The Official Jimmerphilia Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SteelBlue
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8189

    #1486
    For a good laugh do a Jimmer Fredette search on Twitter today. It's basically hundreds of people coming the realization that what happened to Davies means that Jimmer isn't getting any.

    Comment

    • Blueintheface
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 15382

      #1487
      Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
      For a good laugh do a Jimmer Fredette search on Twitter today. It's basically hundreds of people coming the realization that what happened to Davies means that Jimmer isn't getting any.
      With your quote juxtaposed against EuropeanFootballMale's above yours it appears that Ainge was quite the Ladies man.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

      Comment

      • Non Sequitur
        Where did I put my bodkin
        • Nov 2008
        • 5773

        #1488
        How long has it been since Jimmer had a good game?

        Ever since Jimmer became "JIMMER", he has kind of sucked. He's getting points, but shooting a bad percentage and making a lot of turnovers. Every time he penetrates now, I cringe, because I know it's going to end badly. He needs to stop reading his press clippings and start playing smart and under control. I don't mean to be blasphemous, but the way he has been playing lately has really been hurting the team.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

        Comment

        • The_Tick
          Made something of myself
          • Nov 2008
          • 7295

          #1489
          Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
          How long has it been since Jimmer had a good game?

          Ever since Jimmer became "JIMMER", he has kind of sucked. He's getting points, but shooting a bad percentage and making a lot of turnovers. Every time he penetrates now, I cringe, because I know it's going to end badly. He needs to stop reading his press clippings and start playing smart and under control. I don't mean to be blasphemous, but the way he has been playing lately has really been hurting the team.
          He should be getting to the free throw line twice as much as he is currently. The refs aren't giving him shit for calls, because they are adjusting to his game.

          They aren't calling it consistant. What is a hand check on Jimmer doesn't get called. Then Emery gets called for the exact same thing next time down the floor.

          Comment

          • Non Sequitur
            Where did I put my bodkin
            • Nov 2008
            • 5773

            #1490
            Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
            He should be getting to the free throw line twice as much as he is currently. The refs aren't giving him shit for calls, because they are adjusting to his game.

            They aren't calling it consistant. What is a hand check on Jimmer doesn't get called. Then Emery gets called for the exact same thing next time down the floor.
            If Jimmer played under control, he would get a lot more calls.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #1491
              Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
              How long has it been since Jimmer had a good game?

              Ever since Jimmer became "JIMMER", he has kind of sucked. He's getting points, but shooting a bad percentage and making a lot of turnovers. Every time he penetrates now, I cringe, because I know it's going to end badly. He needs to stop reading his press clippings and start playing smart and under control. I don't mean to be blasphemous, but the way he has been playing lately has really been hurting the team.
              You arent entirely off on this.

              Nice attempted bank shot that missed the whole backboard last night.

              Not sure how much he is hurting the team, but there are definitely times when he tries to do too much or simply when his shot just isn't falling.

              Also, new rule....if he is going to pull up for those insane 45 foot 3s, no problem. He has earned that right. BUT.......get your tail back on defense immediately because when you miss (more often than not), it is a really long rebound that leads to a fast break with numbers for the other team.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #1492
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                You arent entirely off on this.

                Nice attempted bank shot that missed the whole backboard last night.

                Not sure how much he is hurting the team, but there are definitely times when he tries to do too much or simply when his shot just isn't falling.

                Also, new rule....if he is going to pull up for those insane 45 foot 3s, no problem. He has earned that right. BUT.......get your tail back on defense immediately because when you miss (more often than not), it is a really long rebound that leads to a fast break with numbers for the other team.
                I agree with NS and DDD to a point. I also agree with Tick. Jimmer is getting less calls which means he has 3-4 shots per game he gets legitimately fouled on that go down as misses instead of free throws. Earlier in the season he was getting those calls.

                In fact look at New Mex as an example, on 3 straight possessions at one point he was fouled going to the hole. Blatant easy calls that were being called on the other end. Jimmer finished 9-15 shooting inside the three point line. Of his 6 misses he was fouled on at least 3 that I remember. Yes he was off from deep but he could have easily shot 75% from inside the arc and even if he goes 1-9 behind it. His final numbers are 10-21 which is very respectable.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • old_gregg
                  scaly man fish
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 16915

                  #1493
                  just got a text from a member of the cheer squad, and jimmer has apparently not been sleeping since the decision.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                  Comment

                  • Non Sequitur
                    Where did I put my bodkin
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5773

                    #1494
                    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    I agree with NS and DDD to a point. I also agree with Tick. Jimmer is getting less calls which means he has 3-4 shots per game he gets legitimately fouled on that go down as misses instead of free throws. Earlier in the season he was getting those calls.

                    In fact look at New Mex as an example, on 3 straight possessions at one point he was fouled going to the hole. Blatant easy calls that were being called on the other end. Jimmer finished 9-15 shooting inside the three point line. Of his 6 misses he was fouled on at least 3 that I remember. Yes he was off from deep but he could have easily shot 75% from inside the arc and even if he goes 1-9 behind it. His final numbers are 10-21 which is very respectable.
                    He's definitely not getting the calls he got earlier in the season, but I think the reason for that is because he has played increasing more out of control as the season has gone on. If there is contact and the offensive player is out of control, the chances are good that the player will not get the call.
                    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                    Comment

                    • SteelBlue
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 8189

                      #1495
                      How spoiled are we this year? Yeah, his shot isn't falling like it was in Jan/Feb, but I'll never buy that he's hurting the team. He was the only reason we didn't lose by 40 last night. FWIW, I think he's always looked a little out of control even in his best games.

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #1496
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #1497
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Where is that?
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • Surfah
                            Where's Wallace?
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 33726

                            #1498
                            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            Where is that?
                            Wal-Mart somewhere. I have to imagine it is in Utah somewhere. There was a Ralph's or Vons in San Diego that did the same thing with the Aztec logo before the game last week.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #1499
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • kccougar
                                9262
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7020

                                #1500
                                Apparently, Great Britain has not fully embraced Jimmermania. In a UK newspaper about Brandon Davies and his girlfriend, Jimmer gets only a passing reference.

                                Jimmer Fredette, another team-mate, told the Salt Lake Tribune: 'He told us everything. He told us he was sorry and that he let us down.'
                                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                                Comment

                                Working...