Today it's good to be a BSU fan and own Utah in both football and basketball.
Utah vs. Boise State - Back To The Mtn.
Collapse
X
-
-
-
RC, you seem like a reasonable guy which makes you the 1% to the other 99% of Occupy BSU fans I know. How big a drop off do you expect, after Kellen graduates? I know BSU was good before him and Peterson will keep them competitive afterwards, but he seems might hard to replace, let alone to replicate the success of the past 4 years (plus they don't have and Eastern OR or Eastern WA QB, with LDS connections, in the pipeline to keep the Zabranski-Moore train a rollin').Originally posted by RC Vikings View PostToday it's good to be a BSU fan and own Utah in both football and basketball.
Comment
-
I almost drove to that Boise State game for fun. Almost. Holy crap, I dodged a bullet on that one. I can't even imagine that drive home after that loss. 5 hours of replaying Dawson fumbling a ball out of bounds or countless bricks from the outside. I did see Wilkinson (yes, our walkon starter) dive on the floor. It wasn't a pretty dive. But he showed hustle. Yay for us! If you had told me 10 years ago that the Utes would lose by 20+ to a team picked to finish last in the MoWest, I probably would have just left my fanhood and went to cheer for the Golden Golfers of Westminster (is that there mascot?). But I am here. I am a fan and I am proud. Go Utes.
As I have mentioned for quite a while, I really like Odunsi and Storey...but man, they make a TON of freshmen mistakes. Dijon had his best game so far...but he is a guy that I constantly expect him to do good things out there because he has a great looking shot and is really athletic. I am usually left disappointed.
Matthews, Matthews, Matthews. You have it all. But you seem like you enjoy leaving your brain wedged between two seats on the bench.
Yeah, this Ute team is not beating Harvard. Aint happening. No way, no how. With that said, I have some high hopes for a 4 point victory over Montana State. I predicted 6 point victory over SD Christian College. I would be THRILLED with a 4-point victory on Saturday. And yes, I will be there. And yes, I believe. 5 wins is not out of reach. Yet.Last edited by UteStar; 11-17-2011, 10:38 AM.
Comment
-
Honestly I'm not sure how they keep coming up with the players they do but I don't see a huge drop off after Moore. They have a bunch of skill players that are good and young. The biggest difference I see this year compared to last year is in their D line. An LSU or Alabama could run all day on them but I also think they could put more than 6 or 9 points on each one of them. It's a small miracle what they have accomplished this past seven or eight years.Originally posted by Art Vandelay View PostRC, you seem like a reasonable guy which makes you the 1% to the other 99% of Occupy BSU fans I know. How big a drop off do you expect, after Kellen graduates? I know BSU was good before him and Peterson will keep them competitive afterwards, but he seems might hard to replace, let alone to replicate the success of the past 4 years (plus they don't have and Eastern OR or Eastern WA QB, with LDS connections, in the pipeline to keep the Zabranski-Moore train a rollin').
Comment
-
I have practically no information with which to make a judgement. I could assume he did his best because, really, why wouldn't he?Originally posted by UteStar View PostNo, I got that. I just find it weird that you wonder if he tried his best to keep his 2 best players. He obviously tried enough to keep Hines, Washburn, Jiggy and Washburn...I would think he would try to keep OBrien and Clyburn without adding the disclaimer 'maybe he did try his best, I don't know.'
That disclaimer could be put on any claim to cast subtle doubt on all comments, such as 'Maybe Coach Krystkoviak really is trying to win games for the Utes, but I don't know.' 'Maybe that fireman tried hard to save that kid who died in the fire, I don't know.' I just found your disclaimer amusing.Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."
Comment
-
-
The intent of my post was to say that you can get back to .500 pretty quickly. BYU would have been over .500 in 97 and 98 if Seleaze would have decided to pass rather than puff and if Wesley would have abstained from premarital sex. Utah probably won't have to face those rebuilding problems. So there is definitley hope that next year's squad can be above .500. Based on where you are at right now I think nearly every Ute fan would take that next season.Originally posted by LA Ute View PostI guess you guys can enjoy this while it lasts. I would be enjoying it, if the tables were turned. I'd probably do that privately, but that's just me.
Sooner or later (I'm hoping sooner) Utah basketball will arise from the ashes.
Dyslexics are teople poo...
Comment
-
BSU will be fine. Will they be top 10 next year? Probably not, but I wuld be surprised if they are not top 25 once again next year. BSU has been top 25 for a decade. They have built a program not based on flukes but on a proven system. They will be good.Originally posted by Art Vandelay View PostRC, you seem like a reasonable guy which makes you the 1% to the other 99% of Occupy BSU fans I know. How big a drop off do you expect, after Kellen graduates? I know BSU was good before him and Peterson will keep them competitive afterwards, but he seems might hard to replace, let alone to replicate the success of the past 4 years (plus they don't have and Eastern OR or Eastern WA QB, with LDS connections, in the pipeline to keep the Zabranski-Moore train a rollin').Dyslexics are teople poo...
Comment
-
Originally posted by TripletDaddy View PostNobody here but you believes that.
You have great faith in your power of divination. Can you find a post of mine here in which i gloat about BYU's bad fortune?
“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
"Gloat" is a broad term. Please be more specific. Do you want a-hole, dickhead, or moran behavior?Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
You have great faith in your power of divination. Can you find a post of mine here in which i gloat about BYU's bad fortune?Fitter. Happier. More Productive.
sigpic
Comment
-
How about a BYU loss thread where I show up at all?Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post"Gloat" is a broad term. Please be more specific. Do you want a-hole, dickhead, or moran behavior?“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
Do we really want to revisit this? It's bad enough in the win threads that whatever happens in the loss threads is irrelevant.Originally posted by LA Ute View PostHow about a BYU loss thread where I show up at all?
Oh, and Senioritis, you almost made me wish I would have watched the game. Bravo.Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.
Comment
-
I try not to gloat or tease or do anything obnoxious here on CUF when BYU fans are justifiably feeling rotten because something has gone badly for them. If you guys think I am not doing that well enough, I'll try harder.Originally posted by nikuman View PostDo we really want to revisit this? It's bad enough in the win threads that whatever happens in the loss threads is irrelevant.“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
Comment