NCAA Basketball 2012-2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Flystripper
    Degenerate Gambler
    • Nov 2008
    • 14089

    #16
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I don't get the UCLA hype, Howland is still the coach right?
    Agreed
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #17
      Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      Agreed
      Arizona seems a bit overrated too.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #18
        Did anyone else know that SMC is under investigation right now by the NCAA for recruiting violations?
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • frank ryan
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12365

          #19
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Did anyone else know that SMC is under investigation right now by the NCAA for recruiting violations?
          I saw that. It shocked the hell out of me.

          Comment

          • frank ryan
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12365

            #20
            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            A second-round NCAA team returning three starters and nearly its entire bench coached by one of the better coaches in the nation deserves a little consideration. If BYU can get past Southeastern Oklahoma State and Findlay I'm confident this injustice will be rectified.
            I have a Southeastern Oklahoma State hat. I'll wear it to the game, but I think they changed mascots they were the Savages.

            Comment

            • smokymountainrain
              Impressive Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22593

              #21
              UK looks to have another set of excellent freshmen. They aren't quite as good as last years group - no Brow or MKG, but Noel is a nice shot blocker and Poythress could be a star.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

              Comment

              • Maximus
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 6018

                #22
                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                A second-round NCAA team returning three starters and nearly its entire bench coached by one of the better coaches in the nation deserves a little consideration. If BYU can get past Southeastern Oklahoma State and Findlay I'm confident this injustice will be rectified.
                I wish we would stop calling it the second round. Beating Florida in 2010 was better than beating Iona and it sounds weird saying we got to the same place.

                Comment

                • smokymountainrain
                  Impressive Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22593

                  #23
                  Duke pouring it on Kentucky right now. K has an impressive group of senior stars, the kind of seniors you rarely see in CBB anymore.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

                  Comment

                  • smokymountainrain
                    Impressive Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22593

                    #24
                    This Duke/Kentucky game has been fun to watch. Duke looks like a top 5 team with three stud seniors and 4 or 5 solid role players with guys like Suleman, Hairston, Thornton. Curry is an impressive scorer - probably not the gifted scorer Seth is, but can really shoot it and can get it done off the bounce.

                    Kentucky's three main freshman are incredibly talented and athletic. Goodwin, at 6'4" has as much potential as any guard in the country - people keep comparing him to Westbrook and I can see why, but he's so raw as a young freshman. As a group, the three look more raw and don't have quite the BB IQ last year's group of freshmen had. Miller and Lamb were big for last year's team and this year's group doesn't have talented veteran players like them. Should be interesting to see how they improve throughout the season.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

                    Comment

                    • Hsaru
                      Junior Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 1109

                      #25
                      What was coach cal thinking not signing a pg in this freshman class to replace teague?

                      Comment

                      • Hsaru
                        Junior Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 1109

                        #26
                        Guess they have some transfer pg from Duke who sat out last year who has the flu right now.

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
                          Guess they have some transfer pg from Duke who sat out last year who has the flu right now.
                          Harrow. Goodwin can play some point and the third string guy isn't terrible.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • smokymountainrain
                            Impressive Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22593

                            #28
                            I tuned in to UCLA v G'Town to catch a glimpse of Shabazz Muhammed. Kyle Anderson doesn't look good, Muhammed has struggled as one might expect in his first game, but the other freshman Jordan Adams looks like a player.

                            I'm struck at what a bust Josh Smith has been out of the Seattle area. Such a fat ass who can't stay in the game for more than a few minutes at a time. It doesn't look like he's really gained much weight since HS, but he certainly hasn't lost any.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

                            Comment

                            • smokymountainrain
                              Impressive Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22593

                              #29
                              Rotnei Clark, he of the 50 point game a couple years ago playing for Arkansas, hit a ridiculous game winning, buzzer beating, trey for Butler against Marquette tonight.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

                              Comment

                              • SeattleUte
                                Faith crisis consultant
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 20837

                                #30
                                Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                I tuned in to UCLA v G'Town to catch a glimpse of Shabazz Muhammed. Kyle Anderson doesn't look good, Muhammed has struggled as one might expect in his first game, but the other freshman Jordan Adams looks like a player.

                                I'm struck at what a bust Josh Smith has been out of the Seattle area. Such a fat ass who can't stay in the game for more than a few minutes at a time. It doesn't look like he's really gained much weight since HS, but he certainly hasn't lost any.
                                The difference between the Hoyas and UCLA tonight is that UCLA has all of hte McDonald's all-Americans. Georgetown's are all gone, and I'm so glad. Those guys are poison, cancer. When JTII won the Big East regular season and tournament and went to the Final Four he had not one of those guys.
                                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                                --Jonathan Swift

                                Comment

                                Working...