No announcement yet.

Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers starting to figure things out. 9 of 11. McGee might be most improved in the league. Chandler has been the perfect backup. Rondo getting hurt is a blessing in disguise IMO. Bron is pushing Zo to be more aggressive and it's paying dividends. He's already a terrific defender and shooting looks better. Though I still don't get the swish or airball extremes. Still need consistency out of Ingram and Kuzma. But this team is trending up.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• i thought the rondo injury might be a blessing in disguise. ball is ridiculously good at basketball, but he needs to figure out the shooting. kuzma and ingram are going to frustrate lebron all year long with their inconsistent play.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Lakers are interesting. after losing two straight, they got a nice win against a good indiana team - albeit with oladipo out. LeBron took 27 shots, Ingram 15 and everybody else took less than 10. doesn't take a genius to know that if the Lakers want to be at their best, that is about what the FGA disparity should look like. lebron should be taking about double that of anybody else on the team. however, LeBron take that many shots every game, he likely wears himself out this year and it may take a toll for future seasons - and it seems his LAL career is not about this year in anyway - it's going to be about 2019-20 and the following season.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Merry Xmas!!
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Merry Xmas!!
            Thanks! My Laker obsessed in laws just finished watching the most boring game of the day. Now we can watch a real basketball game.

Comment

• I really really hope the Pelicans don't take the Laker's offer. They are bidding against themselves. I doubt AD will be as expensive this summer even with more teams in the mix.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                I really really hope the Pelicans don't take the Laker's offer. They are bidding against themselves. I doubt AD will be as expensive this summer even with more teams in the mix.
                I think I saw something on Twitter saying that the Lakers had withdrawn from the AD sweepstakes.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Magic quit. Yay.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Wow. That is good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Magic quit. Yay.
                      You believe Magic here?

Johnson made the announcement immediately after coach Luke Walton's pregame comments, adding that he had not yet informed team owner Jeanie Buss of his intentions to step down.

"I couldn't face [Buss] to tell her," Johnson admitted while referring to her as "my sister."
                      https://www.nba.com/article/2019/04/...kers-president
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        I hope it's not true. It's a terrible look for anyone, let alone an executive to not man up and resign in person.

Bucher said Magic quit because he needs to feel beloved and liked and the fans had turned on him. I agree with a lot of that. Magic cares about his legacy. After landing LeBron he failed in virtually every aspect of his job.

Hopefully Pelinka is next and they make a Godfather offer to West. Also hearing David Griffin could be a possibility. Anyone but Ernie Grunfeld would be an improvement.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Magic quit. Yay.
                          I am shocked this didn't work out. Everything that Magic has done after his playing career has been an unqualified success including late night talk show host, coach, and announcer.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• IMG_3184.JPG
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Vogel is a pretty good hire, imo. kidd as an assistant certainly has the potential to turn it into a dumpster fire.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                Vogel is a pretty good hire, imo. kidd as an assistant certainly has the potential to turn it into a dumpster fire.
                                I like Vogel better than Lue, Williams or any of the other guys they interviewed. Wish Kidd wasn't a part of it.
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X