BYU Track and Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU Track and Field

Mantz got 2nd in the 10K last night. Probably kicked too early, but still did great.

Michael Bluth is awesome.

Got a few people into the finals on saturday, though not as many as hoped.

The real disappointment of the night is whoever designed those uniforms, especially the shorts. Mantz's ball was on full display during his run, and Marsing in the steeplechase had his full package swinging out there for minutes. Luckily it was in the uniform liner, but still...

I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Today will be an important day. Qualifying for the ladies. Hopefully they will avoid the wardrobe malfunctions, though the bummies that they wear are terrible, so there is always that possiblity.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        Today will be an important day. Qualifying for the ladies. Hopefully they will avoid the wardrobe malfunctions, though the bummies that they wear are terrible, so there is always that possiblity.
        starts at 4:30 utah time, right?
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

starts at 4:30 utah time, right?
          yes, on ESPN2

Schedule for today (times are PDT):
          3:46 p.m. Anna Camp-Bennett
          Kate Hunter
          Whittni Orton
          Women's 1500m (Semifinal) ESPN2/WatchESPN
          4:02 p.m. Sara Musselman
          Courtney Wayment
          Women's 3000m Steeplechase (Semifinal) ESPN2/WatchESPN
          5:14 p.m. Anna Camp-Bennett
          Claire Seymour
          Women's 800m (Semifinal) ESPN2/WatchESPN
          5:56 p.m. Dallin Vorkink Men's 1500m (Decathlon) ESPN2/WatchESPN
          6:48 p.m. BYU
          -Meghan Hunter
          -Lauren Ellsworth-Barnes
          -Claire Seymour
          -Alena Ellsworth
          Women's 4x400m (Semifinal) ESPN2/WatchESPN

Comment

My predictions - Camp-Bennett and Orton make the finals in the 1500. Wayment makes it in the steeple and both in the 800 make it as well.

Some of those are not really going out on a limb.

Also interesting is that Emma Gee, the girl that came out as LBGTQ while at BYU is running the Steeplechase for Temple and is a graduate student there.

Comment

Comment

so it appears orton choked in the 1500m. camp looked really good in the 1500m, but barely missed qualifying in the 800m, iirc. wayment looked great in the steeple.

the 4x400 team just looked completely overmatched.

BP or anybody who might know, is meghan hunter running faster times now than she did in HS? just so dominant in HS, but that accident was brutal. very impressive she's been able to get back to where she is now, but i'm curious if she's beating her HS times.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  so it appears orton choked in the 1500m. camp looked really good in the 1500m, but barely missed qualifying in the 800m, iirc. wayment looked great in the steeple.

the 4x400 team just looked completely overmatched.

BP or anybody who might know, is meghan hunter running faster times now than she did in HS? just so dominant in HS, but that accident was brutal. very impressive she's been able to get back to where she is now, but i'm curious if she's beating her HS times.
                  I agree, orton choked. It was a slow heat and she did not control the tempo. She didn't have the kick necessary. It was too bad because gear from arkansas made it in on time. At least Orton can focus on winning the 5k, where she excels.

The 4x400 team is a bunch of 800 girls running the 400. They did get 5th in their heat, but there was no way they had a chance of advancing. BYU's lack of sprinters is a bit embarrassing. They set the school record this year, twice, but that time was never higher than top 20 in the nation for this year. So not really that impressive.

Meghan Hunter is imo not 100% back from injury, but that is just my guess. She did run a faster 800 this year than she did in HS, but her best event was the 400 and she was about 3-4 seconds off that time when she ran an open 400. I blame the coaching. She had the nation leading 400 in HS, but now runs middle distance and is focusing more on the 800 with the 400 thrown in there.

Comment

Tough race in the 5k fot Orton. Camp in the 1500 was brilliant waiting to strike at the end and blowing away the field.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      Tough race in the 5k fot Orton. Camp in the 1500 was brilliant waiting to strike at the end and blowing away the field.
                      Camp was awesome.

Orton had a terrible race plan in the 5k. Blame that on coaching. Just plain stupid.

Comment

Womens team named Program of the Year.

http://www.ustfccca.org/2021/06/feat...ms-of-the-year

Men were #2, just barely getting edged by stupid Arkansas.

Comment

Working...
                        X