Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HBCoug
    Peanut Gallery Asshat
    • Dec 2008
    • 2082

    #2821
    I'll be absolutely shocked if they win in Atlanta. I'll be even more shocked if they lose to the Jazz on Friday @ Staples.

    Comment

    • Blueintheface
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 15382

      #2822
      Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
      I'll be absolutely shocked if they win in Atlanta. I'll be even more shocked if they lose to the Jazz on Friday @ Staples.
      You and 95% of the Jazz fanbase.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

      Comment

      • scottie
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 5247

        #2823
        Kobe gets his extension (3 years):



        David Locked tweeted that it's 3 years, $90 million.

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37987

          #2824
          Originally posted by scottie View Post
          Kobe gets his extension (3 years):



          David Locked tweeted that it's 3 years, $90 million.
          That's obscene! :yikes:
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #2825
            Boring game.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • Fiyero
              Banned
              • Nov 2008
              • 5266

              #2826
              There's a simple explanation for this:

              No matter how down the Lakers are, they always approach the Jazz like its their bowl game.

              Comment

              • Surfah
                Where's Wallace?
                • Nov 2008
                • 33726

                #2827
                Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                There's a simple explanation for this:

                No matter how down the Lakers are, they always approach the Jazz like its their bowl game.
                A better explanation, the Lakers aren't down. The Jazz are simply their bitches.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

                Comment

                • Hot Lunch
                  Out of Office
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7842

                  #2828
                  Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                  There's a simple explanation for this:

                  No matter how down the Lakers are, they always approach the Jazz like its their bowl game.
                  You are starting to sound like a BYU fan. I swear I have heard that every team BYU plays treats them like their bowl game
                  "Take it to the Bank"

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #2829
                    Kobe's extension now totally precludes the inevitable and tedious "opt out" distraction that always follows high profile FAs. The Lakers have a nice core for the next several years and it is good to see Kobe take yet another step towards total enlightenment....skip the youthful drama and sign the extension now.

                    http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,2949159.story

                    On the flip side, how does this affect LBJ's inevitable move out West? I don't think it does. This article is interesting, but focused on the wrong time frame. Lebron was never a candidate to come out West now. He won't get to LA until after Kobe leaves. That being said, the article isnt overly flattering about Lebron.

                    Kobe Bryant has signed a three-year, $90 million contract extension with the Los Angeles Lakers. It will ensure his tenure ends with the same team it began with, and it should put to rest any talk of LeBron James coming out west...


                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #2830
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Kobe's extension now totally precludes the inevitable and tedious "opt out" distraction that always follows high profile FAs. The Lakers have a nice core for the next several years and it is good to see Kobe take yet another step towards total enlightenment....skip the youthful drama and sign the extension now.

                      http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,2949159.story

                      On the flip side, how does this affect LBJ's inevitable move out West? I don't think it does. This article is interesting, but focused on the wrong time frame. Lebron was never a candidate to come out West now. He won't get to LA until after Kobe leaves. That being said, the article isnt overly flattering about Lebron.

                      Kobe Bryant has signed a three-year, $90 million contract extension with the Los Angeles Lakers. It will ensure his tenure ends with the same team it began with, and it should put to rest any talk of LeBron James coming out west...


                      Henry Abbot had a nice article about this on TrueHoop.

                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #2831
                        when Lebron signs with Cleveland or the less likely possibility of some other team, how many years will he get on his new deal?
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #2832
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          when Lebron signs with Cleveland or the less likely possibility of some other team, how many years will he get on his new deal?
                          I am not sure. I know it's dependent upon how many years a player has been in the league and then it's a percentage of the cap. But he needs to max this one because I don't think the new CBA will be as generous.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • cougjunkie
                            *Banned*
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 23223

                            #2833
                            spurs have now won 5 of 6 with wins over cleveland, boston, orlando, houston and the lakers. Their one loss to new jersey. Wtf?
                            *Banned*

                            Comment

                            • HBCoug
                              Peanut Gallery Asshat
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 2082

                              #2834
                              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              spurs have now won 5 of 6 with wins over cleveland, boston, orlando, houston and the lakers. Their one loss to new jersey. Wtf?
                              That's an impressive stretch. Stay out of the 8 spot please.

                              Comment

                              • Blueintheface
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 15382

                                #2835
                                On the "Testicles-the-size-of-grapefruits" story front: Jackson criticizes the refs.

                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                                "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                                Comment

                                Working...