BYU vs Gonzaga Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • oxcoug
    Dolphins Rape Hipsters
    • Dec 2009
    • 5309

    #226
    Since I figure no one else has offered their keys and you all were waiting on mine, I won't keep you in suspense any longer.

    1. 35 - that's the # of points that have to come from people not named Jimmer - this means Jackson Abusock is going to have to be hitting from the perimeter and KC / Abuo will need to get to the rim.

    2. Getting to the line - we need to see the Attack Jimmer tonight, and he's got to draw contact and get calls - he probably won't get calls which means we'll probably lose.

    3. Gonzaga's going to have to miss some open threes - they're going to get some for sure, we need them to miss some.

    4. Tiger blood - that's what we need to see in evidence in the rebounding efforts of KC, Abuo and Hartsock.

    5. Someone go get Gary Trost of retirement and have him put on James Anderson's uni. I'm pretty sure that at 40 Trost will have more offensive game than Anderson.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

    It can't all be wedding cake.

    Comment

    • woot
      Resident Science Cop
      • Nov 2008
      • 5531

      #227
      I'm also somewhat pessimistic about this game, but I envision Jimmer having a huge game and BYU winning in a somewhat ridiculous UNM III-type fashion. I'm hoping UCLA can pull this one off so there'll be a little extra motivation for BYU to get up for the next one. I wouldn't like our chances against Florida.

      Comment

      • Viking
        Banned
        • Jun 2009
        • 6470

        #228
        [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHIIJNXysG8"]YouTube - 1981 NCAA Tournament.mov[/nomedia]

        I was 8 years old and remember this moment like it was yesterday.

        Positive thinking, boys. Positive thinking.

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #229
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          I hope your slippers break.
          To tread on something so sacred.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • creekster
            It is NOT a monkey!
            • Nov 2008
            • 22661

            #230
            I believe in the JImmer.

            Really. At first I thought Jimmer was just a guy. I knew that sooner or later he would get in a big game and he would let me down. Every BYU star does this sooner or later. They build up your hope and then the rug gets pulled out. When you have been watching BYU teams as long as I have you get used to it and you build up a certain protectiveness to prevent from being sucked in again. You decide you will ignore Lucy as she holds that football. But every time, no matter what, Jimmer plays like he is the Jimmer. He comes through. He does what you expect him to do. Even in losses, he plays hard, he scores, he tries to get teammates involved. He does not let himself, the coach, the team or the fans down.

            Today might be Jimmer's last game for BYU. But ti might not. Either way I refuse to go into the game expecting anything less than the Jimmer leading BYU to a win. I will optimistically support the team and expect a good performance and expect a win. If they lose, so be it; life goes on and I am sure some administrative meeting tomorrow will distract me. But for now, for today, my blue glasses are on and, for once, those blue glasses are justified because we have the Jimmer and no one else does.

            I believe in the Jimmer.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #231
              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Go search twitter for football practice updates....
              Hey, I'm excited for the game. After tonight the rest of you will be searching twitter for updates with me and we'll really get that thread going!
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • Jarid in Cedar
                CS Institutional Memory
                • Jun 2009
                • 13234

                #232
                Originally posted by Viking View Post
                If we have Jimmer + 1 shooter, it's a close game.

                I think Jax is going to step up big time.

                If I were Dave Rose, I'd say: turn this into a track meet.

                Run, shoot. Run, shoot. Missing shots? So what. Shoot more.
                I dig the new avatar Viking :rockon2:
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                -Rick Majerus

                Comment

                • Viking
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 6470

                  #233
                  Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  I believe in the JImmer.

                  Really. At first I thought Jimmer was just a guy. I knew that sooner or later he would get in a big game and he would let me down. Every BYU star does this sooner or later. They build up your hope and then the rug gets pulled out. When you have been watching BYU teams as long as I have you get used to it and you build up a certain protectiveness to prevent from being sucked in again. You decide you will ignore Lucy as she holds that football. But every time, no matter what, Jimmer plays like he is the Jimmer. He comes through. He does what you expect him to do. Even in losses, he plays hard, he scores, he tries to get teammates involved. He does not let himself, the coach, the team or the fans down.

