Hall actually had his highest Pass efficiency game today 175 which is very good. Both of those picks were bad, in fact the first one was horrible he eyed down the receiver the whole time and that safety just slowly drifted over, that is a highschool mistake. The second one was just a poor throw and decision. However you live with those mistakes when he makes throws like the deep ball on a rope to Ashworth for a TD and those corner routes to Pitta.

Defense played great tonight, Jan was phenomenal for those that dont pay that much attention to individual matchups go back and watch the game and pay attention to Jan, when he is lined up on the outside he is dominant. When he moves inside he is still very good but is double teamed more often. Overall though he was awesome including forcing a 3 and out by himself.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            I think Harvey Unga is the best offensive player in the conference. Hall actually had his highest Pass efficiency game today 175 which is very good. Both of those picks were bad, in fact the first one was horrible he eyed down the receiver the whole time and that safety just slowly drifted over, that is a highschool mistake. The second one was just a poor throw and decision. However you live with those mistakes when he makes throws like the deep ball on a rope to Ashworth for a TD and those corner routes to Pitta.

Defense played great tonight, Jan was phenomenal for those that dont pay that much attention to individual matchups go back and watch the game and pay attention to Jan, when he is lined up on the outside he is dominant. When he moves inside he is still very good but is double teamed more often. Overall though he was awesome including forcing a 3 and out by himself.
                            Completely agree about Jan. Just like the Tulane game, when he was lined up outside he was killing Tulane. For some reason, they changed the defense and moved him inside when Tulane was going to be throwing the rest of the game. Couldn't figure that out. Same thing tonight. I just don't get it.

Let me clarify my stance on Hall. I think he thinks his arm is stronger than it really is and he makes major mental mistakes because of that. He forces too much especially when pressured. Tonight, he had very little pressure and picked USU apart when he was smart. I like Hall, but he is what he is. A QB with average physical skills, huge balls, and better skill position players around him than just about any BYU QB has ever had. He should be dominate but he isn't most of the time. I like him, but he will not go down as one of my favorites. In fact, I'm looking forward to watching someone with upside next year when I know it is a rebuilding year.
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

[QUOTE]
                              Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              Completely agree about Jan. Just like the Tulane game, when he was lined up outside he was killing Tulane. For some reason, they changed the defense and moved him inside when Tulane was going to be throwing the rest of the game. Couldn't figure that out. Same thing tonight. I just don't get it.

Yep as soon as they moved Jan back inside the pressure on the QB stopped and USU started moving the ball again. Jan set up Denneys sack with a hurry flushing Borell out of the pocket as well. Jaime has to watch that on film and realize he needs to tweak his scheme.
                              Last edited by cougjunkie; 10-02-2009, 10:53 PM.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                              X