X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    That's just mean.

I miss Phil Jackson so much.
    It's mind boggling. You just invested your life savings on a G5 and you filled the gas tank with milk.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
      It's mind boggling. You just invested your life savings on a G5 and you filled the gas tank with milk.
      I know.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

2/10 from the free throw line? That's amazing.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          2/10 from the free throw line? That's amazing.
          And his backup is 1-6.
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

How does nash only have 3 dimes? What kind of sets are they running?
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              How does nash only have 3 dimes? What kind of sets are they running?
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Barkley:

I want Dean Smith's offense. I want my accountant from Princeton.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Too bad Shaquille is still ruining Inside the NBA.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                    Barkley:

I <3 Barkley
                    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                      Barkley:

The offense is terrible. Last year they averaged 97 points. That's the lowest for a Lakers team in like 57 years. This year they're looking to repeat that (especially if they shoot FTs like they did last night). Brown hired Eddie Jordan to run the offense this offseason. Brown is supposed to be a defensive guru, but his defense is equally bad. No rotation and weakside help. Perimeter defense sucks. Pick and roll defense sucks. So if he can't coach the offense and his defense sucks too, why the hell is he coaching at all?

I wouldn't mind a few more losses like this if it means that the Lakers move Brown.
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

The offense is terrible. Last year they averaged 97 points. That's the lowest for a Lakers team in like 57 years. This year they're looking to repeat that (especially if they shoot FTs like they did last night). Brown hired Eddie Jordan to run the offense this offseason. Brown is supposed to be a defensive guru, but his defense is equally bad. No rotation and weakside help. Perimeter defense sucks. Pick and roll defense sucks. So if he can't coach the offense and his defense sucks too, why the hell is he coaching at all?

I wouldn't mind a few more losses like this if it means that the Lakers move Brown.
                        I thought I heard that Darvin Ham is an assistant? Is that correct?
                        I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                          I thought I heard that Darvin Ham is an assistant? Is that correct?
                          Yes. He joined the Lakers staff last year.
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes. He joined the Lakers staff last year.
                            That had to be a Mike Brown hiring, correct? I am not sure what he can teach...he is a perfect example of making millions from athleticism alone. The best thing that ever happened to Darvin Ham was shattering the back board.
                            I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                              That had to be a Mike Brown hiring, correct? I am not sure what he can teach...he is a perfect example of making millions from athleticism alone. The best thing that ever happened to Darvin Ham was shattering the back board.
                              Yes. He parlayed that dunk into a decent NBA run. How? I have no clue because he couldn't do anything else.

The only guy I really like on the Lakers staff is Chuck Person. They also hired Bernie Bickerstaff this summer when Quinn Snyder and that Italian League coach both left.

The Sports Junkies here in DC this morning were ripping on Brown. Hopefully that kind of talk will grow all over until he is gone.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Steph Curry gets a 4 yr, $44 M extension. Good deal for GS if his ankles can ever heal. But they're now banking on Curry and Bogut being healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X