Utah vs. Boise State - Back To The Mtn.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #91
    Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
    How about a BYU loss thread where I show up at all?
    Why does it have to be a thread about a loss?

    Also, when did you change your sig line? What was the quote that used to be there until recently? I believe it was one of your own, no?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Flattop
      Many books, little time
      • Jun 2009
      • 1452

      #92
      Originally posted by UteStar View Post
      Actually, I don't think Krystko tried his best in this one.
      Wait . . . what?
      Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
      Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
      Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

      Comment

      • UteStar
        Sexiest Poster in Town
        • Nov 2008
        • 2419

        #93
        Originally posted by Flattop View Post
        Wait . . . what?

        Sorry, I will add the next time.

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #94
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Why does it have to be a thread about a loss?

          Also, when did you change your sig line? What was the quote that used to be there until recently? I believe it was one of your own, no?
          Why should it be a thread about a win when I am talking about schadenfreude, which is about joy in the misfortunes of others? What have you noticed about my sig line? Why do you pay attention to such minutiae? Why do you care?
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #95
            Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
            I try not to gloat or tease or do anything obnoxious here on CUF when BYU fans are justifiably feeling rotten because something has gone badly for them. If you guys think I am not doing that well enough, I'll try harder.
            I use the same approach. If, in my own personal opinion and judgment, someone else might have reason to feel bad, then I reserve the right to exhibit restraint. That is a case-by-case basis and entirely up to me, however. And I think I have a pretty good track record in those specific instances. Most will attest to this.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • LA Ute
              Receiver of Memory
              • Nov 2008
              • 19512

              #96
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              I use the same approach. If, in my own personal opinion and judgment, someone else might have reason to feel bad, then I reserve the right to exhibit restraint. That is a case-by-case basis and entirely up to me, however. And I think I have a pretty good track record in those specific instances. Most will attest to this.
              I agree. That's what I've observed in you, anyway. I hope you didn't think I was saying anything about you. I was talking about my own plans to try harder.
              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
              ― W.H. Auden


              "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


              "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #97
                Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                Why should it be a thread about a win when I am talking about schadenfreude, which is about joy in the misfortunes of others? What have you noticed about my sig line? Why do you pay attention to such minutiae? Why do you care?
                I seem to recall a Utah State thread recently....a win...in which many people must have misinterpreted your fun-loving post.

                I pay attention to everything. The devil is in the details. What did your sig line say before you deleted it? What was the quote? And whom were you quoting?
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • LA Ute
                  Receiver of Memory
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19512

                  #98
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  I seem to recall a Utah State thread recently....a win...in which many people must have misinterpreted your fun-loving post.

                  I pay attention to everything. The devil is in the details. What did you sig line say before you deleted it? What was the quote? And whom were you quoting?
                  I made up a self-deprecating quote from myself, something about promising not to be a jerk about the rivalry. I really liked the "Man for All Seasons" bit that I added, and it was long, so I decided to drop the other quote so my signature section did not go on forever. This is not the first time I have edited my signature line, but I am glad you pay attention.

                  [Edit: If you take a look at that USU thread you'll see lots of highly esteemed BYU fans saying that those who were offended by my post were over-sensitive. No jury would ever convict me of being out of line with that one.]

                  If you want anything more out of me on this you're going to have to ask DHole to subpoena me to a deposition.
                  Last edited by LA Ute; 11-17-2011, 12:59 PM.
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden


                  "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                  "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                  Comment

                  • Flattop
                    Many books, little time
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 1452

                    #99
                    Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                    Sorry, I will add the next time.
                    I'm not sure that would have helped.
                    Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                    Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                    Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                    Comment

                    • Eddie
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 8098

                      #100
                      Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                      I guess you guys can enjoy this while it lasts. I would be enjoying it, if the tables were turned. I'd probably do that privately, but that's just me.

                      Sooner or later (I'm hoping sooner) Utah basketball will arise from the ashes.

                      I don't enjoy it when Utah loses or is sucky.

                      I do enjoy it when BYU wins - so I guess I have to add that little caveat for when BYU plays Utah.

                      Mostly I like the fact that when Utah loses, the dickhead Utah fans I know tend to leave me alone. But I want it to be clear that it is being left alone by dickhead fans that I enjoy, not the fact that Utah lost. (I suppose I should also clarify that not all Utah fans are dickheads. It is only the dickhead fans I am referring to.)

                      Comment

                      • UtahJazzFan88
                        Jazz | Utes | Raiders
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 1678

                        #101
                        Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                        Honestly I'm not sure how they keep coming up with the players they do but I don't see a huge drop off after Moore. They have a bunch of skill players that are good and young. The biggest difference I see this year compared to last year is in their D line. An LSU or Alabama could run all day on them but I also think they could put more than 6 or 9 points on each one of them. It's a small miracle what they have accomplished this past seven or eight years.
                        It seems like Boise State fans want to tout their QB recuit Nick Patti as the next Kellen Moore.

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #102
                          Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                          It seems like Boise State fans want to tout their QB recuit Nick Patti as the next Kellen Moore.
                          I think Joe Southwick takes over next year.

                          Patti is being compared to Moore because he is tiny and fast. 5'11 180 runs a 4.5.

                          I actually think Laughrea and Hedrick are better prospects.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • UtahJazzFan88
                            Jazz | Utes | Raiders
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 1678

                            #103
                            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            I think Joe Southwick takes over next year.

                            Patti is being compared to Moore because he is tiny and fast. 5'11 180 runs a 4.5.

                            I actually think Laughrea and Hedrick are better prospects.
                            I've seen Joe Southwick play in garbage time, doesn't strike as being that impressive. I've heard that Hedrick has a better chance of starting than Southwick.

                            Comment

                            • Flattop
                              Many books, little time
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 1452

                              #104
                              Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              I don't enjoy it when Utah loses or is sucky.

                              I do enjoy it when BYU wins - so I guess I have to add that little caveat for when BYU plays Utah.

                              Mostly I like the fact that when Utah loses, the dickhead Utah fans I know tend to leave me alone. But I want it to be clear that it is being left alone by dickhead fans that I enjoy, not the fact that Utah lost. (I suppose I should also clarify that not all Utah fans are dickheads. It is only the dickhead fans I am referring to.)
                              I'm sure that we can all appreciate being left alone by dickheads.
                              Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                              Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                              Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                              Comment

                              • RC Vikings
                                Known Heterosexual
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 8789

                                #105
                                Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                                It seems like Boise State fans want to tout their QB recuit Nick Patti as the next Kellen Moore.
                                Over hype (Heaps) is not limited to BSU fans. They do have a lot of talent around whoever starts next year.

                                Comment

                                Working...