                  Today might be Jimmer's last game for BYU. But ti might not. Either way I refuse to go into the game expecting anything less than the Jimmer leading BYU to a win. I will optimistically support the team and expect a good performance and expect a win. If they lose, so be it; life goes on and I am sure some administrative meeting tomorrow will distract me. But for now, for today, my blue glasses are on and, for once, those blue glasses are justified because we have the Jimmer and no one else does.

                  I believe in the Jimmer.
                  I really think Jimmer is the best college player I've ever seen.

                  Comment

                  • Viking
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 6470

                    #234
                    Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    I dig the new avatar Viking :rockon2:
                    I am pulling out all the positive mojo stops for tonight's game.

                    War owl, baby, raising up from the Tobes of Hades prepared to kick your ass.

                    Note the Owl has the same look in his eyes that Jimmer has after sinking a three.

                    Comment

                    • woot
                      Resident Science Cop
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 5531

                      #235
                      Looks like tip will likely be after 6, and perhaps well after.

                      Comment

                      • woot
                        Resident Science Cop
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5531

                        #236
                        Obama's up to #315, I'm up to 275,000 or so, and Snoop Dogg is losing to 4.2 million other people.

                        Comment

                        • Viking
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 6470

                          #237
                          Originally posted by woot View Post
                          Obama's up to #315, I'm up to 275,000 or so, and Snoop Dogg is losing to 4.2 million other people.
                          how are you tracking this?

                          Comment

                          • SoonerCoug
                            Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4680

                            #238
                            Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            a miracle? Really? Talk about some drama queens on here. If we can box out and Jax hits some of his openers so that Jimmer can take the lane when necessary, we have greater than 70% chance of winning.
                            Remember--I'm the guy that predicted the 50-point game just minutes before tip-off.
                            That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                            http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                            Comment

                            • woot
                              Resident Science Cop
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5531

                              #239
                              Originally posted by Viking View Post
                              how are you tracking this?


                              Dick Vitale is tied with me, but I'll pass him soon, as his total possible points remaining is way lower, partially due to him having Louisville in the final four.

                              All the other ESPN pundits are much lower, with the PTI guys and Mike and Mike being especially terrible.

                              I also just noticed the video of Obama making his picks. I suppose it's still possible that he was fed his lines, but seems extremely unlikely.

                              Comment

                              • bluegoose
                                7th round draft pick
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 4121

                                #240
                                Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                I believe in the JImmer.

                                Really. At first I thought Jimmer was just a guy. I knew that sooner or later he would get in a big game and he would let me down. Every BYU star does this sooner or later. They build up your hope and then the rug gets pulled out. When you have been watching BYU teams as long as I have you get used to it and you build up a certain protectiveness to prevent from being sucked in again. You decide you will ignore Lucy as she holds that football. But every time, no matter what, Jimmer plays like he is the Jimmer. He comes through. He does what you expect him to do. Even in losses, he plays hard, he scores, he tries to get teammates involved. He does not let himself, the coach, the team or the fans down.

                                Today might be Jimmer's last game for BYU. But ti might not. Either way I refuse to go into the game expecting anything less than the Jimmer leading BYU to a win. I will optimistically support the team and expect a good performance and expect a win. If they lose, so be it; life goes on and I am sure some administrative meeting tomorrow will distract me. But for now, for today, my blue glasses are on and, for once, those blue glasses are justified because we have the Jimmer and no one else does.

                                I believe in the Jimmer.
                                Preach it creek. I'm right there with you.

                                I'm going to say it right now. Last week before New Mexico III, I said that I didn't have that oh-so-familiar feeling of impending doom when the Cougs are walking into a buzzsaw. They pulled off, imo, a great win. I didn't have the same feeling against SDSU.

                                I'm feeling good today. I'm predicting a win in a thriller.

                                Whether or not the boys win, it's been a great season. Along with being a ton of fun to watch, this team has FINALLY converted my 10 year old son to being a trash-talking, Jimmer-shirt-wearin', die-hard Cougar fan, something that I have been unable to do despite my best efforts the last 5+ years.
                                :rockon1::byu1:

                                Comment

                                Working...