Survivor Pool Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DrumNFeather
    Invisible Swordsman
    • Nov 2008
    • 8854

    #1

    Survivor Pool Thread

    So, I don't want to go through all the hullabaloo of creating a survivor pool group on yahoo or anything, so I figured we could just dedicate a thread to it.

    I've never done one before so someone could help me out on the details. Basically you choose one NFL team a week as a winner and you cannot choose the same team twice and you just go through the season until the team you choose knocks you out of the competition. Nothing on the line here but bragging rights and fun.

    So if you want in, reply to this thread with your week 1 team and then every week just reply to your first post with your new team.

    Sound like a plan?

    If there are any other details I'm missing someone can feel free to educate me. If you don't plan on picking the Saints or Packers, you can wait until the weekend to make your selection should you need to do any research.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
  • DrumNFeather
    Invisible Swordsman
    • Nov 2008
    • 8854

    #2
    I hope I don't get knocked out in week 1:

    Cleveland over Cincy
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

    Comment

    • Flystripper
      Degenerate Gambler
      • Nov 2008
      • 14094

      #3
      Arizona over Carolina
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #4
        San Francisco over Seattle
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • BoylenOver
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 9146

          #5
          New England over Miami
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

          Comment

          • FN Phat
            I ♥ gateway sex
            • Feb 2009
            • 8691

            #6
            Kansas City over Buffalo
            I'm your huckleberry.


            "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

            Comment

            • San Juan Sun
              Kicked to the curb
              • Dec 2009
              • 9214

              #7
              Houston over Indianapolis
              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

              - Ty Cobb

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #8
                if anyone wants in a money survivor pool I have a buddy that runs one. It is $20 per team and the pot is usually north of 2K.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • DrumNFeather
                  Invisible Swordsman
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8854

                  #9
                  Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  if anyone wants in a money survivor pool I have a buddy that runs one. It is $20 per team and the pot is usually north of 2K.
                  Wow that's a lot of scratch.
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                  Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                  Comment

                  • Mormon Red Death
                    BYU Delenda Est
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8077

                    #10
                    Kansas City is my pick.
                    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

                    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

                    Comment

                    • Mormon Red Death
                      BYU Delenda Est
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 8077

                      #11
                      Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                      Wow that's a lot of scratch.
                      i have heard of ones that are $100 entry fees and pay out 150k
                      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

                      "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

                      Comment

                      • scottie
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5247

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                        i have heard of ones that are $100 entry fees and pay out 150k
                        I'd be all over that. PM me if you know how I could get in on it.

                        Comment

                        • hostile
                          lollygagger
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 5736

                          #13
                          Cleveland over Cincy

                          (could be a short pool)
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                          "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                          Comment

                          • Mormon Red Death
                            BYU Delenda Est
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 8077

                            #14
                            Originally posted by scottie View Post
                            I'd be all over that. PM me if you know how I could get in on it.
                            [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?name=20080114/160large"]160 LARGE - ESPN The Magazine[/ame] is where I read about it. I never found one though.
                            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

                            "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

                            Comment

                            • Color Me Badd Fan
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 12519

                              #15
                              Houston over Indy.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                              Comment

                              Working...