The Huntsman Meadows Massacre - BYU v. Utah 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PaloAltoCougar
    Semper infra dignitatem
    • Nov 2008
    • 16936

    #46
    Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Is there a SU sound-a-like contest going on that I dont know about?
    I'm unaware as well, but I absolutely loved that post. The final line will have me giggling (and jiggling!) the rest of the day.

    Comment

    • DU Ute
      RIP CUF
      • Dec 2008
      • 7393

      #47
      Utes by 4. Mark it down.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #48
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        OK people, we have to talk about it. Let's start by recalibrating how we define success or failure. I say if Utah keeps the margin under 20 points, that will be a moral victory. But of course, Rose could obliterate last nights 31 point Huntsman center worst-loss-at-home record if he wants to. Should be interesting.
        Way to go, alluding to a hideously shameful episode in LDS/BYU history referring to the upcoming basketball Holy War. I wonder if it's okay in Germany to use Holocaust allusions in reference to the country's upcoming soccer games.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #49
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          Way to go, alluding to a hideously shameful episode in LDS/BYU history referring to the upcoming basketball Holy War. I wonder if it's okay in Germany to use Holocaust allusions in reference to the country's upcoming soccer games.
          Whatcha think Jeff? About a 4 on the SU scale?
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69696

            #50
            Originally posted by Cutty View Post
            BetOnline has BYU -20.5.
            What do you know? Exactly as I predicted in my opening post.

            SU, take notes.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • Goatnapper'96
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10924

              #51
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              BYU fans are way over-confident and I don't like the tone. Owning the all-time record head to head against Utah won't mean anything tomorrow. This Ute squad isn't going to be impressed by the fact that BYU has been the better team overall in the history of the head to head rivalry. This Ute team is going to come out and fight like we have never seen then before. They are going to play with heart and leave it all out on the floor. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fight or two, simply due to the raw emotion. I know BYU fans will be mad at me for saying so, but this Ute team is dangerous. Throw out records. The Utes are in the PAC12. Don't sleep on them. I promise you Coach Rose won't get much sleep tonight.
              I agree with all of the above. I expect Utah to play its best game of the year and BYU to play one of its poorer. Anything can happen under those circumstances. BYU by 22.
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

              I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

              Comment

              • originalsocal
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2009
                • 1632

                #52
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Way to go, alluding to a hideously shameful episode in LDS/BYU history referring to the upcoming basketball Holy War. I wonder if it's okay in Germany to use Holocaust allusions in reference to the country's upcoming soccer games.
                BYU history Gracie? I'm not even sure that BYU was around at that time...yet somehow it's BYU's fault? Woof!

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #53
                  Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
                  BYU history Gracie? I'm not even sure that BYU was around at that time...yet somehow it's BYU's fault? Woof!
                  BYU and the LDS church are the same thing.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69696

                    #54
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Way to go, alluding to a hideously shameful episode in LDS/BYU history referring to the upcoming basketball Holy War. I wonder if it's okay in Germany to use Holocaust allusions in reference to the country's upcoming soccer games.
                    You are just jealous that you didn't think of it after the 54-10 game.

                    Hey, that reminds me. Do you have a paypal account?
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • DU Ute
                      RIP CUF
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 7393

                      #55
                      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      BYU and the LDS church are the same thing.
                      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                      Comment

                      • SeattleUte
                        Faith crisis consultant
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 20837

                        #56
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        You are just jealous that you didn't think of it after the 54-10 game.

                        Hey, that reminds me. Do you have a paypal account?
                        yes of course. I've donated here. I would also be happy to give you my credit card number.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                        --Jonathan Swift

                        Comment

                        • originalsocal
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 1632

                          #57
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          BYU and the LDS church are the same thing.
                          In the psychiatric community this is what they call a "breakthrough moment". I'll have my secretary bill you.

                          Comment

                          • mr_thekid
                            Junior Member
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 91

                            #58
                            Chin-up Utes, there's still hope.

                            http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=7896440
                            What I win, I keep. What you win, I keep.

                            Comment

                            • mr_thekid
                              Junior Member
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 91

                              #59
                              I'm hoping Harrison can have a breakthrough game tomorrow. So far he doesn't seem too confident playing at the College level.
                              What I win, I keep. What you win, I keep.

                              Comment

                              • Moliere
                                One man.....one pie
                                • Oct 2009
                                • 27878

                                #60
                                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                You obviously have not seen Utah play this year.
                                Speaking of seeing Utah, will this game by on national TV? Looks like the schedule says FSN which likely means I'll be searching for illegal feeds on the internet.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                                Comment

                                Working...