NCAA Basketball 2012-2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #31
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    The difference between the Hoyas and UCLA tonight is that UCLA has all of hte McDonald's all-Americans. Georgetown's are all gone, and I'm so glad. Those guys are poison, cancer. When JTII won the Big East regular season and tournament and went to the Final Four he had not one of those guys.
    I thought Hibbert was.

    Edit: Also one difference is the Hoyas don't have Ben Howland coaching.
    Last edited by HuskyFreeNorthwest; 11-19-2012, 10:34 PM.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #32
      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      I thought Hibbert was.

      Edit: Also one difference is the Hoyas don't have Ben Howland coaching.
      Hibbert was a project. JTIII'd signed the PG at Princeton and then brought him. Jeff Green was not even looked at by NC, Duke, UCLA, etc.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #33
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Hibbert was a project. JTIII'd signed the PG at Princeton and then brought him. Jeff Green was not even looked at by NC, Duke, UCLA, etc.
        My bad, I remember in his soph year Georgetown played Oregon here. That was the first year we had floor seats and I remember coveting the future NBA big man then.

        Count me a fan of JTIII, also count me among the non-believers in Howland.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • smokymountainrain
          Impressive Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22593

          #34
          Duke is probably the best team I've seen this year in terms of teams that look to have all the pieces necessary to win it all, but VCU and their aggressive pressing, trapping, defense is giving them all they can handle at the half. Shaka Smart is a very good coach.

          In WCC news, Gonzaga continues to impress.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

          Comment

          • Blueintheface
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 15382

            #35
            Haws looks like a buff Jesse Pinkman.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27899

              #36
              [YOUTUBE]x-MW5tkTWtQ[/YOUTUBE]
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • UtahJazzFan88
                Jazz | Utes | Raiders
                • Oct 2011
                • 1678

                #37
                Where is that higherroad dude? I miss him pumping up Gonzaga and the WCC.

                Comment

                • BoylenOver
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 9146

                  #38
                  Butler upsets IU. Heckuva sports afternoon.
                  "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                  "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69753

                    #39
                    Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                    Where is that higherroad dude? I miss him pumping up Gonzaga and the WCC.
                    Me too. He was a good sport.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #40
                      Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                      Butler upsets IU. Heckuva sports afternoon.
                      Best news all day is the Big East basketball news. No brainer, though.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • Clark Addison
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 10316

                        #41
                        Santa Clara, of the mighty WCC, is only 2 down to Duke at Cameron at the half.

                        This is huge for a guy like me, who is such a big WCC booster that I had to check and make sure they were actually part of the WCC before I posted this.

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                          Santa Clara, of the mighty WCC, is only 2 down to Duke at Cameron at the half.

                          This is huge for a guy like me, who is such a big WCC booster that I had to check and make sure they were actually part of the WCC before I posted this.
                          lol
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • BoylenOver
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 9146

                            #43
                            AFA breaks 90 in a conference game for the first time in school history.

                            SDSU scores 9 first-half points in Laramie, the lowest total for a half in MWC history.

                            Crazy.
                            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                            Comment

                            • LiveCoug
                              LA Ute loves me
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18489

                              #44
                              The ending of the Gonzaga Butler game was incredible.

                              Surely that hurt worse than the BYU loss to SMC. Wow!

                              Comment

                              • PaloAltoCougar
                                Semper infra dignitatem
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 16940

                                #45
                                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                The ending of the Gonzaga Butler game was incredible.

                                Surely that hurt worse than the BYU loss to SMC. Wow!
                                Yup, while SMC did it on their own with a great play, Butler benefited from a boneheaded inbound pass by the Zags. That had to hurt.

                                Comment

                                Working...