The Official Jimmerphilia Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #4291
    Originally posted by snowcat View Post
    Can we please get the Andre pics out of this thread. Maybe someone can create a homeless ex-utes thread on UB5.
    You should be a student of this thread. On CUF/CS Jimmer and Miller are connected for time and all eternity. #SJBH
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

    Comment

    • creekster
      It is NOT a monkey!
      • Nov 2008
      • 22661

      #4292
      SO what is better? To capture the public's imagination in the Jimmer way, or to have a longer workmanlike career but fade into obscurity before the career is even over? Burn bright and brief or very dim and slow?
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18747

        #4293
        Originally posted by creekster View Post
        SO what is better? To capture the public's imagination in the Jimmer way, or to have a longer workmanlike career but fade into obscurity before the career is even over? Burn bright and brief or very dim and slow?
        I see what you are doing here and I'm not going to engage.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • Joe Public
          8.1 YPC
          • Apr 2011
          • 8524

          #4294
          Originally posted by creekster View Post
          SO what is better? To capture the public's imagination in the Jimmer way, or to have a longer workmanlike career but fade into obscurity before the career is even over? Burn bright and brief or very dim and slow?
          Whichever has the higher career earnings.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

          "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

          Comment

          • jay santos
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 13652

            #4295
            I don't remember Andre Miller draining 92 out of 100 free throws for charity.

            Comment

            • Lost Student
              BAND!
              • Nov 2008
              • 4324

              #4296
              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              I don't remember Andre Miller draining 92 out of 100 free throws for charity.
              I don't remember Jimmer doing that, either. What I do remember (since I read it not 5 minutes ago) is even more impressive: draining 92 out of 100 3-pointers for charity.

              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

              Comment

              • Commando
                Explosivo
                • Feb 2009
                • 20748

                #4297
                That is actually pretty f*king nuts. 92 out of 100 three point shots from the corner no less?
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                Comment

                • myboynoah
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 21719

                  #4298
                  The Lonely Master: From March Madness to Shanghai, the unlikely journey of Jimmer Fredette

                  Jimmer is still just awesome.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                  For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                  Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #4299
                    That's a fantastic read. Still love that guy.

                    Comment

                    • Pelado
                      Bald not naked
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 21139

                      #4300
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      That's a fantastic read. Still love that guy.
                      Amen.

                      Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 37975

                        #4301
                        Good read, but I have to disagree with the point that Jimmer has no rhythm and looks lost in the Brandon Davies video. Everyone knows Jimmer got moves!
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Flystripper
                          Degenerate Gambler
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14089

                          #4302
                          I miss watching Jimmer Fredette.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

                          Comment

                          • Northwestcoug
                            Cocked and Loaded
                            • May 2011
                            • 18016

                            #4303
                            Good read. I was hoping the article would end with him scoring 30 and winning the game.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

                            Comment

                            • old_gregg
                              scaly man fish
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 16915

                              #4304
                              that shot of whitney looking at him on the subway is great
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                              Comment

                              • Topper
                                Pre-Historic Man
                                • Nov 2011
                                • 11764

                                #4305
                                Jimo Dashen, you go. Loved his attitude and the way he performed his senior season.

                                Is the LDS church the whitest church for an organization of its size?

                                Last edited by Topper; 03-13-2018, 03:33 PM.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                                Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                                Comment

                                Working...