Official Women's World Cup Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Green Monstah
    Royal Rooter
    • Aug 2010
    • 13955

    #16
    Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
    Their average age is 20, perv.
    That is even worse. They should be in their prime years of attractiveness.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

    Comment

    • Green Monstah
      Royal Rooter
      • Aug 2010
      • 13955

      #17
      Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      Proud yes, but not at all surprised.

      Your talk of being impressed at a young age got me to thinking. I remember about the time I was 12 they had the Summer Olympics in Munich where the U.S. lost the gold medal game to the USSR after three do-overs to end the game. Oh the injustice of it all.
      You were really born in 1960? For some reason, I had you pegged as mid-30s in my mind's eye.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

      "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

      Comment

      • happyone
        Board Bookworm
        • Mar 2009
        • 5398

        #18
        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Proud yes, but not at all surprised.

        Your talk of being impressed at a young age got me to thinking. I remember about the time I was 12 they had the Summer Olympics in Munich where the U.S. lost the gold medal game to the USSR after three do-overs to end the game. Oh the injustice of it all.
        I actually attended the Munich Olympics We originally had tickets to the soccar finals, but with the Massacre it pushed everything back and Dad traded those tickets for tickets to the prelims of mens hammer and high jump. That was in the afternoon. That evening we sat on the hill overlooking the stadium and watched the finals of the 400 - with good binoculars you could see about half of the track. I still have the ticket stubs somewhere as well as some nick nacks.
        Last edited by happyone; 06-30-2011, 03:32 PM.

        I may be small, but I'm slow.

        A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

        Comment

        • BoylenOver
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 9146

          #19
          Dominating performance from the USWNT today. O'Reilly's goal to open the scoring was fantastic.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

          Comment

          • hostile
            lollygagger
            • Dec 2009
            • 5736

            #20
            Great match by the US today against Brazil. Playing most of the second half down a player and scoring the equalizer in the final seconds of extra time to force penalty kicks.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

            "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

            Comment

            • San Juan Sun
              Kicked to the curb
              • Dec 2009
              • 9214

              #21
              Originally posted by hostile View Post
              Great match by the US today against Brazil. Playing most of the second half down a player and scoring the equalizer in the final seconds of extra time to force penalty kicks.
              I never thought I'd have a comment on women's soccer, but I saw the recap on ESPN and it got me pumped. I can cheer for the US in anything.
              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

              - Ty Cobb

              Comment

              • pellegrino
                miserere me
                • Jan 2009
                • 12100

                #22
                that result makes me very happy. I was most pleased to see O'Reilly back in the lineup. She's worked so hard over her career and I would really like to see her play on a WC championship team this year.
                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                Alessandro Manzoni

                Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                pelagius

                Comment

                • EuropeanFootballMale
                  Karate/Friendship Master
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 1339

                  #23
                  Awesome game. The best part was nearly everyone in the stadium turning on the Brazilian team after all the crap they pulled. Marta was booed every time she was on the ball for most of the game. Wasn't just the US fans either. Pretty much everyone not waving a Brazilian flag. Bring on Le Bleu.

                  Comment

                  • LiveCoug
                    LA Ute loves me
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18488

                    #24
                    I knew I made a mistake by just recording the length of time allotted in the Dish guide. My DVR finked out right after Brazil went up 2-1. I thought it was done. I want to see highlights.

                    Comment

                    • EuropeanFootballMale
                      Karate/Friendship Master
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 1339

                      #25
                      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      I knew I made a mistake by just recording the length of time allotted in the Dish guide. My DVR finked out right after Brazil went up 2-1. I thought it was done. I want to see highlights.
                      You can watch it on espn3 if you get that

                      Comment

                      • myboynoah
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 21719

                        #26
                        That was pretty cool. GO USA!!!
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                        Comment

                        • UtahDan
                          *
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14496

                          #27


                          Hope Solo. She was great.

                          Comment

                          • Donuthole
                            Official Outgayer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 25266

                            #28
                            Originally posted by UtahDan View Post

                            Hope Solo. She was great.
                            Meh.

                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Meh.

                              Thanks for ruining her for me.

                              That was pretty exciting, for soccer. I can't wait for the highlights on Sportscenter after the next game.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • The_Tick
                                Made something of myself
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7291

                                #30
                                Sure was glad I skipped Church to watch that match. Fantastic.

                                Comment

                                Working...