2021 US Open - You Pick "Em - Golf Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 US Open - You Pick "Em - Golf Talk

2021 is here - La Jolla - last played in 2008 with the epic showdown of Tiger and Rocco - with an 18 hole playoff on Monday. One of the best ever.

Some of our slower members couldn't figure out the double game for the PGA - so - I invite Brother Falawful of Brother Uthole to provide the format.

If they don't come through by Tuesday at 5 pm Pacific - I'll fall back to the format we had at the Masters.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
    2021 is here - La Jolla - last played in 2008 with the epic showdown of Tiger and Rocco - with an 18 hole playoff on Monday. One of the best ever.

Some of our slower members couldn't figure out the double game for the PGA - so - I invite Brother Falawful of Brother Uthole to provide the format.

If they don't come through by Tuesday at 5 pm Pacific - I'll fall back to the format we had at the Masters.
    Format proposal:

Pick 4 golfers from the OWGR. Total combined ranking of your players has to add up to at least 100.

Drop the worst score for each player. Tally the other three scores for each player. Low total score wins.

If your chosen player doesn’t make the cut, you add the average of the first two scores for the third score.

Eg you pick Gary Woodland. He shoots 74-76 and misses the cut. Your score for Gary is 74, 76, 75 for a total of 225. If the course plays significantly tougher over the weekend, this could work out in your favor.

You also picked Dustin Johnson. He shoots 69, 73, 74, 72. Drop the high score (74) and add the others together = 214

In all likelihood you are rewarded for guys who make the cut and who put together at least 3 good rounds.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I like it. But we are adding the three best scores for each of our 4 golfers for a total score, right? So we'd end up with a score in the 900s?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        I like it. But we are adding the three best scores for each of our 4 golfers for a total score, right? So we'd end up with a score in the 900s?
        Correct. I merely gave examples of how to add a players score if they miss the cut and if they make the cut.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Correct. I merely gave examples of how to add a players score if they miss the cut and if they make the cut.
          Right. Just wanted it to be clear. I approve the format.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So - the combined world rankings of your four picks - must equal 100. So - I pick my three favorite guys - figure out their combined rankings - then with that number established - cross reference the dude that has the ranking that matches my account balance. Easy Peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
              So - the combined world rankings of your four picks - must equal 100. So - I pick my three favorite guys - figure out their combined rankings - then with that number established - cross reference the dude that has the ranking that matches my account balance. Easy Peasy.
              And then hope the the 94th ranked player in the world doesn't crap the bed. Sounds like your strategy is set.

Comment

Link to the top 100

http://www.owgr.com/ranking

Comment

Rahm-3
                  Morikawa-4
                  Higgo-39
                  Kisner-51

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                    Rahm-3
                    Morikawa-4
                    Higgo-39
                    Kisner-51

Comment

Tony @ 14
                      Jordan @ 24
                      Zalatoris @ 29
                      J Rose @ 42

Total = 109>100
                      Last edited by clackamascoug; 06-14-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Dammit.
                        Rahm-3
                        Morikawa-4
                        Higgo-39
                        Woodland-57

Comment

1. D. Johnson
                          7. Patrick Cantley
                          24. Jordan Spieth
                          71. Branden Grace

Comment

Rahm-3
                            Mickelson-30
                            Hovland-13
                            Vegas-138
                            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                              Rahm-3
                              Mickelson-30
                              Hovland-13
                              Vegas-138
                              It's 100 - not 200. (j/k)

Do you think Johnny Vegas will make the cut? Why did he ever fall off the face of the Earth?

Comment

Working...
                              X