St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BoylenOver
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 9146

    #61
    Cards take the first two games in Cincinnati and have Wainwright on the hill today.

    What was Phillips thinking, calling the Cards "little bitches"? He sealed his team's doom with those statements.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

    Comment

    • Green Monstah
      Royal Rooter
      • Aug 2010
      • 13970

      #62
      Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
      Cards take the first two games in Cincinnati and have Wainwright on the hill today.

      What was Phillips thinking, calling the Cards "little bitches"? He sealed his team's doom with those statements.

      I saw most of the "brawl" (i.e., when Molina and Phillips had words and the benches cleared), but I didn't see what happened when things got really heated. Did Carpenter go after Rolen?
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

      "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

      Comment

      • Clark Addison
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10314

        #63
        Watching a Reds-Cardinals brawl is like watching Nazi Germany invade the Soviet Union. You're not sure who to root for.

        Or maybe that's just me.

        Comment

        • pellegrino
          miserere me
          • Jan 2009
          • 12100

          #64
          Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
          Watching a Reds-Cardinals brawl is like watching Nazi Germany invade the Soviet Union. You're not sure who to root for.

          Or maybe that's just me.
          what do you mean? You can cheer for whoever hits the hardest. Having no dog in the fight can make the fight all the more enjoyable.
          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
          Alessandro Manzoni

          Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

          pelagius

          Comment

          • HBCoug
            Peanut Gallery Asshat
            • Dec 2008
            • 2082

            #65
            Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
            Cards take the first two games in Cincinnati and have Wainwright on the hill today.

            What was Phillips thinking, calling the Cards "little bitches"? He sealed his team's doom with those statements.
            I fear the powers of Arroyo's mini mullet. He always seems to shut down out offense (last game in STL notwithstanding). Wainwright has been sick since the break though (really all year) so a sweep wouldn't shock me.

            Comment

            • BoylenOver
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 9146

              #66
              Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
              Watching a Reds-Cardinals brawl is like watching Nazi Germany invade the Soviet Union. You're not sure who to root for.

              Or maybe that's just me.
              It must be tough when you're Albania.
              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

              Comment

              • bag
                Junior Member
                • Jul 2009
                • 148

                #67
                Wow, it's been a while since I've visited the Cardinals thread (I think I even started this thread...hmm).

                The series against the Reds was awesome. Stupid Phillips. What an idiot. I LOVED Yadi hitting a homer in that game just to twist the knife a bit. Awesome. Did you see the reaction to the outfilder as he watched the ball go over the fence? He was pissed. That series meant something.

                I really hope this starts a domino effect and helps the Cards get a few games on the Reds in ths standings. I could see this hurting a young team like the Reds. We'll see I guess.

                Comment

                • Bastage
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 298

                  #68
                  Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                  What was Phillips thinking, calling the Cards "little bitches"?
                  When did Jorge Posada get traded to St. Louis?

                  Comment

                  • bag
                    Junior Member
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 148

                    #69
                    I thought I'd throw out a little Adam Wainwright love today.

                    Here is where he stands in the following categories in both the majors and the National League:

                    MLB NL

                    Wins 1 (tied) 1 (tied)
                    ERA 2 2
                    WHIP 2 1
                    Strikeouts 8 3

                    Not bad. He'd actually only .02 in ERA and 10 strikeouts away from taking the triple crown (so to speak) in pitching in the NL.

                    Comment

                    • bag
                      Junior Member
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 148

                      #70
                      Originally posted by bag View Post
                      I thought I'd throw out a little Adam Wainwright love today.

                      Here is where he stands in the following categories in both the majors and the National League:

                      MLB NL

                      Wins 1 (tied) 1 (tied)
                      ERA 2 2
                      WHIP 2 1
                      Strikeouts 8 3

                      Not bad. He'd actually only .02 in ERA and 10 strikeouts away from taking the triple crown (so to speak) in pitching in the NL.
                      Well, the format of that table doesn't look very good. It looked better before I posted it. Oh well.

                      Comment

                      • HBCoug
                        Peanut Gallery Asshat
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 2082

                        #71
                        Originally posted by bag View Post
                        I thought I'd throw out a little Adam Wainwright love today.

                        Here is where he stands in the following categories in both the majors and the National League:

                        MLB NL

                        Wins 1 (tied) 1 (tied)
                        ERA 2 2
                        WHIP 2 1
                        Strikeouts 8 3

                        Not bad. He'd actually only .02 in ERA and 10 strikeouts away from taking the triple crown (so to speak) in pitching in the NL.
                        Wainwright is a stud. The JD Drew/Eli Marerro for Marquis/King/Wainwright was easily Jocketty's best move during his STL tenure. All too often under Jocketty, the Cardinals give up the young talent for established overpriced veterans as that is who LaRussa has typically preferred to play over the years. Thankfully JD Drew couldn't coexist with Tony, and the rest is history. Scary to think that if we hadn't gotten absolutely fleeced by Billy Beane in that Dan Haren/Barton/Calero for Mulder deal, we'd have a 1-2-3 of Wainwright, Haren, and Carp. I would've liked to see us add a decent bat, preferably up the middle as the Ryan/Skip/Miles platoon is going to kill us eventually, but there's no doubt this team is peaking at the right time. The schedule looks great with all of the tough games against the NL West at home while Cincinnati takes three trips out to the West coast still.
                        Last edited by HBCoug; 08-13-2010, 02:27 PM.

                        Comment

                        • bag
                          Junior Member
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 148

                          #72
                          Yeah, I wish they picked up a bat too. Westbrook was probably a good pick up, but getting rid of Ludwick and not picking up another hitter has me a little worried. They seem to be handling it ok at the moment, but I'm not sure if they have the offense to really compete in the post season. I hope I'm wrong.

                          Comment

                          • HBCoug
                            Peanut Gallery Asshat
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 2082

                            #73
                            4 straight losses to pathetic NL Central teams. The team can't hit for shit. At least Big Mac is a perfectly qualified major league hitting coach.

                            Comment

                            • BoylenOver
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 9146

                              #74
                              Cards are done. Reds give up 33 runs in a 3-game series and win 2 out of 3; Cards give up 11 and lose 2 out of 3.

                              Huge disappointment.
                              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                              Comment

                              • filsdepac
                                No pun intended
                                • May 2009
                                • 1823

                                #75
                                Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                                Cards are done. Reds give up 33 runs in a 3-game series and win 2 out of 3; Cards give up 11 and lose 2 out of 3.

                                Huge disappointment.
                                ? Not sure if you're talking about the most recent series, but Reds gave up 37 runs and LOST 2 out of three, should've lost all 3. Hopefully both continue to lose.
                                Last edited by filsdepac; 08-26-2010, 09:25 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...