The official (other) Broncos game thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18488

    #1

    The official (other) Broncos game thread

    What do we know about Santa Clara? I see that they have some decent wins and some horrid losses.

    Wins against Villanova and New Mexico. Losses to San Diego, Portland and Houston Baptist.

    Our only common opponent is UCSB, a team Santa Clara lost to by 33.

    Based on their schedule and results only, I would have to say BYU by 25+
  • kccougar
    9262
    • Nov 2008
    • 7020

    #2
    Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    What do we know about Santa Clara? I see that they have some decent wins and some horrid losses.

    Wins against Villanova and New Mexico. Losses to San Diego, Portland and Houston Baptist.

    Our only common opponent is UCSB, a team Santa Clara lost to by 33.

    Based on their schedule and results only, I would have to say BYU by 25+
    They beat New Mexico? That surprises me.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

    Comment

    • kccougar
      9262
      • Nov 2008
      • 7020

      #3
      My boys and I decided to go. Who else is here?
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

      Comment

      • higherroad
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 235

        #4
        BYU will have no issue with SCU tonights. Zags just beat them by 22pts & it was the worst 1st half performance of any game this season by us -- scored 25 pts, finished with 82.

        LMU is another team to worry about -- they just returned their 2nd best player from a 2-month injury. Ashley Hamilton(6'7", 215lbs) is a Brandon Davies-esque type player who scored 23 pts vs UCLA before his injury. He missed the game vs BYU & is their X-factor.

        Have a bad feeling about my Zags on the road vs LMU. Cougs will spank the Broncos. No worries there...

        Comment

        • San Juan Sun
          Kicked to the curb
          • Dec 2009
          • 9214

          #5
          The foulfest between Murray State and Tennessee Tech is making me angry.
          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

          - Ty Cobb

          Comment

          • CJF
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 8497

            #6
            Why isn't the game in HD?
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

            Comment

            • Blueintheface
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 15382

              #7
              This team looks to be well coached. Their PG is getting penetration and kicking it out to wide open shooters. Top 4 teams in this conference aren't half bad.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

              Comment

              • Eddie
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 8098

                #8
                Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                This team looks to be well coached. Their PG is getting penetration and kicking it out to wide open shooters. Top 4 teams in this conference aren't half bad.
                Their shooters seem to be hitting pretty good from outside too - just when you think BYU might extend a lead they hit a 3.

                What are the Bronco's shooting from 3? They seem to be hitting a TON of them.

                Comment

                • Blueintheface
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 15382

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  Their shooters seem to be hitting pretty good from outside too - just when you think BYU might extend a lead they hit a 3.

                  What are the Bronco's shooting from 3? They seem to be hitting a TON of them.
                  Now like 4-10 I think but they hit 3 straight in there. Our perimeter defense continues to be lacking.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                  "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                  Comment

                  • EuropeanFootballMale
                    Karate/Friendship Master
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 1339

                    #10
                    We look like crap again.

                    Comment

                    • Blueintheface
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 15382

                      #11
                      Originally posted by EuropeanFootballMale View Post
                      We look like crap again.


                      Defensive breakdowns but hardly crap. SC will be gassed second half and we'll win by 10 plus.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                      Comment

                      • kccougar
                        9262
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7020

                        #12
                        Hot Chick just hit a halfcourt shot for an IPad.
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                        Comment

                        • LiveCoug
                          LA Ute loves me
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 18488

                          #13
                          Originally posted by CJF View Post
                          Why isn't the game in HD?
                          It is in HD. You (I'm guessing) have Dish. Dish doesn't offer ESPNU in HD. Punks.

                          Comment

                          • kccougar
                            9262
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7020

                            #14
                            Sports Medicine tip of the week: How to tell a female athlete she's fat....
                            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                            Comment

                            • EuropeanFootballMale
                              Karate/Friendship Master
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 1339

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post


                              Defensive breakdowns but hardly crap. SC will be gassed second half and we'll win by 10 plus.
                              I don't know. Seemed pretty crappy.

                              Comment

                              Working...