2025 MLB

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37979

    #46
    lots of Dodgers fans in here!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • USUC
      Chronic Poseur
      • Apr 2010
      • 8790

      #47
      I'm rooting for Seattle above all, but the rest of my family are Dodgers fans. I'm still a bit perplexed by what happened on that bases loaded forced out double play pulled off by the Brewers.

      Comment

      • Northwestcoug
        Cocked and Loaded
        • May 2011
        • 18021

        #48
        Originally posted by USUC View Post
        I'm still a bit perplexed by what happened on that bases loaded forced out double play pulled off by the Brewers.
        so is Frelick.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

        Comment

        • Donuthole
          Official Outgayer
          • Nov 2008
          • 25267

          #49
          That double play was the flukiest play ever, but I can't think of a worse base-runner to have on third for the Dodgers in that scenario. That said, Will Smith on 2nd didn't exactly understand what was going on, and he's one of the smartest base runners. So I think that speaks to the level of confusion on that play. Another foot and that's a granny and the game isn't even close. Also, the Dodgers hit tons of hard-hit balls last night, but got extremely unlucky with BABIP.

          FWIW, last night's game felt like pretty much all of the regular-season games between the Dodgers and Brewers this year, as 4 of the 6 were decided by a single run. The big difference in the regular season was that the Brewers faced Kershaw twice, Glasnow twice, Yamomoto, and Sheehan each once. They never had to face Snell or Ohtani in the regular season, but they'll face each of them twice in this series.

          The one starter the Brewers did rough up in the regular season was Yamamoto, so tonight's game with Yama vs. Peralta has massive implications for how the rest of the series goes.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69689

            #50
            Man, that ending was intense.

            Playoff baseball is fun.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • Joe Public
              8.1 YPC
              • Apr 2011
              • 8524

              #51
              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

              so is Frelick.
              My middle schooler after reading his lips while the camera was on him immediately after the play: “He just said a bad word.”
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37979

                #52
                Originally posted by Joe Public View Post

                My middle schooler after reading his lips while the camera was on him immediately after the play: “He just said a bad word.”
                What did he think of Kalani's tirade against the refs after the fake targeting call on Saturday night?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Pelado
                  Bald not naked
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 21139

                  #53
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post

                  What did he think of Kalani's tirade against the refs after the fake targeting call on Saturday night?
                  I thought it was entirely appropriate.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

                  Comment

                  • happyone
                    Board Bookworm
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 5398

                    #54
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    lots of Dodgers fans in here!
                    guilty

                    The first baseball game I can remember ever watching (on TV) was the 1966 World Series and I became a Koufax/Dodgers fan

                    Been on ever since

                    I may be small, but I'm slow.

                    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37979

                      #55
                      Originally posted by happyone View Post

                      guilty

                      The first baseball game I can remember ever watching (on TV) was the 1966 World Series and I became a Koufax/Dodgers fan

                      Been on ever since
                      I'll bet you wish your pitching was better right about now. Dodgers are unhittable.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • happyone
                        Board Bookworm
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 5398

                        #56
                        I just hope some of the starters can stablize the bullpen - looking at Sasaki and maybe Kershaw

                        Though Treinen came through last night (Miracles still happen )

                        I may be small, but I'm slow.

                        A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37979

                          #57
                          I will say that the Dodgers "wave" is super gay.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • Joe Public
                            8.1 YPC
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 8524

                            #58
                            Roberts leaving the starter in for the 9th inning tonight. Let’s see how this goes. I was hoping he’d leave Snell in last night to finish that masterpiece of a game.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                            "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                            Comment

                            • Joe Public
                              8.1 YPC
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 8524

                              #59
                              So much better this year for Yamamoto.
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                              Comment

                              • happyone
                                Board Bookworm
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 5398

                                #60
                                I don't care how tired he was, he was probably better than anybody out of the bull pen!

                                He only threw 111 pitches

                                I may be small, but I'm slow.

                                A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                                Comment

                                Working...