Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

It's 100 - not 200. (j/k)
    Pick 4 golfers from the OWGR. Total combined ranking of your players has to add up to at least 100.
    Emphasis added

Do you think Johnny Vegas will make the cut? Why did he ever fall off the face of the Earth?
    I like him as much as anyone below 54, which is what I needed. He hasn't missed a cut since the beginning of May and finished T2 last week and T9 at Byron Nelson and 70 in FedEx Cup standings which may track current value better that OWGR, so worth a flyer. No idea why he took the dive he did.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

3 - Rahm
      16 - Berger
      39- Higgo
      43 - Scott
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

My picks were a total of +20 on the day - with Brother Uthole's format - I'm out on the front nine. No redemption on the morrow.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

My picks were a total of +20 on the day - with Brother Uthole's format - I'm out on the front nine. No redemption on the morrow.
          All your guys sucked yesterday, maybe it was the format that threw you off.

Comment

RC Vikings won this round. arguably the game worked as he is also the only one to have all four picks make the cut. I prorated Hovland's 2nd round to arrive at my score. Had I taken his 46 and averaged it with his first round, I would have won. But that would seem to defeat the purpose of the game. Note that none of the cuts had any scoring advantage over those who made the cut.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by Copelius; 06-20-2021, 09:15 PM.
            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Congrats to RC Vikings. He was rewarded for being the only one to select 4 players to make the cut.

Clack brought up the rear, but technically Cope got an incomplete, as Hovland didn't even finish his second round before withdrawing. I gave him his 1st round score (74) across the board because it didn't really matte2 in light of his other picks.

Attached Files
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by Donuthole; 06-20-2021, 09:33 PM.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                RC Vikings won this round. arguably the game worked as he is also the only one to have all four picks make the cut. I prorated Hovland's 2nd round to arrive at my score. Had I taken his 46 and averaged it with his first round, I would have won. But that would seem to defeat the purpose of the game. Note that none of the cuts had any scoring advantage over those who made the cut.
                We must have been working on this at the same time. But check your maths, bro.

Comment

I rounded up on averages because a half stroke is impossible. I also extrapolated the 83 for Hovland's second based on 46 in 10 upon him withdrawing.

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                    I rounded up on averages because a half stroke is impossible. I also extrapolated the 83 for Hovland's second based on 46 in 10 upon him withdrawing.
                    Scott shot a first round 70. Also, Kisner wasn’t cris final pick, but ended up scoring the same as Woodland. While nobody could score a half stroke in actual golf, scoring and betting games use half points all the time for tiebreak purposes.

Comment

A good time was had be all. RC gets to pick the format next month for The Open Open.

Comment

I'm sick of the drama of De Chambough. It's either feast or famine with him-- usually on the same hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          I'm sick of the drama of De Chambough. It's either feast or famine with him-- usually on the same hole.
                          I'm sick of the reverential TV treatment he gets. I'm sick of his putting stroke. I'm sick of his attitude. #TeamBrooks

Comment

I'm sick of the reverential TV treatment he gets. I'm sick of his putting stroke. I'm sick of his attitude. #TeamBrooks
                            I would have thought you’d like Bryson’s approach to the game, since you have experimented some unique things like your 7 wood.

I can’t stand Brooks. He seems like the ultimate frat boy asshole. Bryson’s no choir boy, and antagonizes a bit. But abrooks seems like the more egregious instigator.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                              I would have thought you’d like Bryson’s approach to the game, since you have experimented some unique things like your 7 wood.

I can’t stand Brooks. He seems like the ultimate frat boy asshole. Bryson’s no choir boy, and antagonizes a bit. But abrooks seems like the more egregious instigator.
                              They are opposite sides of the same coin. Can't stand either of em.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

At the range Saturday - I hit a couple with my driver shafted 7 wood. The ball goes straight up and comes down at 200 with a parachute. It feels really good to have a 100% confidence - 200 yard club in your bag. You're right though - I might have to put driver shafts in all my irons and see how that works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X