Lance Armstrong is a dope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    USADA claims to have evidence of doping after retesting 2009 samples, but every time I convince myself Lance was a doper I think of how amazing that Tour was and being able to podium.

USADA is a joke. I fully believe that this was nothing more than a publicity stunt and money grab to justify their funding and existence especially considering the way they picked up the case that the feds dropped. That said, they probably did have some dirt.
    They are testing blood that is two years old. I'm not buying anythign the USADA clowns are selling.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

I respect Lance more for doing this. Enough is enough.

I hope it starts a bigger fight as to whether USADA can strip titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
        They are testing blood that is two years old. I'm not buying anythign the USADA clowns are selling.
        What does that matter? People get exonerated from blood that is decades old.

This very issue will define lance Armstrong and his legacy. If he really were innocent, he wouldn't give up the fight. He loses everything by not clearing his name.

Lances teammates have indicated he is a cheat, his otherworldly accomplishments are so far out of the realm of ordinary that it raises eyebrows, and beating a doping test in a sport that is filled to the brim with dopers evading tests hardly exonerates him. They nailed him to the wall and he finally can't fight it anymore. Adios, cheater. Lance is a fraud. He beat cancer and for that he can be proud and grateful, but his persona is a lie.

"what am I on? I'm on my bike....oh, and I'm also oxygenating my blood to enhance my performance."
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          By the way, the title to this thread is wrong. Dockbruster doesn't know what blood doping is. Some mod please take out the word blood. Thanks.
          "dockbruster" is a great one. Added.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
            Can someone explain to me how this is anything more than a witch hunt? Have there been failed tests?
            They've got him and he knows it. Dropping the fight and saying "I'm sick of this and I give up" is the smartest move he had left.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
              They've got him and he knows it. Dropping the fight and saying "I'm sick of this and I give up" is the smartest move he had left.
              Exactly. It is the only way he can maintain his charade of innocence and continue to cash in over the next decade or so. Although if he loses his TDF titles, nobody will want to pay the guy for anything anymore. I think either way, he loses. This way at least he gets to pretend that he is innocent. Protesting would have made public the results and that would have been a disaster.

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                  Agreed. This is his only shot at hoping the UCI doesn't strip the titles.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Agreed. This is his only shot at hoping the UCI doesn't strip the titles.

I believe UCI has already asked USADA for their evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Lances teammates have indicated he is a cheat, his otherworldly accomplishments are so far out of the realm of ordinary that it raises eyebrows, and beating a doping test in a sport that is filled to the brim with dopers evading tests hardly exonerates him.
                      we're not talking about one test that lance weaseled his way out of here. he passed hundreds of control tests. by the way, the testimony of two witnesses promised immunity for merely testifying is somehow supposed to be compelling enough to strip him of titles?
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        "dockbruster" is a great one. Added.
                        DDD keeps a list of nicknames for me.. How flattering...

Comment

USADA claims to have evidence of doping after retesting 2009 samples, but every time I convince myself Lance was a doper I think of how amazing that Tour was and being able to podium.

USADA is a joke. I fully believe that this was nothing more than a publicity stunt and money grab to justify their funding and existence especially considering the way they picked up the case that the feds dropped. That said, they probably did have some dirt.
                          So they are stripping him of titles earned well before 2009 because he tested positive for doping in 2009? Why don't they go back and test the samples from the years he won the titles?
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                            To be fair, I am pretty sure both MLB and NFL do some random out of competition (off season) testing. It is just fairly limited; only a small number of players are tested and players can avoid it (at least that is my understanding). The question is how much is this very limited testing disrupting the off season PED use by football and baseball players? MY guess is not very much. Although, it may be good enough that they are largely doing short acting stuff because there is some chance of a test (even if it low).
                            Is the testing out of season truly random? I thought they were given notice or had a relatively narrow time frame within which they knew the tests would occur. Either way, I am certain that their is no sport anywhere that has a more vigorous testing plan than cycling. In fact, as you might recall, a couple of years ago a danish cyclist was banned not becasue he tested postiive, but becasue he failed to tell the doping aganecy where he was vacationing so they couldnt find him for random out of season tests. (to be fair, that guy was almost certainly a real cheat, but you get the point.)

Is cycling unique in its cheating regimes? Or are other sports also likely involved? Victor Conte, of BALCO fame, said that the large majority of track and field athletes were doping. we know major league ballplayers are doing it (colon, cabrera). So I tend to think other sports are not clean either.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                              we're not talking about one test that lance weaseled his way out of here. he passed hundreds of control tests. by the way, the testimony of two witnesses promised immunity for merely testifying is somehow supposed to be compelling enough to strip him of titles?
                              Whoa. Are they stripping him of his titles based solely off the testimony of two witnesses promised immunity for merely testifying? If so, I agree with you. That is unfair.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Is the testing out of season truly random? I thought they were given notice or had a relatively narrow time frame within which they knew the tests would occur. Either way, I am certain that their is no sport anywhere that has a more vigorous testing plan than cycling. In fact, as you might recall, a couple of years ago a danish cyclist was banned not becasue he tested postiive, but becasue he failed to tell the doping aganecy where he was vacationing so they couldnt find him for random out of season tests. (to be fair, that guy was almost certainly a real cheat, but you get the point.)
                                You may be right that it isn't really random in the off season. And my understanding of avoidance is similar.

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Is cycling unique in its cheating regimes? Or are other sports also likely involved? Victor Conte, of BALCO fame, said that the large majority of track and field athletes were doping. we know major lbare not clean either.
                                One thing I don't like is the notion that cycling is the dirtiest of major sports. That was claimed un-critically on ESPN this morning several times. I suppose it is possible that the gains to PEDs are higher for cycling than the other sports but it is not by much if it is true. The gains to running based sports both distance and sprinting are huge. The expected income gains are probably smaller for track and field but there still plenty of monetary incentive. But American Football also has huge potential gains to PED use. Nearly every position relies heavily on speed and explosive strength. Not only that but recovery after games and between seasons is brutal. Steroids provide huge benefits to recovery. The monetary incentives are huge. Add to that lax testing and relative small penalities. If I had to guess, football is super dirty and has been super dirty since the early 70s. Steroid use is common by the 60s in bodybuilding. Football was never far behind. There is on over 40 year history of substantial PED use in football.

Comment

Working...
                                X