St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bag
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 148

    #106
    Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
    that's awesome! Go Cubs!
    First of all, the Cardinals will still end up ahead of the Cubs, so cheer if you'd like. Oh, and, Cubs suck!

    Comment

    • bag
      Junior Member
      • Jul 2009
      • 148

      #107
      Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
      Tommy John surgery for Waino. Goddammit.
      Yeah, that's not good.

      Comment

      • BoylenOver
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 9146

        #108
        I have no idea what to expect from the Redbirds this year. I'd say between 85-90 wins and a division title if I was optimistic; it will probably be closer to 75-80 wins and finishing 6 games out of a wild card. I'd love to see Freese and Rasmus take the next step in their development.
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

        Comment

        • LA Coug
          Junior Member
          • Jan 2011
          • 104

          #109
          Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
          I have no idea what to expect from the Redbirds this year. I'd say between 85-90 wins and a division title if I was optimistic; it will probably be closer to 75-80 wins and finishing 6 games out of a wild card. I'd love to see Freese and Rasmus take the next step in their development.
          tough to replace the pitching they've lost to injury

          Comment

          • BoylenOver
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 9146

            #110
            Originally posted by LA Coug View Post
            tough to replace the pitching they've lost to injury
            Waino was a Cy Young contender last year. I have a ton of faith in Dave Duncan to coach up whatever strays we've got at the back end of the rotation (currently Kyle Lohse and Kyle McLellan), but considering how tight that division race will be, we'll miss those 4-5 extra wins he provides.

            It also puts a ton of pressure on Jaime Garcia and Jake Westbrook, two guys who did alright as 3rd and 4th starters last year, but are now bumped up.
            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

            Comment

            • BoylenOver
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 9146

              #111
              Awesome outing from Jaime Garcia yesterday.

              Also, for all of you who play fantasy baseball: buy low on that Pujols guy.
              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

              Comment

              • BoylenOver
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 9146

                #112
                last night sucked. Garcia played well; Rasmus hit well; the defense made some very good plays to get 26 outs; Miguel Batista had the huge K to end the 8th. But Franklin shits the bed, and Rasmus busted his ass to get the Tejada hit but couldn't hold on.

                It's going to be a long-ass season.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                Comment

                • BoylenOver
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 9146

                  #113
                  If the last two days are any indication, Matt Holliday is more important to the 2011 Cardinals than Pujols. 15 runs in 6 games without Holliday; 14 runs in just under 3 games with Holliday.
                  "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                  "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                  Comment

                  • BoylenOver
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 9146

                    #114
                    I'll be seeing the Cards in San Diego on the 23rd or the 24th. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also very happy to see how cheap tickets are.
                    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                    Comment

                    • BoylenOver
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 9146

                      #115
                      Getting swept by the Reds was a huge disappointment, but it is equally exciting to see us win these low-scoring games against the Phils, possibly the best rotation in baseball. Garcia deserved the win tonight, but a bad error in the 8th led to a run.
                      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                      Comment

                      • BoylenOver
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 9146

                        #116
                        St Louis gets their first sweep of the season, and it couldn't happen to a more-deserving team. Albert Pujols with two walk-off home runs (4 total). Love it.
                        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                        Comment

                        • Clark Addison
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10314

                          #117
                          Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                          St Louis gets their first sweep of the season, and it couldn't happen to a more-deserving team. Albert Pujols with two walk-off home runs (4 total). Love it.
                          I hate you all.

                          Comment

                          • MartyFunkhouser
                            Disciple of RNGesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 18759

                            #118
                            Tony Larussa is proof that you don't have to be a good manager to manage 5,000 games.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

                            Comment

                            • BoylenOver
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 9146

                              #119
                              Cards got a lot worse today, trading away Rasmus for 2 1/2 months of Edwin Jackson, two average bullpen arms (that probably don't get re-signed), and Corey Patterson.

                              Horribly short-sighted.
                              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                              Comment

                              • HBCoug
                                Peanut Gallery Asshat
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 2082

                                #120
                                Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                                Cards got a lot worse today, trading away Rasmus for 2 1/2 months of Edwin Jackson, two average bullpen arms (that probably don't get re-signed), and Corey Patterson.

                                Horribly short-sighted.
                                Awful trade. Another in the long list of players with whom LaRussa couldn't coexist. Colby was a knucklehead, but he was a pretty damned talented knucklehead. Edwin Jackson? I assume they move McClellan back to the pen now.

                                Comment

                                Working...