Survivor Pool Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FN Phat
    I ♥ gateway sex
    • Feb 2009
    • 8691

    #31
    Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
    Kansas City over Buffalo
    Well, it was fun while it lasted fellas
    I'm your huckleberry.


    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #32
      Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
      Well, it was fun while it lasted fellas
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #33
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Tampa Bay Buccaneers over Detroit Lions
        That was fun!
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • CardiacCoug
          вот так штука
          • Nov 2008
          • 11013

          #34
          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          I have 2 teams and took Cleveland over Cincy and Arizona over Carolina.
          Those seemed like safe picks against rookie QBs. Too bad. AZ could still win.

          Comment

          • DrumNFeather
            Invisible Swordsman
            • Nov 2008
            • 8854

            #35
            I'm out too...I'm looking forward to the second chance Survivor pool.
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

            Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #36
              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              .
              Sorry Coach.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • Color Me Badd Fan
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2009
                • 12519

                #37
                Wow, is it normal for over 1/3 of the people in one of these things to be out the first week. We only have 9 people who made it through today. Two people picked the Pats over the Phins.

                Next week's schedule is looking a bit tougher, but a couple games stand out to me.

                I'm going with Pittsburgh over Seattle. I think Pittsburgh is going to be middle of the road this year and I think that Cleveland and Cincy are both frisky, so I'm not sure how many gimmes we'll have with Pittsburgh this year.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                Comment

                • Drunk Tank
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 2569

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                  Chargers over Vikings.
                  :rockon2:
                  "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

                  Comment

                  • San Juan Sun
                    Kicked to the curb
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 9214

                    #39
                    Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                    Wow, is it normal for over 1/3 of the people in one of these things to be out the first week. We only have 9 people who made it through today. Two people picked the Pats over the Phins.

                    Next week's schedule is looking a bit tougher, but a couple games stand out to me.
                    You're welcome. You, CardiacCoug, and Tick are free to gravy train off my pick this week too. I'm glad that I got 4/9 into week two.
                    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                    - Ty Cobb

                    Comment

                    • cougjunkie
                      *Banned*
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 23223

                      #40
                      We have 132 teams in our survivor pool. 38 went down last night, if New England loses we could lsoe another 10-15.

                      On top of that if Arizona would have lost, it would have been down to about 50 teams.
                      *Banned*

                      Comment

                      • Flystripper
                        Degenerate Gambler
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14094

                        #41
                        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        We have 132 teams in our survivor pool. 38 went down last night, if New England loses we could lsoe another 10-15.

                        On top of that if Arizona would have lost, it would have been down to about 50 teams.
                        I had the same picks you did. I was really sweating that AZ game. I should have known to never take the Browns for anything ever.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

                        Comment

                        • Color Me Badd Fan
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 12519

                          #42
                          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          We have 132 teams in our survivor pool. 38 went down last night, if New England loses we could lsoe another 10-15.

                          On top of that if Arizona would have lost, it would have been down to about 50 teams.
                          How many weeks does it take to get a winner? 50 teams if AZ would have lost? You want to keep Green Bay, Philly, NO, NE and the Jets in your back pocket for as long as possible, but does it usually go beyond 12 teams which would require one to pick a non-playoff team?
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                          Comment

                          • BoylenOver
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 9146

                            #43
                            Thank you Mr. Brady.

                            Week 2 pick:
                            Steelers over Seahawks
                            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                            Comment

                            • Flystripper
                              Degenerate Gambler
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14094

                              #44
                              Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                              Arizona over Carolina
                              week 2

                              Cleveland over Indy
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

                              Comment

                              • Flystripper
                                Degenerate Gambler
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 14094

                                #45
                                I am really tempted to go Cleveland over Indy next week in the money pool but cleveland screwed me over last week in the opener so I am down to one team already....CLeveland over Indy should be safe right?
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

                                Comment

                                Working...