a miracle? Really? Talk about some drama queens on here. If we can box out and Jax hits some of his openers so that Jimmer can take the lane when necessary, we have greater than 70% chance of winning.
BYU vs Gonzaga Thread
Collapse
X
-
Originally posted by Commando View Posta miracle? Really? Talk about some drama queens on here. If we can box out and Jax hits some of his openers so that Jimmer can take the lane when necessary, we have greater than 70% chance of winning.
"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
-
preach it brotha! We just have to have someone besides Jimmer shoot well and we'll outscore them.Originally posted by Commando View Posta miracle? Really? Talk about some drama queens on here. If we can box out and Jax hits some of his openers so that Jimmer can take the lane when necessary, we have greater than 70% chance of winning.Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
God forgives many things for an act of mercyAlessandro Manzoni
Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.
pelagius
Comment
-
I've been vocal about how much I think Davies loss hurts the team, and I don't think we're a top 20 team right now. But that doesn't change my love for the team or the excitement I have for this game. I trust Vegas more than I trust myself, so if Vegas says it's a pick 'em, I'll go into the game with forced optimism. It's destiny baby. Jax comes through for us, and we pull away in the second half, Cougs by 12.
Comment
-
Originally posted by jay santos View PostI've been vocal about how much I think Davies loss hurts the team, and I don't think we're a top 20 team right now. But that doesn't change my love for the team or the excitement I have for this game. I trust Vegas more than I trust myself, so if Vegas says it's a pick 'em, I'll go into the game with forced optimism. It's destiny baby. Jax comes through for us, and we pull away in the second half, Cougs by 12.
I'm taking a different view -
I'm openly predicting a loss for BYU in the expectation that I will bring down the wrath of Jimmer and of an Avenging God (which is sorta redundant).
BYU's going to lose. I have no faith. Punish me.Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī
It can't all be wedding cake.
Comment
-
BYU will lose because they are not good enough to beat a dangerous Gonzaga team that has hit their stride.Originally posted by oxcoug View PostI'm taking a different view -
I'm openly predicting a loss for BYU in the expectation that I will bring down the wrath of Jimmer and of an Avenging God (which is sorta redundant).
BYU's going to lose. I have no faith. Punish me.
If they hope to have a chance to win, Jimmer will have to get 40+ and shoot at least 50% FGs.I'm like LeBron James.
-mpfunk
Comment
-
IOW, a miracle.Originally posted by Commando View Posta miracle? Really? Talk about some drama queens on here. If we can box out and Jax hits some of his openers so that Jimmer can take the lane when necessary, we have greater than 70% chance of winning.So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
If we have Jimmer + 1 shooter, it's a close game.Originally posted by smokymountainrain View PostBYU will lose because they are not good enough to beat a dangerous Gonzaga team that has hit their stride.
If they hope to have a chance to win, Jimmer will have to get 40+ and shoot at least 50% FGs.
I think Jax is going to step up big time.
If I were Dave Rose, I'd say: turn this into a track meet.
Run, shoot. Run, shoot. Missing shots? So what. Shoot more.
Comment
-
Gnozaga looks good, but they are still onnly an 11 seed. It will be atough game, no doubt, but all kidding aside, no one they have played has had The Jimmer, and he will only need alittle more help fom the supporting cast (Emery? do you hear me?) to see a victory. Tough but it does nto require a miracle.PLesa excuse the tpyos.
Comment
-
I'm going to benchmark the second SDSU game as a comp here. Big guys on the other side, and almost no impact from Davies (foul trouble, 4pts).Originally posted by creekster View PostGnozaga looks good, but they are still onnly an 11 seed. It will be atough game, no doubt, but all kidding aside, no one they have played has had The Jimmer, and he will only need alittle more help fom the supporting cast (Emery? do you hear me?) to see a victory. Tough but it does nto require a miracle.
Emery and Hartsock had great games. Jimmer didn't have to do as much (25pts) because he was able to rely on the other two (Charles did well also).
So I repeat: this match up is very similar to SDSU and if we have at least Jimmer + 1, it's a close game that I think we win. Jimmer + 1.5 and it could be a less nerve racking game.
Comment
-
note the Off Reb advantage SDSU had.
SU might want to note that when a shooting team shoots well, they can be out rebounded significantly and still win handily.Last edited by Viking; 03-19-2011, 12:45 PM.
Comment
-
Pathetic. Folks, just ignore all of these clowns. All of you negative SeattleUte-ite doomsdayers are going to be right one of these days. Good for you.
In the meantime, the rest of us BELIEVERS will get psyched for a great game and another chance to enjoy Jimmermania.
RISE AND SHOUT!!!!!
Fitter. Happier. More Productive.
sigpic
Comment
Comment